Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

Just for trivias sake, the F100 was last made in 1984, the F150 debuted in 1975, and in 1984 F100 dicontinued and F150 officially the base truck for the F series!

Whilst on trivia........ the first F100 was approx. 1953 and it was a great looking truck. It still looks great in my opinion.

Okay: That's why most all the current pickups look like the '97 Ford F-150

I think before '53 it was the F-1, yes?

I had a '53, Fords 50th anniversary edition.

Before 53, 48-52 was calld the Ford Bonus-built, in 53 the F1 was introduced!

I think the F100 was introduced in '53, before that i'm pretty sure it was F1.

A little Ford truck history:

"1900 Henry Ford builds his third vehicle – a truck.

1917 Ford introduces the Model T One-Ton truck chassis, the first chassis built specifically for trucks.

1925 The first factory-assembled Ford pickup debuts, with a price tag of $281. The new truck is outfitted with a cargo box, an adjustable tailgate, four stake pockets and heavy duty rear springs.

1928 Ford introduces the Model A Open Cab Pickup and AA Chassis.

1932 Ford adds an all-new Model B pickup and a new Model BB truck chassis to its lineup. It's the first year for the Ford flathead V-8.

1948 In 1948, F-Series trucks becomes Ford Motor Company's first all-new, post-war line of vehicles. F-Series trucks range from F-1 (1/2 ton) to F-8 (3-ton) models.

1953 The F-100 pickup is introduced, replacing the F-1.

1959 Ford offers drivers the first factory-built, F-250 four-wheel drive models.

1965 Twin I-beam front suspension is announced, a feature that greatly improves ride quality.

1965 The name "Ranger" is used to describe a styling package for F-Series pickup trucks.

1965 The F-250 Crew Cab becomes Ford's first four-door pickup.

1974 Ford introduces the F-Series SuperCab body style for F-100 through F-350 trucks.

1975 Ford introduces the F-150.

1980 The F-150 is redesigned to offer a more finished cab and more comfort options for drivers.

1981 Plans for the all-new Ranger pickup truck are unveiled at a press conference in Dearborn, Michigan.

1983 This year flagged the debut of the F-Series 6.9-liter diesel V-8.

1986 The Ford Ranger is named "4x4 of the Year" by Petersen's 4-Wheel and Off-Road magazine.

1988 The F-150truck is now available as a 4X4 SuperCab model.

1994 A driver's side air bag becomes standard equipment.

1995 The F-Series overtakes the Volkswagen Beetle as the world's best-selling vehicle nameplate.

1998 Ford builds a limited number of NASCAR edition F-150 trucks.

2003 The 6.0-liter Power Stroke diesel is added.

2004 Ford designs new F-150 trucks that reflect the daily-driver status of today's pickups.

2005 Ford rolls out a newly designed Super Duty truck. The F-150 wins numerous "best truck" awards.

2007 A supercharged Harley-Davidson edition truck becomes available.

2008 This year marks the 60th anniversary of the F-Series pickup truck; Ford designs special edition trucks to commemorate the anniversary."

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm going to give up on the Ranger. I need something before Songkran and ideally before the 16th of this month, and I don't think Ford are going to deliver; literally.

Don't like the BT-50, the exterior styling is poor in my opinion (except from one particular angle, which isn't really enough!).

I think I'm going to give up on the Ranger. I need something before Songkran and ideally before the 16th of this month, and I don't think Ford are going to deliver; literally.

Don't like the BT-50, the exterior styling is poor in my opinion (except from one particular angle, which isn't really enough!).

According to the unmentionable newspaper 2100 out of 9600 rangers have been delivered...and "Mr Yuki said orders for the new Mazda BT-50 Pro passed the 7,000 mark slightly more than a month after its official launch, with delivery to buyers of all vehicles expected to take only a few months"

So it sound the bt50 is still a few months away before major deliveries will be made to customers.

I canceled my order today for my Ford Wildtrak 4x4 AT. Hope this frees one Ranger for a happy Thaivisa user. Okay, there is hope, my Ford dealer said I can have my deposit back this Saturday. I will update this Saturday to all what happens.

I canceled my order today for my Ford Wildtrak 4x4 AT. Hope this frees one Ranger for a happy Thaivisa user. Okay, there is hope, my Ford dealer said I can have my deposit back this Saturday. I will update this Saturday to all what happens.

Which Wildtrack were you waiting on 2.2 or 3.2?

Which Wildtrack were you waiting on 2.2 or 3.2?

