Thai National Starting A Company

Hi,

My wife would like to start a company here in Thailand, she is Thai and we were looking for a good source of advice or a guideline that we can follow to ensure a smooth (cost effective) start up. I do not want to me part of the start up as a presume that any foreign person envolved makes the whole arrangement much harder.

Any advice would be great.

Thank you.

This should help: Check out the website of the Department of Business Development and go to การจดทะเบียนธุรกิจ:

http://www.dbd.go.th...index.php?id=40

It shows you the different types of companies (Co., Ltd. / Ltd Part. etc) and what documents you need to register. They even offer flowcharts.

That said, we employed a lawyer / tax accountant for a small fee.

Reason for edit: Typo.

Edited by tombkk

• 1 month later...

TomBKK - perfect, thank you.

Adam

A good decision not to be directly involved in setting up the ALL thai business - you avoid the inspection that a Foreigner is subjected to. Also there are no capitalisation requires for employinga foreigner - such as yourself - if it is a 100% Thai company.

This should help: Check out the website of the Department of Business Development and go to การจดทะเบียนธุรกิจ:

http://www.dbd.go.th...index.php?id=40

It shows you the different types of companies (Co., Ltd. / Ltd Part. etc) and what documents you need to register. They even offer flowcharts.

That said, we employed a lawyer / tax accountant for a small fee.

Reason for edit: Typo.

excellent link, thanks a lot! I like this one especially: Businesses that need registration:

(8) Trading the products or services by electronics via internet system, internet service, renting the areas for server, being the market for sale of products or services by electronics via internet system

...this does certainly also include those freelancing e-bay sellers...so it is not just working without a WP, it is also running a business without registration...cool.gif

• 3 months later...

Thai can start small businesses very easy. I don't know if it's the official name, but many thai call it "MamaPapa" company.

There are some limits concerning when they can be used, but functions in many small company cases.

If I have been told corect - Can have profit up to 150 000 baht per year (plus there are some possibile additionals) WITHOUT paying any income tax (just a small fee per year).

Is registrated fast and localy,

no need of lawyer

and cost (almost) nothing to register.

(I don't live in Thailand yet. A year ago I planed to employ a thai student for some extra work (programming), but we found out it was both easier and with less cost he start a such company, and he got it ready within 3 days including check where and how to do it. He just started at the local Amphur office and spoke with some tax office.)

• 1 month later...

had posted this in the sunblet area.. however informed no one can reply .. so will add to this post as its relavent

Hi All.

My wife (thai national) wishs to take a buisness she has be doing to the next level as she in the future may wish to seek bank funding.

so she wants to create a limited company.

prices for this service seem to vay wildly from company to company and i've also been told its quite easy for her to regsiter a company without the use of a laywer of firm doing it for her.

Does anyone have any experience's from DIY company formation ? or know someone who does it cheap for thai people

a company has quoted her 15k bt all in inclusive of there fees.. and from my research it seems the only fees involved maybee either 5000 or 6500bt paid direct to the goverment for share registration(1m bt company) .. not sure that is required though for thai only companies .. so if that is right there nearly 10k in there of legal fees for the person doing the registration .. hence she would like to look at doign it herself to save money