So Many Decaying Housing Estates.

Richb2004v2

Judging by the complete and utter lack of class displayed by those who brag about financial assets - I can only assume that there are posters on here who has misplaced their push-up brah and skin tight hot-pants by which they usually drive their point across ...

relax! nobody blames you that you bragged about any financial assets. i am also not aware that there was any talk of financial assets in this thread. the only thing you bragged about (in another thread) is that you pay several hundred thousand Baht Thai income tax every month.

that of course proves without any doubt that you possess class... which i don't possess because i don't pay a single Satang income tax.

:whistling:

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging by the complete and utter lack of class displayed by those who brag about financial assets - I can only assume that there are posters on here who has misplaced their push-up brah and skin tight hot-pants by which they usually drive their point across ...

relax! nobody blames you that you bragged about any financial assets. i am also not aware that there was any talk of financial assets in this thread. the only thing you bragged about (in another thread) is that you pay several hundred thousand Baht Thai income tax every month.

that of course proves without any doubt that you possess class... which i don't possess because i don't pay a single Satang income tax.

When one has more money than sense, one generally prefers to brag about one's income rather than one's assets, as fools and funds diverge

SC

i don't pay a single Satang income tax.

No shit Sherlock, most companies (including mine) spend a fortune getting rid of people like you - paying someone to stick around...I dont think so.

:lol:

post-98752-0-92260600-1309346455_thumb.j

Edited by Forethat

Don't get me wrong there are plenty of nice single houses on estates but there are no estates with consistently nice houses throughout that are older than 5 years.

we started building 6 years ago and live since 5 years in a gated community where the first homes were built more than 10 years ago. there's no decay, no unkempt gardens, no homes which need paint.

most probably you are looking at "estates" clustered with shacks and huts with 120-150m² living area, built on 80-100 Wah² lots. take a look at "estates" where the minimum lot size is one Rai and the "small" homes have living areas starting at 500m² and then repeat your claim.

Even better buy 10 rai stick your house in the middle and employ maid and gardener...............by far the best way IMO :whistling:

Though Naam certainly does not need anyone to defend him, it looks to me like many posters here can hardly control their vitriol. Consider it - he’s not even an American! Come on, guys!

And Naam, I’ll take you up on your Iranian oriental rug challenge. I’ll bet you a large Heineken that you have had pork fried rice sometime during the past week.

Walt

I’ll bet you a large Heineken that you have had pork fried rice sometime during the past week.

bring on the Heineken, you are close but you lost. i do eat fried rice once a month when i go for a pedicure to the beach. but like last week it's always "flied lie pla muk" (ปลาหมึก), never pork.

Even better buy 10 rai stick your house in the middle and employ maid and gardener...............by far the best way IMO :whistling:

BINGO! once i was dreaming of 20+ rai, a lot of animals and perhaps even a tractor. unfortunately my dream did not come true.

No shit Sherlock, most companies (including mine) spend a fortune getting rid of people like you - paying someone to stick around...I dont think so.

if "your" company is that generous how come people like you complain that they can't afford a BMW but have to drive an SUV and then whine on Thaivisa ("who will pay for the removal?") after some sprinkler system caused spots on it?

based on my experience people who pay "several hundred thousand Baht a month" income tax enjoy perks which include a company car plus driver in the range of a "7" or an "S-Class".

p.s. you are not really a worthy adversary to bother with but it's still fun to tread on your toes when you deserve it.

if "your" company is that generous how come people like you complain that they can't afford a BMW but have to drive an SUV and then whine on Thaivisa ("who will pay for the removal?") after some sprinkler system caused spots on it?

based on my experience people who pay "several hundred thousand Baht a month" income tax enjoy perks which include a company car plus driver in the range of a "7" or an "S-Class".

p.s. you are not really a worthy adversary to bother with but it's still fun to tread on your toes when you deserve it.

