Land Rover Defender Is Coming!

nikster

I think we are talking about the replacement for that model. Its had that boxy shape for decades lets hope they don't alter it significantly. I suspect it'll be more a kin to the latest Discovery. These things will sell.

Yep, the new Defender will be based on the Disco platform.

If they are aiming at 3% excice it must be pickup build on frame/chassie, leaf springs, wheelbase more than 280cm and load 1.000 kg. Present Disco is a moncoque, as is present Range Rover

Frame, coil/ airsprings and 7 seat SUV is 20% excicetax

Monocoque 3000cc is 50% excicetax

I suspect them to want to build present Defender design in LOS when they retire it in UK, as it can easily be modded to fit Thai excicetax requirements. an 130 inch wheelbase Defender pickup already exists

Now that would make sense. a 130 defender pickup will do nicely Sir, especially if it can compete on price with the currently available pickups.

No chance on price I guess, since it is to be assembled by imported (duty) parts in small scale. It is less expensive to make 500.000 Vigo a year from Thai parts. But I was hoping for a 4 door 130 incher with 270? hp 3,0 diesel auto top equipped at 1,6 million baht

Its been confirm the company I work for is the the company doing this, the intent to convert current Defenders for the local market was discussed and shelved more than 6 months ago Iam told.

Once the "new" Defender has been launched this will become the vehicle instead, however as we are in an EPZ I suspect we will be assembling for other markets as well.

Time will tell.

Edited by Spoonman

Submaniac lol... the Wrangler? It's a nice car......

.... for your girlfriend :P

....(or teenage daughter) :)

Since I know you are big into LR, I am going to call bias on this one! :P

:) That's fair!

I was just jokin' with you in the first place - I know you're a cool dude submaniac, we've hit the bar together in the old days with girlx, RJT, yasx, and thithi - rememba?

Dude, it's the good old days! How could I ever forget! :D;)

Submaniac lol... the Wrangler? It's a nice car......

.... for your girlfriend :P

....(or teenage daughter) :)

Since I know you are big into LR, I am going to call bias on this one! :P

:) That's fair!

I was just jokin' with you in the first place - I know you're a cool dude submaniac, we've hit the bar together in the old days with girlx, RJT, yasx, and thithi - rememba?

Dude, it's the good old days! How could I ever forget! :D;)

We should not dwell on the past. I know you all miss me.! Illbe back in bangkok this month and ill have lots of time to stop googgling myself!!!! =(