Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Height will be an issue with the clamp but that can easily sorted with a few spacers and a longer M6 bolt.

Length wise ....................... yeah I reckon you could fit that battery, might need some surgery and bend down the ends of the battery tray.

Lemme pull that battery from my development vehicle and give you a more accurate opinion of what can realistically be fitted, I'll do it tomoz.

Edit:.......... the battery that I measured is a 68Ah one, vehicle is a July built 3.2 Wildtrak.

Finally home and went shopping for a new battery for the Ranger. Bought a Boliden DIN75 SMF which is a beefier 75Ah but exact same physical size as the OEM 60Ah box of sparks. The guy had 5500 baht written on the cellophane wrapped box but I managed to get him down to 4800 with the dud one thrown in.

Now I have the yellow 'check engine' light on which I assume may be from a 'confused' onboard computer sitting with a flat battery for over 2 months? Maybe needs a 'reset' by some Ford technicians? Otherwise, the truck is back up and running again.

Now I have the yellow 'check engine' light on which I assume may be from a 'confused' onboard computer sitting with a flat battery for over 2 months? Maybe needs a 'reset' by some Ford technicians? Otherwise, the truck is back up and running again.

Sorted! Just disconnected the -ve terminal for 20 minutes and reconnected. Must have cleared the low-battery fault (if that was indeed the 'check engine' flag).

All good now.

It really sounds like an on board computer problem. Could be wrong but....................facepalm.gif

That is what I thought and told them but they insist it is the rail? Not being a mechanic I am kinda at Fords mercy

Hmmmmmmmm, a rail is a rail, with a connection, that's it. sad.png

Yea, it takes them about 5 minutes to change it. I have the old one with me. And it has a connection on the front for the electrics. I think I will put the old one back on it and see has the problem. If not I think a computer problem. Last time they reset the computer and it was fine for a few weeks. I have got to where I just do not trust the Ford dealerships here. Maybe I am wrong but I just have a gut feeling.

Do you know how to reset the computer on the truck? If I can reset it myself I can start to narrow down the problem I think.

Don't know where you are but I would take your vehicle to a injector fuel pump service center just ask the Ford dealer where it is.as all dealer's send anything related to the fuel injector system there this includes Toyota

• 1 month later...

I'm considering part exchanging my current ranger manual gear for an auto gear.2.2 xlt model.

Just wondering if yo guys owning the auto model are happy with it? My legs getting a bit tired nowadays so looking for an easier drive.

Thanks for any thoughts....

I have an auto ranger wt 2.2 which is the same engine as the model you are considering.

We drive a lot around pattaya and an auto is the way to go, my wife also can't drive a manual (well she never tried).

Since it's not a race/sports car why bother with manual trans., I don't think I will ever own a man. trans. car/truck again.

You can change the gears manually in the auto model if you want.

Hey,it's good to see this topic 'on the board' again....

This is a short story related to 'Spoonman' water incident (very costly)....

A few days ago,after some big rain in Chiang Mai,I was coming down the hill and about to join the bigger road to the left.Just when I was approaching the intersection,the light change to green for them,so I did not slow down much,which would make me clear ahead of everybody....but when I was looking to the right,trying to spot any 'light jumpers',I only noticed the big paddle of water right at the bend and across the entire lane...so,no place to run and no time to stop....

The truck hit it hard...the wall of water went over the top,almost felt like in the submarine...My heart stopped for a moment,trying to listen to the engine and look at the instruments...But the engine didn't miss a beat!

Man,I felt lucky....but my wife was pissed....of course,I don't know how to drive a car...wink.png

There is a good thing coming out of this story....not every paddle will ruin your engine.....but better don't test it,avoid if can...you know (from 'Spoonman'),that sh#t can happen...I for sure will not try to do it again....but man,it felt fun for a second..biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Stay dry....

My Rangewr is still not back on the road and when it will I do not know, last I heard it takes 1 month for the finance company to give us the book to be updated when we go tho the LTD to have the engine number stamped.

But anyone wanting to buy a Ford they like to move the goal posts if there is an issue.

from my last email to them (they offered me a discount on parts almost 3 months ago.but reneged when invoices shown......still on going).

1. Discount was initially reneged due to your claim the parts were not purchased through a Ford dealer.
  2. A phone call this morning from someone at Ford told me no discount as the parts were not purchased from Ford Pattaya.
  3. You are now saying no discount as the vehicle was not repaired at a Ford authorized workshop.

Latest email from them is if my vehicle is returned to dealership (owned by the company I work for, This is the one whom they said was not a Ford Dealer that I purchased the parts through and hence no discount) then they will give the discount and full warranty will resume, but I still have to pay for all towing fee's and also for Ford Pattaya to pull the vehicle apart.......

Ford Thailand are the worst bunch of cretins you will ever have the displeasure of dealing with.

Edited by Spoonman

Well,I took the plunge and got the new Ranger Auto today,have only driven it 50km but so far the auto box feels great,and the car feels easily as responsive as the manual box but smoother,bye bye manual gearbox lol...

Congt. on your new truck, that was fast! I waited 8 month for mine but it was worth it and I got it to old price.