Oh dear. That generic post regarding the complete lack of taste amongst braggarts really hurt, huh?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/braggart

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/braggart

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/braggart

http://www.answers.com/topic/braggart

http://dictionary.sensagent.com/braggart/en-en/

http://www.yourdictionary.com/braggart

http://www.realdictionary.com/?q=braggart

http://www.definition-of.net/braggart

http://dictionary.reverso.net/english-definition/braggart

http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/braggart

My favorite, it comes with biling....triling.....multilingual translations. Even your gardener should be able to find one he can manage:

http://www.dictionarist.com/braggart

:D

post-98752-0-05679500-1309397278_thumb.j

Oh dear. That generic post regarding the complete lack of taste amongst braggarts really hurt, huh?

for me it is quite a surprise that some persons are able to present themselves as complete ignorami but it does not hurt them at all. :ermm:

I live in a small "community" it was the first built and the company is up to #6 in the area, mine is well maintained always someone taking care of the communal pool and general "soi" maintenance, I see 2 ladies every morning sweeping the soi from dog shit and such, garbage is collected every 2 days.

Had a mate over a few weeks ago, he borrowed my pickup, the security would not let him out he gate until I gave the thumbs up.

try traditional thai villages where many houses are built of wood A lot of houses are poorly maintained but they look a lot better because they are surrounded by semi jungle. Our house is probably one of best maintained in the village but we spend around 100,000 baht a year keeping it in good condition. Nearby small houses with no maintenance or almost none still look ok because they are set amongst nature and have evolved and blended into the surroundings. I decided never to touch a new moo barn home 15 years ago and although we have to fight the termites and encroaching nature never regreted it. And weve never had any problems about security. Our neighbours are normal Thais and tolerate me and are kind to our children. Shame being in deep red country they are all total 100% Taksin fanatics.

Prices in thailand are stupid and i dont understand why people even accept to overpay so much.

all house between 12-20million baht, 5mins from montreal, canada one of the nicest city in the world and i think the city with the most restaurant per person in the world. right next to a regional park with hundred of km's of bike/walk/cross country ski trails, that also extend to every major street in the city and surrounding cities. Right next to a top notch hospital. No traffic, no noise, no crappy skycrappers.

http://www.remax-que...fromsearch=true

http://www.remax-que...fromsearch=true <- this one is 20mil. would be 100mil in thailand. It's basically on the main street in the old town, right next to local music park, old chapel, old style pubs and high class restaurants.. all festivals are there.

All of them have insanely nice construction standards.

You can buy older nice wood houses here in a Thai village which just needs a bit of upgrading and have a fantastic home for much less than 2-3 million baht. Ive also seen friends buy new houses in modern estates for 5-10 million and watched as they see their estates deteriorate into typical thai shabbiness. A real problem is most forang do not understand that here apart from a few exceptions houses fall in value rapidly and very few thais want to buy a second hand house. I know thais who have bought quite acceptable wood older homes for less than 1 million baht and some that live in small local homes costing 400,000 baht or less. I also know forang who have beautiful homes set in 1-3 rai costing over 20 million which would cost them 100 million or so back home. If you cant afford the top end better go for a nice wood house in a typical thai village. You wont get 4 bathrooms and rest but you will a have a perfectly nice home. Avoid large moo barns with their bad homes like plague even ones costing over 10 million baht.

There are some fantastic houses there, that look well worth the money, and at comparable prices to the badly built efforts offered in Thailand. I doubt there are any houses in Thailand as well built and as high quality as those. I doubt there are any tin shed estates close by either, or bunches of cables hanging along the road.

You can buy older nice wood houses here in a Thai village which just needs a bit of upgrading and have a fantastic home for much less than 2-3 million baht. Ive also seen friends buy new houses in modern estates for 5-10 million and watched as they see their estates deteriorate into typical thai shabbiness. A real problem is most forang do not understand that here apart from a few exceptions houses fall in value rapidly and very few thais want to buy a second hand house. I know thais who have bought quite acceptable wood older homes for less than 1 million baht and some that live in small local homes costing 400,000 baht or less. I also know forang who have beautiful homes set in 1-3 rai costing over 20 million which would cost them 100 million or so back home. If you cant afford the top end better go for a nice wood house in a typical thai village. You wont get 4 bathrooms and rest but you will a have a perfectly nice home. Avoid large moo barns with their bad homes like plague even ones costing over 10 million baht.

