Foam For Mattress ?

Pond Life

Does anyone know the location of any shops that sell foam cut to size ?.

I need to make a non standard size mattress, I remember seeing loads of places in Phuket, but havnt noticed any in Chiang Mai on my infrequent visits.

Somewhere near the super highway to the north of town would be best for me but anywhere in a pinch.

Ta

Head down Chiangmoi Road towards Warawot Market and turn right at the last turning before the river road. Head down there towards the rear of the small Chinese temple and you'll fine several shops selling foam rubber from 25mm up to150mm . I bought some 80mm foam for some seat cushions a while back......

Edited by Maejo Man

There are many places in that area. If you turn into the market opposite Mae Kasem's store, you will find a couple of places that will make a proper mattress, with springs etc., to order and to the size you specify.

• 4 weeks later...
Head down Chiangmoi Road towards Warawot Market and turn right at the last turning before the river road. Head down there towards the rear of the small Chinese temple and you'll fine several shops selling foam rubber from 25mm up to150mm . I bought some 80mm foam for some seat cushions a while back......

Do you mean in the direction of the one-way road going south after turning right, MjM, (where all the sawngthaews are) or the small road running parallel to that one back towards Chiang Mai sort of opposite Bangkok Bank? I was there last week - down the second road - and the shops near the Chinese temple could only offer me something like 50mm foam in 2-metre lengths. I need about 100mm foam in 2-metre X 1-metre lengths, or 1 X 1 even better. I was near what looked like the front of a Chinese temple...hmmm :o

Do you mean in the direction of the one-way road going south after turning right, MjM, (where all the sawngthaews are) or the small road running parallel to that one back towards Chiang Mai sort of opposite Bangkok Bank? I was there last week - down the second road - and the shops near the Chinese temple could only offer me something like 50mm foam in 2-metre lengths. I need about 100mm foam in 2-metre X 1-metre lengths, or 1 X 1 even better. I was near what looked like the front of a Chinese temple...hmmm :o

There are many palces around CM selling 100mm but if you have trouble finding one (??????) try glueing two 50mm sheets together with rubber cement. Furniture factories use this method to make up various thicknesses and combining different densities