ManU In Decline?

Bredbury Blue

We are not a good cup team no more, but in the league we go marching on, we need some new midfielders and this thread can be put to bed for a few more years.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So everybody keeps saying biggrin.png

"Everybody" is also very unlikely to be wrong. Your winning era will come to an end when RedNose calls it a day just as Liverpools era came to an end.

When Ferguson goes it'll be a straight spending match between sheiks and oligarch's with a couple of other teams run on budgets attempting to give them a run for their money and ultimately failing to do so. Sums up the direction football has gone, but it won't change. Chequebook trophies

Edited by carmine

When Ferguson goes it'll be a straight spending match between sheiks and oligarch's with a couple of other teams run on budgets attempting to give them a run for their money and ultimately failing to do so. Sums up the direction football has gone, but it won't change. Chequebook trophies

In previous seasons I would agree but FFP should put a slow down to that. If the mega rich owners haven't spent a couple of seasons ago already, I think it's too late now.

• 3 weeks later...

It might be difficult but we've had plenty of practice and been quite successful over the years. The first time was in 1956/7, but in the life of the premiership we've repeated the feat no less than six more times, in 93/4, 96/7, 99/00, 00/1, 07/8 and 08/9, and includes winning the title three times in a row on two occasionswai2.gif .

Liverpool have defended their league wins on five occasions, which included one 'three in a row', while Chelsea also managed to defend their's in 05/6, but last years champions have never managed it in the whole history of the club. Of course they've only won the league three times (in total, not in a row) so they haven't had much practice at defending it have theywhistling.gif .

Edited by sumrit

Look in other leagues (Italy, Germany, Spain).

Lot of top clubs in the mentioned countries have clubs which have changed managers again and again over the years, but still remained as top notch clubs.

By the way,

quite entertaining to read some of the first posts in this thread, or any other long lasting threads first posts.

I'm farting with happiness today....

This thread was started by some Cheshire based 'City Fan' years ago and we're champs AGAIN!! hahahaha....some decline eh????

I believe some Heavy Drinking would be quite ok today.

burp.gif

Yep. The most difficult thing to do is to defend the title. Therefore, they will definately finish lower than this season and so will be in decline.

Not when the also rans are so inferior

16 points + GD above City

21 points + GD above Arsenal

22 Points + GD above Chelsea

23 Points + GD above Spurs

It's going to be really tough. wink.png

I just had a look at the biggest difference between first and second is 18 pts in the pl. Man U over Arsenal in the 99-00 season. Not impossible to break the record is it?

Not impossible mate, but they'll probably send the best players on holiday and give the others a run out.

It's all over now bar the shouting, so might as well give the rest of the squad an outing.

Next year it won't be Man U in decline, it will be how on earth can the other runners up their game to challenge them?

To be honest, if anyone is going to challenge them next season, I think Chelsea with a new manager and probably a few acquisitions would seem the likely candidates.

Time to close this thread thanks B.J.

thumbsup.gif .wai2.gif .thumbsup.gif ,

Nope, sorry ken. Not my call. It's still active and the op hasn't asked it to be. People should stop posting in it if they want it drop off into oblivion. thumbsup.gif

No point in closing it as I would just start another one! :-)

Time to close this thread thanks B.J.

thumbsup.gif .wai2.gif .thumbsup.gif ,

Nope, sorry ken. Not my call. It's still active and the op hasn't asked it to be. People should stop posting in it if they want it drop off into oblivion. thumbsup.gif

No point in closing it as I would just start another one! :-)

biggrin.png

And for that reason as well.

Don't worry you have got one too now biggrin.png

Yeah, seen it. The only problem is that we were stuck in decline for years and are now on the up. You haven't a clue as to the lowest depths we have been not long ago and so we are extremely happy at the way things are panning out at the moment. You lot (especially when red nose retires) are only going one way and that is in decline.

Don't worry you have got one too now biggrin.png

Yeah, seen it. The only problem is that we were stuck in decline for years and are now on the up. You haven't a clue as to the lowest depths we have been not long ago and so we are extremely happy at the way things are panning out at the moment. You lot (especially when red nose retires) are only going one way and that is in decline.

Strange that one...on the day we took our trophy back from your team,biggrin.png

I just spoke to my lad who's a Blue and I just laughed until I followed through....

I think it's a very good bet your lad has much more class than you biggrin.png

I doubt that and, I doubt he can view so many trophies in the cabinet either...... Unless the Legion had a darts run in the 80's maybe, and the 90's too.. ;)

redrus

I just spoke to my lad who's a Blue and I just laughed until I followed through....

I think it's a very good bet your lad has much more class than you biggrin.png

I doubt that and, I doubt he can view so many trophies in the cabinet either...... Unless the Legion had a darts run in the 80's maybe, and the 90's too.. wink.png

I was talking about the bit where HD mentioned that he laughed until he "followed through". Or do you consider that to be class?