Abhisit Ready For Political Debate With Yingluck

Lite Beer

I didn't get to watch much of it. (I do have to work sometimes and we had a marketing staff meeting that I had to oversee at the time.) The brief parts I saw showed Abhisit to be a very polite speaker. It would have been nice had he actually come across a bit more directly, that may be the main problem with the Dem campaign. They play too nice, and by older Thai standards when they should go for the throat on occasion.

It seems civilized is a no sale.What when you are accustomed to violent canvassers and ant-canvassers and the like, civilized talk on the points of the day might seem wimpy, especially if you can't follow the train of thought much of the time.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get to watch much of it. (I do have to work sometimes and we had a marketing staff meeting that I had to oversee at the time.) The brief parts I saw showed Abhisit to be a very polite speaker. It would have been nice had he actually come across a bit more directly, that may be the main problem with the Dem campaign. They play too nice, and by older Thai standards when they should go for the throat on occasion.

It seems civilized is a no sale.What when you are accustomed to violent canvassers and ant-canvassers and the like, civilized talk on the points of the day might seem wimpy, especially if you can't follow the train of thought much of the time.

Spent the last hour speaking with a few professors (Thai) and nurses (Thai) about politics etc ... they really don't understand that in the West most of their politicians would be in jail. They know they should be! They just don't get how we do it!

Spent the last hour speaking with a few professors (Thai) and nurses (Thai) about politics etc ... they really don't understand that in the West most of their politicians would be in jail. They know they should be! They just don't get how we do it!

Which is why getting Thaksin into jail would be a huge step forward in this country's progress. Showing the people that even the one time richest man and former PM is not above the law could make them start thinking about the way other politicians, local leaders and other power abusers act, and how to react to them.

I like how the world-wide-sent image of Yongyuth perfectly encapsulates a man who has quit his job five times... doesn't want to be there... and wonders why the person that should be there, isn't there...

1-0-2e.jpg

Edited by Buchholz

He's doing the Hokey Cokey.

That one necessitated a Google assist, but ah yes, we know it as the Hokey Pokey, and yes.... he certainly shows his dedication to the Party by always having an open-ended departure boarding pass.

'Hokey Pokey' is surely a sort of early-version iced-cream or frozen-custard commestible or dessert, whereas the 'Hokey Cokey' is a fairly-embarrassing early line-dance, somewhat akin to the 'Lambeth Walk' (Hoy !) traditionally performed with one's relatives or neighbours, dahn the East-End (of London) ? ! :rolleyes:

And to think, that many people say, that they find Morris-Dancing odd ! :o:D

Perhaps Khun Yongyuth is in need of a reviving serving of Hokey-Pokey, as he appears in this photograph to be too frail & old, for the Hokey-Cokey ? B)

Which is why getting Thaksin into jail would be a huge step forward in this country's progress. Showing the people that even the one time richest man and former PM is not above the law could make them start thinking about the way other politicians, local leaders and other power abusers act, and how to react to them.

Exactly;

One big step for Thailand.

One giant step for Thai Society.

On giant leap into purgatory for that Kuhn T.

Edited by animatic

He's doing the Hokey Cokey.

That one necessitated a Google assist, but ah yes, we know it as the Hokey Pokey, and yes.... he certainly shows his dedication to the Party by always having an open-ended departure boarding pass.

'Hokey Pokey' is surely a sort of early-version iced-cream or frozen-custard commestible or dessert, whereas the 'Hokey Cokey' is a fairly-embarrassing early line-dance

Indeed.

Did you know that the chap who wrote it only died a few months ago. There was a little bit of a commotion at the funeral home when they were putting him in to his coffin. They got his left leg in, and then the problems started.

Indeed.

Did you know that the chap who wrote it only died a few months ago. There was a little bit of a commotion at the funeral home when they were putting him in to his coffin. They got his left leg in, and then the problems started.

:clap2:

Isn't it reassuring, that we farangs can still show a sense-of-humour, even in these worrying times ? I love TV. :P