I guess many dealers have stock now.

Edited by guzzi850m2

Well,I took the plunge and got the new Ranger Auto today,have only driven it 50km but so far the auto box feels great,and the car feels easily as responsive as the manual box but smoother,bye bye manual gearbox lol...

Congt. on your new truck, that was fast! I waited 8 month for mine but it was worth it and I got it to old price.

I guess many dealers have stock now.

Thanks,yep they have a lot of stock now,so just took only 2 days.i bought the low rider xlt manual in February this year as ford couldn't get me a hi rider auto for love nor money at the time?been a costly experience upgrading as the turn price on the first pickup was rather crap from fords Tent men,and most other tents I asked a price from,tried to turn it for a Toyota ,there tents offered me even lower money for it.

I can sympathise with Spoonman about Ford,there service really is poor,and trying to get extras out of them is like trying to bleed a stone.but to summarise,I do like Fords and I still think the Ranger drives and looks nicer than Toyota ,so onward we go with Ford....

You'll love it, what color?

I got the metropilatan grey,love the colour,it seems to look black sometimes,dark grey and very dark blue depending on the light..Just drove 100 km in it this morning.drives lovely..

You'll love it, what color?

post-45017-0-38329200-1381651173_thumb.jpost-45017-0-53305200-1381651236_thumb.j

I thought we called that "little wife" in Thailand wink.png

Yep, new truck is the next best thing to a new wife!

Naw, the little wife is the one in the kitchen, the first one is the one standing outside smile.png

Wives are a lot like boats. They're nice to have, but it's better if you just have a buddy with one you can use when you like...thumbsup.gif

Edited by mogandave

Wives are a lot like boats. They're nice to have, but it's better if you just have a buddy with one you can use when you like...thumbsup.gif

.... please tell me we're talking about, 'for purposes of getting some sugar borrowing an occasional cup of flour rice'! whistling.gif

Edited by thailoht

Naw, the little wife is the one in the kitchen, the first one is the one standing outside smile.png

And cars are like girlfriends - no matter how much you like the one you currently have, there will always be a new model that will catch your eye ;)

I thought we called that "little wife" in Thailand Posted Image

Naw, the little wife is the one in the kitchen, the first one is the one standing outside Posted Image

Wives are a lot like boats. They're nice to have, but it's better if you just have a buddy with one you can use when you like...Posted Image

And cars are like girlfriends - no matter how much you like the one you currently have, there will always be a new model that will catch your eye ;)

And, like the saying goes, "One's too many, and a thousand's not enough..."

• 2 weeks later...

I'm considering part exchanging my current ranger manual gear for an auto gear.2.2 xlt model.

Just wondering if yo guys owning the auto model are happy with it? My legs getting a bit tired nowadays so looking for an easier drive.

Thanks for any thoughts....

I have an auto ranger wt 2.2 which is the same engine as the model you are considering.

We drive a lot around pattaya and an auto is the way to go, my wife also can't drive a manual (well she never tried).

Since it's not a race/sports car why bother with manual trans., I don't think I will ever own a man. trans. car/truck again.

You can change the gears manually in the auto model if you want.

After just spending a few days at Koh Chang with new auto ranger,I must say I'm thrilled with auto box,it handles the hills there with ease and auto gear changes are smoother than I thought they would be...

Well, the thing is you never lend three items;

1/. Chainsaw

2/. Boat

3/. Wife

because they all get <deleted>..

Height will be an issue with the clamp but that can easily sorted with a few spacers and a longer M6 bolt.

Length wise ....................... yeah I reckon you could fit that battery, might need some surgery and bend down the ends of the battery tray.

Lemme pull that battery from my development vehicle and give you a more accurate opinion of what can realistically be fitted, I'll do it tomoz.

Edit:.......... the battery that I measured is a 68Ah one, vehicle is a July built 3.2 Wildtrak.

Finally home and went shopping for a new battery for the Ranger. Bought a Boliden DIN75 SMF which is a beefier 75Ah but exact same physical size as the OEM 60Ah box of sparks. The guy had 5500 baht written on the cellophane wrapped box but I managed to get him down to 4800 with the dud one thrown in.

Don't you think 4800 THB is a bit expensive for 75 AMP battery...

Usually the price is below 3000 THB and if you exchange the old one ( battery laugh.png ) they discount 300-500 THB....

Or is that a special battery?

Don't you think 4800 THB is a bit expensive for 75 AMP battery...

Usually the price is below 3000 THB and if you exchange the old one ( battery laugh.png ) they discount 300-500 THB....

Or is that a special battery?

If you can get me one for that price uwe rayong I'll grab 1.

How many can I exchange at that 300 to 500b rate..... Would 7 equal no money changes hands ?

http://www.bbautobattery.com/Boliden_Dry_Price.html

These shops don't do you a favor if they buy your old battery, they sell it again and make a further profit.

People do collect plastic bottles, glass and paper and sale it..

What you think makes a car battery so heavy, water?

I just answered to your 5500 THB battery offer cause it is not just a little bit more then the usual sticker price...

The 3200 THB in the above link is still expensive.