Uk Prescription Medicines

traveller57

hi all.im coming to thailand in jan 06,staying in pattaya for maybe a week before touring the islands.

will i have any trouble bringing my prescribed sleeping tablets zopiclone and also Temgesic pain killers?id hate to get there then find out theyre against Thai law or something.

many thanks,dave :o

Get a note from your Doctor describing your condition and the need for the medication, declare the medicine at customs.

I had to bring some into LOS and declared them, the guy had a look at the pill container and when I went to show him the letter he lost interest and waved me thru.

If you look on the main UK Thai embassy website they have a list of prohibited drugs. As Bronco said as long as you get a letter from your doctor and make sure you keep tablets in there original boxes you should be ok. Most medications are available over the counter in Thailand and pharmacists normally speak very good english. Tablets can be quite expensive so try not to loose any!

Hope that helps

Edited by daveb1

thanks for the reply bronco.

ive just got one more question on this subject and that is what if i lost my tablets over there?

would i be able to get them replaced and if so, where?.can you buy things like those over the counter?.thanks again,dave

If you lost your tablets, just got to a clinic, they are everywhere. Chemists have recently stopped selling sleeping tablets. It is going the other way that you may get problems. As someone else said get a letter from your doctor. You don't usually need it as long as you keep the medicine in the bottle with the name of the rug and your name on the bottle. You should split the medicine in two, one boottle in your suitcase and one somewhere else. That way even if you lose one, you are ok.