Five Mcdonalds Restaurants At Cm

iainiain101

Hey Ulysses. Do the libs object to Central Dept store moving in to their peaceful metropolis?

I bet it's loaded with fast food (junk food to libe) bakeries & ice cream shops. Pizza O MFG not here in Thailand. Fried Chicken !!! all Geo Bush's fault.

Libs kids eat white rice with fish sauce on it. Velly healthy.

Mister Donut?

Mister Donut, where? This must have been before Central KSK was built. Was there a Mister Donut before that? At the old Tantraphan Mall perhaps?

( Other candidates may include the Baskin Robbins at the old Chang Inn Plaza at the night bazar, where I think the first KFC opened? And did the Phucome Dunkin Donuts open before Central KSK was built?)

I remember treating my (then) wife and a friend to some ice cream at Baskin Robbins in the mid-80s, '85 or '86. Whether some chain was here earlier than that, I wouldn't know.

/ Priceless

I wonder what would happen if farangs tried writing billboards in Thai without asking anyone for help.

I bet it would be a lot worse than Thaiglish, but then again the British are perfect. :rolleyes:

I wonder what would happen if farangs tried writing billboards in Thai without asking anyone for help.

I bet it would be a lot worse than Thaiglish, but then again the British are perfect. :rolleyes:

The point is that most sensible people, regardless of nationality, would first get it checked before committing something to print, billboards or neon.

Would I personally be 100% confident that I could write a natural sounding message in Thai and hit the exact communication spot I was aiming for? No. Would I get a couple Thai people to check before committing it to a 3 storey billboard? Would I F#$k!

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Brits, pretty darn good but not perfect. As for the Welsh, see below;

Swansea Council sent an email to its in-house translations service to have a road sign - 'No entry for heavy goods vehicles. Residential site only' - translated into Welsh.

The only problem was that the Welsh translator wasn't in at the time. An automated email response was sent to council officials who believed it was exactly what they needed.

But in fact it stated: 'I am not in the office at the moment. Send any work to be translated.'

Unaware of the real meaning of the message, authorities had it printed on the road sign under the English.

The joys of attempted bilingualism were also seen in a sign for pedestrians in Cardiff that read ‘Look Right’ in English and ‘Look Left’ in Welsh. Novel form of population growth, at least of the Welsh speaking population.

post-103884-0-11687000-1306382243_thumb.