I live in a small "community" it was the first built and the company is up to #6 in the area, mine is well maintained always someone taking care of the communal pool and general "soi" maintenance, I see 2 ladies every morning sweeping the soi from dog shit and such, garbage is collected every 2 days.

Had a mate over a few weeks ago, he borrowed my pickup, the security would not let him out he gate until I gave the thumbs up.

try traditional thai villages where many houses are built of wood A lot of houses are poorly maintained but they look a lot better because they are surrounded by semi jungle. Our house is probably one of best maintained in the village but we spend around 100,000 baht a year keeping it in good condition. Nearby small houses with no maintenance or almost none still look ok because they are set amongst nature and have evolved and blended into the surroundings. I decided never to touch a new moo barn home 15 years ago and although we have to fight the termites and encroaching nature never regreted it. And weve never had any problems about security. Our neighbours are normal Thais and tolerate me and are kind to our children. Shame being in deep red country they are all total 100% Taksin fanatics.

If you read my earlier posts you'll see that I have visited a huge number of Moo Baans in the Bangkok area and not a single one has been flawless. It usually looks nice from the outside (and many times it IS nice, clean and well maintained), but without exception we have viewed houses in each and every place that were in serious need of maintenance.

Obviously (and not surprisingly) it is only in Naams place where ever single house is well maintained (but of course...), everybody who' read more than 10 posts from Naam understands that.. :D

Just reading about the price range you are talking about. Where is this ?

I knoe everywhere is different but we are in the suburbs of BKK in a nice two bedroom house on a good estate and it's only 5000 baht a month. For the prices you are talking about you could be somewhere really nice. Places that are older than five years too. Maybe you should think about moving !

You dont seem to realize that what you are paying per month would rent about a hanger's closet worth of space in the houses he looked at?

so what we have a very nice house in our thai village with a nice 1/2 rai garden well maintained for rent at 5,000 baht. Id live in it quite happily and my last home in USA was sold for 4 million US$. SOme of you people just talk crap

BINGO! once i was dreaming of 20+ rai, a lot of animals and perhaps even a tractor. unfortunately my dream did not come true.

And contrary to the belief it need cost a fotune we got 10 Rai in Sam Roi Yot for just 800000 baht (eight hundred thousand) it did take a year of haggling but who lets a little fun n games get in the way? Includes electric water and a mettled road on the side of a small hill which back onto national park and is Nor Sor Sam Gor.

If you read my earlier posts you'll see that I have visited a huge number of Moo Baans in the Bangkok area and not a single one has been flawless. It usually looks nice from the outside (and many times it IS nice, clean and well maintained), but without exception we have viewed houses in each and every place that were in serious need of maintenance.

Obviously (and not surprisingly) it is only in Naams place where ever single house is well maintained (but of course...), everybody who' read more than 10 posts from Naam understands that.. :D

exactly you have visited the gated ghettos not traditional old thai villages In the village I live in their is no maintenance charge The government gives 1 million baht for upkeep a year all houses use well water i have 5 air con a pool. You are visiting wrong places. Look at places normal Thais live rich and poor. Only forangs their wives and hisos buy houses in places you visit and thais who buy have so much money they just buy for show. We have many rich thais here and many poor. Houses range in price with land from 200,000 baht to over 20 million and most look ok being mostly wood houses

for me it is quite a surprise that some persons are able to present themselves as complete ignorami but it does not hurt them at all. :ermm:

Contrary to to yourself, I'm not surprised at all - what else would you expect from someone who claims that a bilingu...trilingu...mulitilingual gardener can lower the price of a BMW in Thailand with 40% and continues to claim it is true (with regards to ignorami) ...

The funny thing is that I had a discussion at the office about TV the other week and the poster "Naam" came up. I'm not going to bore you with the obvious, but lets just say that nothing beats a good laugh around the coffee table...

