Automotive Cutting Compound

Maejo Man

It's not often that I am stumped for supliers of anything, but this one has me beaten. Apart from the obvious repair garages that have the stuff in industrial buckets and are not keen on selling me any......Where else? Most car care shops have yards and yards of different polishes , but nothing to cut the paintwork back a little. All suggestions welcome..Thanks

Are you after something like Simoniz rubbing compound? If so, most supermarkets carry it under that or another name.

yes something similar, but done the supermarket route. Read all the Thai blurb , and nothing I have found comes close...sadly. Thanks for the info.

Of all the unlikely places, Home Pro (in the Carrefour complex) carries it. You have to find the area with automotive chemicals etc, which is a small area in the tools section, and there it is, along with touch up paints etc. Or at least it was there a few months ago when I bought some---hope they haven't sold out.

Of all the unlikely places, Home Pro (in the Carrefour complex) carries it. You have to find the area with automotive chemicals etc, which is a small area in the tools section, and there it is, along with touch up paints etc. Or at least it was there a few months ago when I bought some---hope they haven't sold out.

Never thought of looking in that section, and will make a point of checking in in the next couple of days...Many thanks

Got a can of it a couple of years ago at a shop on the road to Doi Saket, on left side, going East past the Super Highway and before the next traffic light (second ring road). Like across the street from the Isuzu dealer but a little farther East, if I recall correctly.

No such luck, had half the staff searching, but to no avail. However, I thought I would take a stroll round the the new Big C Extra while I was there. Lo and behold sitting in the automotive "stuff" section I found Turtle Heavy duty rubbing comound at 395 baht for a tin...That put a smile on my face.

I dropped into the Kafe for a latte later and thought I would try Hog Head's suggestion....the paint shop near the Irish pub...Well they had 2 grades at 55 baht a tin...course and fine , so I go one of each. Thanks to all for the help :)