What Area To Stay In Hua Hin

GBHuhd

Hi Guys,

Thinking of coming over to Hua Hin at the end of April for a week rather than going off to Samui like i usually do. Since i have never been there before, wonder if anyone could give me a couple of tips on the best areas to stay ?

I'll be with the mrs this time, so looking for something near a beach and near a few bars/restaurants, but not in a really dead busy area if that is possible ?

Not sure on the size of the place, but if it has remote areas then probably want to give those a miss for the hotl...What i'm trying to avoid, is being stuck in one particular area, as would like to get around (presume you can hire motorbikes like everywhere else in Thailand ?) and look at different places, but also have the option of the area we are staying to go down to beach, have a drink, have a decent meal etc when we can't be arsed driving anywhere.

Anybody got any tips ? Also any hotels in your recommended areas would be great to know as well.

Cheers !

Stayed in Hau Hin about 4 weeks ago. First time there and we booked, thru Agoda, the Narawan Hotel around the 1200 baht price range. Clean and basic Hotel. Quite happy with that hotel's locations - 5 minutes to the beach , 5 minutes to Tesco and the movie theatres. Couple of cheap, good value restaurants around the area.

Hope that is a help.

Would like to keep it under 2500 baht if possible...its the area i'm more bothered about though really.

Cheers

ps - Thanks Xen !

I prefere to be in the midle of town. Few hundred meters to the beach, or beachfront at Sofitel and Hilton. Restaurants and enteratinment all around.

Jed Pee Nong is approx 1200 baht including breakfast. Ok AC rooms and nice pool. 032512381

Narawan is good, soi 94 over the tracks I Believe? I wouldn't bother renting anything closer to town, just rent a motorbike for 200-300bht a day. Can stay pretty much anywhere in HH and rent a bike as youll most likely need one anyway. Renting a motorbike for a day is just 100bht more expensive then a average tuktuk journey, 1-3km 200bht.

Edited by sam666

Thanks All, i will check our some of your recommendations. One last question, if i am centre of Hua Hin and want to get out on the bike to some of the queiter beaches (Pranburi way i believe ?), how far is this on the bike ?

Cheers

Thanks All, i will check our some of your recommendations. One last question, if i am centre of Hua Hin and want to get out on the bike to some of the queiter beaches (Pranburi way i believe ?), how far is this on the bike ?

Cheers

On a CBR if driving at 80-100 I can get to the Army Beach in under 20mins from Bon Gai (further away from the Narawan), Ko Tao in under 25mins from my front door and Sam Roi Yot in under 50mins. Use to do the same on a Yamaha Nouvo scooter, can pretty much get to the Army Beach and Ko Tao some kms south of Hua Hin in under half an hour door to beach (includes stops for Gas and snacks etc)

Imo the 3 are the best beachs and that's why I like a fast bike, I could get to my personal favourite beach sam roi yot quicker then any car and it's a nice ride too.

Edited by sam666

Cheers

approx 23 km north to Cha Am and similar south to Pranburi

the beach Soi 67 and south is nicer than town beach, but then you need to travel for meals and entertainment

Narawan is good, soi 94 over the tracks I Believe?

Sam, Is this the one directly beside the tracks on 94? If so, and if noise is an issue, this may not be the best choice. I've heard complaints about this and other places too close to the railroad tracks because of the frequent trains blowing their whistles all night.

I would second the Jed Pee Nong as it is a nice small hotel located within walking distance of everything downtown and you can rent a bike nearby for a trip to the more remote attractions or beaches.

When we stayed at the Narawan we only heard the trains a few times and it only lasted a few minutes as the train went by. Everybody is different to how they re-act to certain sounds. The most annoying thing was the few lounge chairs being reserved all day, from about 5.00 am onwards . But the beach was so close it was no drama .

Thanks All, i am going for either the Narawan or the Jed Pee Nong i think, they both have availability so just deciding between the 2 of them as the price is 1200 for both. Probably the Jed P Nong, as i have also read a few things about the trains around Narawan, so probably wont risk it as the mrs is unlikely to be as comatose as i am after a skinful !

Cheers

Thanks All, i am going for either the Narawan or the Jed Pee Nong i think, they both have availability so just deciding between the 2 of them as the price is 1200 for both. Probably the Jed P Nong, as i have also read a few things about the trains around Narawan, so probably wont risk it as the mrs is unlikely to be as comatose as i am after a skinful !

Cheers

Jed Pee Nong offers groundfloor poolside rooms and upper floor poolview rooms, both can be had with 2 beds or one king size bed, so make sure reserving according to you desire. Have a nice holiday :)

... and give us feedback please about what you liked here and didn't. Let us know if you were happy with the hotel. Owners and conditions change here and when I recommend something based on past experience I like to know if it is still good or has gone downhill so that I know whether or not to recommend it again. Enjoy your visit.

The Fat Cat Guest was was very good for us October last year.

Clean, safe and had a balcony with sea views.

Close to everything in down town HH just by walking.

There is a British pub next door with good breakfast and coffee.

The rooms are a little small though.

• 1 month later...

just remembered i forgot to come back and post about the stay. In the end, both the Jed P and Nilawan were full, so i ended up staying in a palce called Baan Radjamern just down near soi 67. That was ok, nice pool and decent rooms, if a little overpriced. It was right on the beach, but i found that all the beaches the tide was a long way out, guess it must have just been the time of year. Getting around was no problem on the motorbike, thanks for all your tips !