Any Latest News About Renewal Of 1-year Visas?

Hello all

I was wondering if any of you have any latest news about renewing 1-year visas (Thai wife) in 2004 as I have not been to Immigration since last June. I have read somewhere that Thai Immigration Authorities are trying to implement or have already implemented the change of minimum salaries and work permits from 20,000 to 40,000 of money transferred from abroad from 200,000 to 400,000 Bht. Can anybody tell me if this is confirmed? I am sort of worried as my 1-year visa will be running out end of March and although I am starting a new job in January and my company will apply for a work permit, my initial salary will be a bit lower than 40,000 Bht. Can anybody tell me if there is a possibility of renewing 1-year visas just by showing the work permit, letter from the company plus all my wife documents regardless of the amount of salary?

Thanks

Jose

Believe you will still be under the 200k/20k if done in June as by accounts the increase is due mid July. There may also be a grandfather clause to allow those already in the system to continue at the present rate. I don't think you have anything to worry about.