Food Stalls Outside House. Chicken, Noodle Etc. Information Wanted.

Where can I get information regarding a Franchise for a food stall such as Noodles or Chicken? The type of stall you see outside many shops.

I am looking at what the cost of a franchise is and the set up costs. Or would it be better to 'Do It Yourself?' The stall itself would be outside the house so no rent to pay.

I have tried searching the forum but cannot seem to find any information.

As long as a Thai will be running it, just start it up your self and if anybody official comes along, just agree on a donation every month, job done.

Donation for what???................

All the stalls on nearly every soi, have to pay inspectors a donation or whatever you may call it, I befriended a Thai man who had a desert stall on Ramkhamhaeng Rd, and he explained briefly how it works, you can sell food or goods on the pavement only if you pay them a monthly fee and this applies to any street, if not the inspectors he said there will be a policeman that takes care of that area that would want to be paid, he said its a nightmare sometimes, because sometimes two people claim that area and he has to pay twice!

You are considering setting up a food stand "outside the house" as you said, its not your property and someone will eventually claim ownership and you will have to pay, it might not be much, depends on your haggling skills.

If its completly on your land, then thats different, you cannot be seen to work there, or have any involvement in the business and you may get away without paying anything. But a neighbour could complain if there is any extra noise, smell or rubbish etc etc, and then you could have to pay aswell.

Edited by colinthailand20005

As long as a Thai will be running it, just start it up your self and if anybody official comes along, just agree on a donation every month, job done.

Donation for what???................

widows and orphans.

All the stalls on nearly every soi, have to pay inspectors a donation or whatever you may call it, I befriended a Thai man who had a desert stall on Ramkhamhaeng Rd, and he explained briefly how it works, you can sell food or goods on the pavement only if you pay them a monthly fee and this applies to any street, if not the inspectors he said there will be a policeman that takes care of that area that would want to be paid, he said its a nightmare sometimes, because sometimes two people claim that area and he has to pay twice!

You are considering setting up a food stand "outside the house" as you said, its not your property and someone will eventually claim ownership and you will have to pay, it might not be much, depends on your haggling skills.

If its completly on your land, then thats different, you cannot be seen to work there, or have any involvement in the business and you may get away without paying anything. But a neighbour could complain if there is any extra noise, smell or rubbish etc etc, and then you could have to pay aswell.

Interesting post.

I personally would not be running the stall so no problems in that respect.

There is a strip of land outside the house that actually belongs to the house itself and the stall could be operated from there, so no real worries about having to pay people. Luckily there is also a garage fronting onto the street that could be used for some purpose too.

With a big school nearby, shops and also other stalls it is a thriving community and could be a viable prospect. I'll look into the idea some more.

Interesting post.

There is a strip of land outside the house that actually belongs to the house itself and the stall could be operated from there, so no real worries about having to pay people. Luckily there is also a garage fronting onto the street that could be used for some purpose too.

With a big school nearby, shops and also other stalls it is a thriving community and could be a viable prospect. I'll look into the idea some more.

Make sure whoever runs this food stall has evidence that this land belongs to the house, and they have to be a smart talker, to whoever if anyone comes by and checks.

Interesting post.

Make sure whoever runs this food stall has evidence that this land belongs to the house, and they have to be a smart talker, to whoever if anyone comes by and checks.

The father's house and land. Now empty. But I appreciate the comment :)