Was it Oscar Wilde who said:Never mind if people talk bad about me .The important thing is they talk about me.

Just reading about the price range you are talking about. Where is this ?

I knoe everywhere is different but we are in the suburbs of BKK in a nice two bedroom house on a good estate and it's only 5000 baht a month. For the prices you are talking about you could be somewhere really nice. Places that are older than five years too. Maybe you should think about moving !

You dont seem to realize that what you are paying per month would rent about a hanger's closet worth of space in the houses he looked at?

So what, How many bedrooms do you need. There are only four of us. We're happy. Our vilage has a swimming pool , tennis courts , exercise area and play areas. we speak to our neighbours and it is very quiet.

depends what you want I suppose.

It simply means that a nice two bedroomhouse for you, is a dirty hole for other people even if they lower their standards very very low. You can't compare a protons with a brand new bmw series 5, you also cant compare 5000baht cheaply furnished 2br house, with 1 million $ us homes. or even 3mil baht+ houses.

Who the fuc_k do you think you are. You supposedly know so much about my house. I just said the price and all of a sudden it is a dirty hole. Get off your snobbery trip. We bought our own furniture as well, it's all good stuff. The floor gets mopped about four times a day. We have two children. You think we live in shit just bec ause we pay 5000 baht a month to live in a nice village with a swimming pool, tennis courts etc.

exactly you have visited the gated ghettos not traditional old thai villages In the village I live in their is no maintenance charge The government gives 1 million baht for upkeep a year all houses use well water i have 5 air con a pool. You are visiting wrong places. Look at places normal Thais live rich and poor. Only forangs their wives and hisos buy houses in places you visit and thais who buy have so much money they just buy for show. We have many rich thais here and many poor. Houses range in price with land from 200,000 baht to over 20 million and most look ok being mostly wood houses

That seems strange. You are saying that the Thais that have possibly modernized and moved into modern gated communities are less considerate of their surroundings and dirtier than those who in many cases are poorer and maybe less educated but chose to stay in the village. I'm not saying it's not true but it doesn't make sense to me. It's like those who make out that Pattaya is a mess because of ferang, even though it's still 95% Thai.

When ever I see 'normal' Thai places they are sadly often utter sh_t tips.

I thought that you didn't leave your house. How do you know? Have you just looked out of the window? :D

you thought? :whistling:

did you find any interesting decaying housing estates lately? how's the dog shit nowadays in your soi? and what about the other zillion shortcomings of Thailand you hate? :huh:

The funny thing is that I had a discussion at the office about TV the other week and the poster "Naam" came up.

ts... ts... ts... where you again complaining that you can't afford a BMW but bloody Naam can? :o

I just HAVE to give you this. Enjoy and PLEASE try not to take it too personally. Seriously.

I thought that you didn't leave your house. How do you know? Have you just looked out of the window? :D

did you find any interesting decaying housing estates lately? how's the dog shit nowadays in your soi? and what about the other zillion shortcomings of Thailand you hate? :huh:

I thought it because you said it. In one of your attempts to convince us that you live in a different Thailand to everyone else you said you spend all your time inside your hi-so castle without need to venture outside.

Thanks for asking about the many shortcomings of Thailand. They are all still there. Well, everywhere other than outside your window, in your special part of Pattaya.

I thought it because you said it. In one of your attempts to convince us that you live in a different Thailand to everyone else you said you spend all your time inside your hi-so castle without need to venture outside.

Thanks for asking about the many shortcomings of Thailand. They are all still there. Well, everywhere other than outside your window, in your special part of Pattaya.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I have seen quite a lot of well-maintained moo bans.

