Sony Hd Bravia 26 Inch Flatscreen

JRA

I brought my less than 1.5 year old flatscreen HD/Sony/Bravia mainly for usa football season and ncaa basketball...and since I play to travel around Thailand and not stay in CM I am either going to ship back to US unless I can get about 9,000 bhat....I paid $700 us end of 2009

With US TV, which is not the same as asia (NTSC/Pal)...if you are here to stay or long term this maybe a good option for you...and if you have a UBC box, PS3's, bluray (bluray same in us and Asia). apple tv, roku's WDTV then there is no concerns NTSC/pal...if you have none of that like me, when then you are s.o.l :(

However, I don't plan to invest in anymore gagets/electronics as I am not here to stay long-term my plan was to try different cities now after my 3 month lease is up...I still have the original box it was shipped to me from dell and the box/tv was just counted as my 2nd bag when I flew here in January so I didn't have to pay fee when I arrrived thank goodness

Frankly, I wish I had left it home now because it's really nice and great product but shipping it back will cost more than its worth or near and I don't want to be burdened with moving it when I leave CM for a new location soon...if anyone is interested send be a message...kop koon krup

Sony Bravia-KDL 26L5000 manuf. Feb 2009 purchased from dell with my laptop in fall of 09...have manual/paperwork and original box shipped in from UPS...weight 16 kg

Edited by JRA

Here is a link from Amazon and what the tv looks like and the info you may need...see link if interested....I guess I may have to consider a bit less but I am not giving the thing away when it has like 6 months use...probably just ship it home...oh well....worth a try just to avoid the trouble...

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Bravia-KDL-26L5000-26-Inch-Black/dp/B001S2RDCC

There was someone offering an LG 32 inch 720p TV for 7,000 the other day - think 5000 and you may be getting close but even then not a sure thing I'd say. Too small for a TV and not high enough resolution for a computer monitor...

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='ChiangMaiFun' timestamp='1300614504' post='4297298'

26 inch? jeeze - no offence but most of us are buying 50 inch plus now days

yah nobody with a house, condo or family with space would want a 2nd tv :whistling:

Here is a link from Amazon and what the tv looks like and the info you may need...see link if interested....I guess I may have to consider a bit less but I am not giving the thing away when it has like 6 months use...probably just ship it home...oh well....worth a try just to avoid the trouble...

http://www.amazon.co...k/dp/B001S2RDCC

I'm not saying that your TV isn't worth the money to you. However, TV's have come down in price dramatically and for anyone considering buying a 26" TV in Thailand, there are so many available on sale for far less than the price you are asking, plus they come with a full warranty.

But anyway, good luck.smile.gif

uptheos is right and being very nice about it.

For a 2 yr old TV, no warranty, that will need additional investment to use, its well overpriced. If you need perspective, try stopping in the SIAM TV(South side of the moat).

Where are you going next? Any possibility it may be better received there?

I'm not saying that your TV isn't worth the money to you. However, TV's have come down in price dramatically and for anyone considering buying a 26" TV in Thailand, there are so many available on sale for far less than the price you are asking, plus they come with a full warranty.

uptheos is right and being very nice about it.

For a 2 yr old TV, no warranty, that will need additional investment to use, its well overpriced. If you need perspective, try stopping in the SIAM TV(South side of the moat).

Where are you going next? Any possibility it may be better received there?

Steve...this post was old and before I did any research....and one poster explained to me that I should ask less which was totally fine....more wanting to dump it because it a pain to move with me in the box and really wished i left it home...amazon lists at plus $300 used but this was just the starting point...I wouldn't take $100 US but if someone made a fair offer like a couple guys said from 5-6000 bhat I could live with that just to save the value of taking in home on the airline

I just more had an issue with the guy acting like nobody has a 2nd tv and acting like the 26" is meant to be the hub of someones tv watching...its meant more for like a bedroom where I had it mounted in my home back in seattle...