Re Entry Permit

Yes, according to reports there is a desk now again, open from 0:6:00 till 24:00.

It requires the fee 1,000 single 3,800 mutiple, a form you must fill in there and a passport photo. Also you need to check in first with the airline and show your ticket.boarding card.

If you can, be safe and get one at your local immirgation office.

Yes, according to reports there is a desk now again, open from 0:6:00 till 24:00.

It requires the fee 1,000 single 3,800 mutiple, a form you must fill in there and a passport photo. Also you need to check in first with the airline and show your ticket.boarding card.

If you can, be safe and get one at your local immirgation office.

Thanks for reply,another question,if I come later back to thailand than filled into the re entry form,what will happen?

Nothing. Provided you re-enter before the expiry date of your re-entry permit (which will be the date that your current permission to stay expires) you will be stamped back in without losing your permission to stay.

Note that a re-entry does not add any days to your current stay, it just protects it.

If you enter after the permit (and your current stay) expires you will be given whatever visa-exemption stay your nationality permits.

Nothing. Provided you re-enter before the expiry date of your re-entry permit (which will be the date that your current permission to stay expires) you will be stamped back in without losing your permission to stay.

Note that a re-entry does not add any days to your current stay, it just protects it.

If you enter after the permit (and your current stay) expires you will be given whatever visa-exemption stay your nationality permits.

Ok understand,thanks alot for information

Ok understand,thanks alot for information

Note: BE SURE to enter your Re-Entry Permit number in the blocks on the Arrival Card where it says "VISA No." Don't enter your visa number.

Mac

As I'm going to America in two weeks time I thought I'd leave my re-entry permit until nearer the time. I was shocked to find on Friday via TV that Pattaya Immigration is only open on one day in the next TWO WEEKS! Why was there not more notice?

Related question.

I have my retirement visa and re-entry permit for my first trip out of Thailand.

My normal 90 days reporting date after 3 months would be 20/6/11.

I will be in UK from late April until early June, say June 10th.

When is my next reporting date to immigration, after I return to Thailand?

Is it still original 90 day date of 20/6/11?

or does the 90 days start again from the day I arrive back in Thailand on 10/6/11, thus making it around 8/9/11?

Related question.

I have my retirement visa and re-entry permit for my first trip out of Thailand.

or does the 90 days start again from the day I arrive back in Thailand on 10/6/11, thus making it around 8/9/11?

90 Days starts again from your date of entry into Thailand. This is provided your Retirement Visa is still in force over that time.

Related question.

90 Days starts again from your date of entry into Thailand. This is provided your Retirement Visa is still in force over that time.

Thanks OZEMADE.

I did expect so, but nearly got caught out as I also expected after I got my retirement visa - converted my non imm "o" - that my 90 days started from the date of converting, but found out in the nick of time that it remained the same date relevant to the last time I left the country. Converting to a retirement visa was an irrelevant action as far as that particular reporting date was concerned - nobody told me at immigration either!

• 9 months later...

Any recent reports on obtaining a re-entry permit at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Location of office and times would be appreciated and if it's "set in concrete" or a tad risky?

Is the next best option in Bangkok proper or do you need to return to your local office?

• 2 months later...

One entry good for one entry (one trip return).

Multi entry good for unlimited number of entries (trip return) during validity (current extension of stay time).

So if you suspect you may need to make more than 3 trips during current extension of stay the multi entry would likely be the best choice.

Mods.

Could this please be transferred to the Visa Section?

As you are not the original poster and subject directly concerns airport issue there is no need to move. If you want to start a new topic in visa section you may do so.

this is good news, but I still cannot fathom out why they stopped this issuing office in the first place - stupidity. So any bright spark know where the new office is located ??

Inside the immigration area at Swampy, before you get your passport stamped.

Edited by PattayaParent

• 4 months later...

Can anyone please confirm that the office in Suwannabhumi still open after the recent renovation, and I can get my reentry stamp there?

------------

It's not really an "office"....it's more like a desk that issues exit/rentry permits as i recall.

It's in the departing passengers immigration area.

Don't remember the desk number....I've never used it but seen it on deparure before.

But remember...it's not a 24 hour thing.....daytime hours service only.

Supposed to be for "emergencies" (and weekends I guess?)

whistling.gif

Yes, the desk is definitely still there (just saw it).

The one I saw is in the centre immigration area (the one near the Thai check-in), I assume there is one in the other areas. You must pass through the revised security (upstairs) before you can get to the desk. Hours are 6AM to Midnight, cost is 1200 Baht for a single, 4000 Baht for a multi, only available on day of departure and you must have at least one hour before your flight leaves, they can take your photo too.

The one I saw is in the centre immigration area (the one near the Thai check-in), I assume there is one in the other areas.

Are there three immigrations halls now for departing passengers? I thought there were only two. huh.png

The one I saw is in the centre immigration area (the one near the Thai check-in), I assume there is one in the other areas.

Are there three immigrations halls now for departing passengers? I thought there were only two. huh.png

Actually there have always been three, the leftmost (with the road behind you) is for Thai first/business passengers. So yes, there are only two available for us minions. The centre one (near check-in H/J) is the one I used yesterday. The rightmost is often quiet not being well signposted so can be a good option for those in a hurry.

Yes, the desk is definitely still there (just saw it).

The one I saw is in the centre immigration area (the one near the Thai check-in), I assume there is one in the other areas. You must pass through the revised security (upstairs) before you can get to the desk. Hours are 6AM to Midnight, cost is 1200 Baht for a single, 4000 Baht for a multi, only available on day of departure and you must have at least one hour before your flight leaves, they can take your photo too.

Crossy sorry to add more questions regarding this:

- is the only re-entry permit counter available through the upstairs security area - or can this be done through the immigration section down on the far right?

- is re-entry available for a 60 day tourist visa?

Thanks

SVB