It just depends where you look and what you are supposed to pay.

why argue with people who live in dumps, can't afford anything else and therefore look at dumps where they can afford to rent till "the renter of their house in UK vacates it.." and they can move to the glory land again?

it is quite understandable that frustration causes threads which deal with certain shortcomings in/of Thailand. but statements such as "all houses over two years of age are decaying" and "all moo bans in Thailand bla-bla-bla..." are nothing but ridiculous. if confronted and asked how many moo bans these experts visited they will dodge and try to divert from the topic using irrelevant attacks.

why argue with people who live in dumps, can't afford anything else and therefore look at dumps where they can afford to rent till "the renter of their house in UK vacates it.." and they can move to the glory land again?

it is quite understandable that frustration causes threads which deal with certain shortcomings in/of Thailand. but statements such as "all houses over two years of age are decaying" and "all moo bans in Thailand bla-bla-bla..." are nothing but ridiculous. if confronted and asked how many moo bans these experts visited they will dodge and try to divert from the topic using irrelevant attacks.

And just when you thought the level of self-humiliation couldn't reach any further...

The above should be seen in relation to the sad fact that Naam has posted pictures of his own house here on TV - better opportunity to rip him a new butt-hole I may never get (said with regards to what he can afford or not), but out of respect for his family and friends I have opted not to.

Foreskin,

let the ripping begin; but don't forget to post some pics of your place on village farang's nice thread. You are a pain in the...

The concept of maintainance does not exist here. Pure and simple.

They just let stuff rot and break. That is the way here.

Same as with cars. That's why you see so many second hand cars for sale. They ALL need work.

They rather spend 4 mil up on a new car than maintain them.

The concept of maintainance does not exist here. Pure and simple. = Wrong.

They just let stuff rot and break. That is the way here. = Wrong again.

Same as with cars. That's why you see so many second hand cars for sale. They ALL need work. = Wrong again.

They rather spend 4 mil up on a new car than maintain them. And guess what, wrong again.

It's like saying ALL Farangs are bigoted a-holes who think they are doing Thailand a huge favor by living here, whilst that tag fits many, its certainly not all.smile.gif

You've obviously never been to Pattaya! Nothing publicly owned gets fixed there. The infrastructure is just decaying away. Every year things just get more and more broken and decrepit. Only places like Central and Royal Garden Mall are maintained. Even the apartment block I lived in hadn't been maintained properly.

Bangkok isn't much better. Sukhumvit, which should be the pride of the place is a derelict eyesore.

Samet is a crime against nature.

Hua Hin is an encroached eyesore, and don't get me started about Phi Phi or Phuket.

The post seems pretty RIGHT to me.

And just when you thought the level of self-humiliation couldn't reach any further...

The above should be seen in relation to the sad fact that Naam has posted pictures of his own house here on TV - better opportunity to rip him a new butt-hole I may never get (said with regards to what he can afford or not), but out of respect for his family and friends I have opted not to.

Foreskin,

let the ripping begin; but don't forget to post some pics of your place on village farang's nice thread. You are a pain in the...

Every now and then you encounter an individual with a compulsive desire to inform everyone as to just how much they own and has earned financially.

Even though I'm not a psychiatrist, it must be considered normal adult ability to understand why these mentally weak persons do this. The primary reason is a simple matter of self-esteem. I'd argue that most braggarts can be clumped in this category; insecure in their ideas, opinions and how they are perceived by others, they decide to support these insecurities by bringing notice to all of their achievements, earnings, and possessions to act as a testimonial to their intelligence. After all, no idiot can own as much as they do – if anything they all live in "dumps" and cant "afford" a BMW.

The other reason would be to simply attract a mate, and keeping in mind that the typical TV poster tends to be an overweight middle aged man we have a more evolutionary defect as an option regarding certain members and the purpose of their bragging.

Edited by Forethat

I live just outside Bangkok in a residential neighborhood built about 30 years (and, in some cases, longer) ago. It's a mix of 15k to 60k/month rental housing and, if you buy, 7mil to the stratosphere. On either side of me is an empty rental house. One kept in immaculate condition and the other just a bit overgrown. People, and they are all Thai but for me, are always painting, mowing, trimming hedges, sweeping up, and doing minor repairs. Except for the woman with 8 or 9 dogs catacorner from me, it's just about perfection. Things are better kept up than the nighborhood I lived in back in the U.S. The only blemish is the ugly communications transmitter tower about 1 km away, which sort of mars the view from the varanda.

Edited by zydeco