According to the unmentionable newspaper 2100 out of 9600 rangers have been delivered...and "Mr Yuki said orders for the new Mazda BT-50 Pro passed the 7,000 mark slightly more than a month after its official launch, with delivery to buyers of all vehicles expected to take only a few months"

So it sound the bt50 is still a few months away before major deliveries will be made to customers.

Yep, I'm not waiting for that. The D-Max isn't quite what I want, the Vigo is dated, along with the Triton, and the Colorado has an extremely ugly interior (though I think it looks great on the outside in that metallic bronze/brown).

Got a red Fiesta S which I will pick up tomorrow morning.

Apparently they are having similar delivery issues with the Fiestas. I asked when I could have a grey, black or blue one, they said "I don't know, but definitely not soon" So it was either red or orange.

I might get a Ranger in a couple of years, but by then there may be something better to tempt me (and I will probably have had enough of Ford's after sales service by then). Thankfully I now know of (via proxy) the owner of the Ford/Mazda dealerships here, which could help...

Edited by TehBen

Im renting a 2.2L ford ranger xlt, very happy with it and while i would rather have the wildtrack be waiting for me at home, im not in LOS too much next few months and so renting is fine for the time being. The colorado/dmax isnt as spacious as the dated previous model, im sure the safety is a lot better but the cabin is much more cramped largely due to limited tilt. The ranger has very generous space and even better safety, im very happy that the top model will come with curtain airbags, the previous model is so dated it must be like buying a toyota tiger in 2004 before the vigo arrived. Im so happy i didnt buy the nissan navara or chev and will wait it out for the 3.2 with the features i want. Just a shame the top line wildtrack lacks the chrome finish of the xlt which i think looks classier. Either way i will get chrome accents on the everest whenever that arrives, I just want to see one. be great to quence the suspense over the interior and exterior.

Jan-Feb sales taken from mazda.co.th

Model.....................................January'12.......................................February'12.............................Total

Mazda2................................... 3,097..................................3,327............................6,424

Mazda3 2.0L.......................353..............................................269..................................622

Mazda BT-50 PRO......................360..............................................851.........................................1,211

Mazda CX-9...................................-...................................................1.................................................1

Mazda MX-5..................................2...................................................3................................................5

Grand Total..................................3,812............................................4,451................................8,263

7,000 would be all the cars and trucks included Mazda makes the BT-50 is only of 1200 of the 7,000. Only 2 CX-9 and 5 MX-5 but over 6,000 MX2!

Edited by gosompoi

Ford Malaysia started to accept bookings in mid February 2012. We were told that it will be launched in June this year. But in Ford malaysia website under Frequently Asked Questions : It is stated that delivery for 2.2 manual and auto will be 2-3 months after the launching (August - September) while for Wildtrak 3.2 delivery will be 4-5 months after launching (around November) .... Just imagine waiting for 10 months to get the truck !!!! I hope that I have the patience

Ford Malaysia started to accept bookings in mid February 2012. We were told that it will be launched in June this year. But in Ford malaysia website under Frequently Asked Questions : It is stated that delivery for 2.2 manual and auto will be 2-3 months after the launching (August - September) while for Wildtrak 3.2 delivery will be 4-5 months after launching (around November) .... Just imagine waiting for 10 months to get the truck !!!! I hope that I have the patience

Which one are you waiting on, and did you put deposit? Trust me, won't be evn close to that far away!

I have paid MYR500 for the booking of Wildtrak 3.2 . If the truck is available in November onwards, might as wait until the 1st quarter 2013, and get the new batch of truck that is manufactured in 2013.

It's pretty standard that Malaysia waits somewhere between 6-15 months to get the latest variants of TH models.. So you might not have to delay delivery much, or at all, in order to get a 2013 build date wink.png

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

I can imagine the number of 7000 are orders, the latest numbers deliveries.

Correct, "7000" is the number of bookings received, not the number of deliveries.

The T6 Ranger booking count is now over 9000, but actual deliveries are still only in the 2000's.

MRO, do u expect any decent deals for the ranger at the next morot show? I'm interested in the 3.2, but there's no hurry to get the truck. Given there are 7000 undelivered vehicles, is it better to book now and wait, say 6 months, or book in 3 months time and wait 3 months? Would there be any difference in delivery date booking now or in the future? And once they have delivered these 9000 vehicles (cleared the backlog), can we expect delivery to be much quicker - delivery in weeks rather than months...:) Thanks

I can imagine the number of 7000 are orders, the latest numbers deliveries.

Correct, "7000" is the number of bookings received, not the number of deliveries.

The T6 Ranger booking count is now over 9000, but actual deliveries are still only in the 2000's.

MRO, do u expect any decent deals for the ranger at the next morot show? I'm interested in the 3.2, but there's no hurry to get the truck. Given there are 7000 undelivered vehicles, is it better to book now and wait, say 6 months, or book in 3 months time and wait 3 months? Would there be any difference in delivery date booking now or in the future? And once they have delivered these 9000 vehicles (cleared the backlog), can we expect delivery to be much quicker - delivery in weeks rather than months...smile.png Thanks

I think everyone expected the 3.2L W/T production would be flying by now, but it isn't.

So with that in mind, I fully expect there to be 'show only' deals on 2.2L models (i.e. more freebies and/or lower interest rates), but given the status of the 3.2L W/T we may not see a decent deal on that until the end of year Motor Expo (when I also expect we'll see more 3.2L variants too).

All just speculating though, hopefully they'll dish up a surprise ;)

I was told my 2.2 wildtrack will be ready end of this month.

I am really not sure if I should wait for the 3.2 or have a look at the Mazda grrrrrr

I have a source that has told me, 3.2's will start to be available in May. My dealer has also told me some 2.2 will be starting to show up by end of month, but I'm not going to settle for a 2,2, its 3.2 all or nothing!

I want to put a new stereo/TV as I have one in my CRV which is a life saver in heavy traffic.

The looks of the dashboard on Ranger looks a little trick to put one in.

Will it be possible you think? I am sure it would be, but that means I would have to rip that little screen out which the controls are connected to the steering wheel.

I want to put a new stereo/TV as I have one in my CRV which is a life saver in heavy traffic.

Will it be possible you think? I am sure it would be, but that means I would have to rip that little screen out which the controls are connected to the steering wheel.

The screen on top of the dash is only 5" diagonal - so a good 2" smaller than what it'd need to be to house a typical double-DIN screen. And the OEM unit is so heavily integrated with so many things, that even someone did make a dash kit to allow a standard double-DIN stereo to be fitted, it would very likely mean losing a lot of the integrated features (e.g, steering wheel controls, voice control, bluetooth speaker/mic).

If you're willing to spend the money for custom fabrication, anything is possible though smile.png

Other options would be:

* Roof mounted LCD screen, with an external DVD, Bluray, tablet, WDTV, iPod Touch etc interfaced to the audio system via AUX-in

* Rear headrest monitors with built-in DVD/Bluray players

* Headrest iPad/tablet mounts

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

I was told my 2.2 wildtrack will be ready end of this month.

I am really not sure if I should wait for the 3.2 or have a look at the Mazda grrrrrr

I have a source that has told me, 3.2's will start to be available in May. My dealer has also told me some 2.2 will be starting to show up by end of month, but I'm not going to settle for a 2,2, its 3.2 all or nothing!

I stopped at the Ford dealer in Sahkon Nahkon last Thursday for information.

They had 3 brand new 2.2L in the lot, don't know if they were preordered or not.

Inquired about the 3.2L and was given the price of 1,049,000 for the 4X4, 4 door, automatic and told they would be available in May. I'm willing to wait.

I don't know if this helps, as I don't really know what to look for.

post-80555-0-09812100-1331431538_thumb.jpost-80555-0-51556400-1331431541_thumb.jpost-80555-0-02695600-1331431545_thumb.jpost-80555-0-41172900-1331431548_thumb.jpost-80555-0-42858600-1331431552_thumb.jpost-80555-0-54745400-1331431556_thumb.j

I would imagine that a Thai company isn't to far away from making an aftermarket replacement.

For those who have actually reserved a Ranger or BT-50, can you chime in on what engine size you ordered.. 2.2L or 3.2L

I have a 2.2L BT-50 on order but if fuel consumption is fairly close perhaps I should re-think and go for the big motor.

For those who have actually reserved a Ranger or BT-50, can you chime in on what engine size you ordered.. 2.2L or 3.2L

I have a 2.2L BT-50 on order but if fuel consumption is fairly close perhaps I should re-think and go for the big motor.

I would only consider the larger engine if I was planning on hauling the weight

A truck is not what I consider for higher speeds anyway... So the larger engine for me is only for increased work load.

Moving over in a few months & wil buy new what is available.

Would like that to be a Ford/Mazda but if not available it will be what ever is...Toyota/Isuzu

We sold our car on last trip so we have no choice & renting longer than a month is not for us.

I have had a 3.2 on order since Dec, Wildtrack that is!!