New Rule For Non-O-Marriage Extensions In Pattaya

Just came back from my annual extension at Pattaya Immigration. For some reason they now require 3 TM7 copies (with photos) (new rule started last week according to the officer). The rest of the paperwork is unchanged with 2 copies required.

I've just extended based on Thai wife in CM and had to provide just the normal 2 sets of paperwork - (TM7, bank letter, copy bank book, wife's ID, house book, marriage cert., all passport, map directions to home) plus photos of us inside and outside house, wife filling in form writing my name, and answering questions how we met, about my parents and siblings, money source and my previous job. We were also photographed for the computer based form that was filled out. The snr. sgt. major that processed us said that all such extensions are now subject to a home visit.

I have the same date of expiry from today's exercise (3rd July) as before and was told to return on 4th July.

I expect them to call before visiting (as they did the first time 6 years ago), but I'm sure they will take the opportunity to speak with whoever is around, asking for directions etc..........

I'm hoping it is more professional and doesn't turn out like 6 years ago, when 500 baht petrol money was requested.......

We are living in a condo, and I don't know my neighbors (always working), but I hope they don't ask the MotoCycle Drivers outside, because my wife had a recent fall out with them :whistling:

But as always thanks

If there is a condo management office or receptionist or security guard in the building, let them know that an immigration officer might stop by to inquire about you because of your application for extension of stay.

they now require 3 TM7 copies (with photos) (new rule started last week)

Thanks Phil for the info, I will be applying for the Extension (1st one) in the next couple of days/weeks. (We are only waiting for my witness to be available to go with us) and by having this info, I know we will be coming prepared for everything they might throw at us.

It may sound like a small detail, but it is annoying when you stand there with 2 inches of paperwork and then they ask you for one extra piece of paper that, granted, you could fill out by hand, but what about the photo for the form. Just easier to have everything there. Saves an extra trip.

I've just extended based on Thai wife in CM and had to provide just the normal 2 sets of paperwork - (TM7, bank letter, copy bank book, wife's ID, house book, marriage cert., all passport, map directions to home) plus photos of us inside and outside house, wife filling in form writing my name, and answering questions how we met, about my parents and siblings, money source and my previous job. We were also photographed for the computer based form that was filled out. The snr. sgt. major that processed us said that all such extensions are now subject to a home visit.

I have the same date of expiry from today's exercise (3rd July) as before and was told to return on 4th July.

On which extension you are on ? First , second , third .

I've been told of housevisits , but have never had a visit in twelve years , perhaps having children make it a guearantee the couple is genuine , I've been told before it does make it easier for officials to decide , gotta go myself again after July 10 , if things get difficult in the future we always can turn to multiple's again .....

I've been told of housevisits , but have never had a visit in twelve years , perhaps having children make it a guearantee the couple is genuine , I've been told before it does make it easier for officials to decide , gotta go myself again after July 10 , if things get difficult in the future we always can turn to multiple's again .....

This is my 6th, but after the first, I changed to non-imm B based on being a volunteer teacher. She was clear according to the wife - every year.

It's obviously not a problem, just additional work and expense for them, which will ultimately come back to us.......

This is my 6th, but after the first, I changed to non-imm B based on being a volunteer teacher. She was clear according to the wife - every year.

It's obviously not a problem, just additional work and expense for them, which will ultimately come back to us.......

Well just see what happens then , perhaps my home is a too far place to just drop by , 80 kilometres from the office ...

And I do think having children make them decide to leave it , but as you state I've nothing to hide anyways , big chance I will not be at home though , so they will have to have a chat with my almost none existent neighbours or their chickens .....

But thanks for the output , much appreciated .

• 2 weeks later...

Well just see what happens then , perhaps my home is a too far place to just drop by , 80 kilometres from the office ...

And I do think having children make them decide to leave it , but as you state I've nothing to hide anyways , big chance I will not be at home though , so they will have to have a chat with my almost none existent neighbours or their chickens .....

But thanks for the output , much appreciated .

The visit just happened. They phoned and arrived within 10 minutes!

5 guys arrived in an Immigration vehicle and took a statement from a neighbour.

As I have been on a working visa, they took a copy of my work permit.

They made 5 visits today. 2 marriage and 3 business.

They only visit the first time a marriage visa is extended to one year, so assuming I get the extension (I must go to Chiang Mai Immigration on Monday to get a 30 day extension, then wait on Bangkok), I won't be seeing them again.

They instructed my wife to go to Immigration tomorrow to register me as staying in our home. I remember us going to do this when I last entered in 2008, so this doesn't sound good.

What are the implications if we didn't fill out the right form?

Edited by NotEinstein

Is this something for Pattaya.

I know that it was always possible for them to visit the home to check it out but in my 22 years living here i never had a visit.

Also, so far i know they don't have any need to talk to the neighbour and they are not even allowed to do this.

I don't even have neighbours close to my house for them to talk to. :D

They are police and are most surly allowed to talk with anyone. And yes they do talk with neighbors in many cases. Recently there has been a push to get detailed information on all foreigners so it has become much more of a priority in the last year or two.

Five policemen to check a legitimate marriage. Classic Thailand.

"Push to get detailed information on all foreigners"

Welcome, Land of Smiles.

I have a question that deserves its own thread:

Has anyone ever known anyone in the last five and even eight years that has gone through the hassle of a fake marriage to get such a visa?

Has this "marriage" been able to hold up through how many visa apps?

My hunch is basically nill. This is Thailand mythology.

Edited by Maestro
Removed comment on typing error.

They instructed my wife to go to Immigration tomorrow to register me as staying in our home. I remember us going to do this when I last entered in 2008, so this doesn't sound good.

What are the implications if we didn't fill out the right form?

Well, despite being more than 3 years late, the girl stamped the form and gave us the slip without comment. I guess they were just being thorough and fair, so a gold star for Chiang Mai Immigration.

• 4 months later...

Hi Phil - Appreciate the helpful information.

I will be going to renew my one year extension based on marriage in the coming weeks. Regarding the document requirements at Chonburi Immigration, did you need to provide them with a current copy of the marriage registration (Kor Ror 2) from the amphur office (not older than six months)? Over the past several years, I have only provided them with a copy of the marriage certificate (Kor Ror 3) as part of the application and that was sufficient. However, there are indications that some immigration offices are now requiring a current Kor Ror 2.

Thanks.

I will be going to renew my one year extension based on marriage in the coming weeks. Regarding the document requirements at Chonburi Immigration, did you need to provide them with a current copy of the marriage registration (Kor Ror 2) from the amphur office (not older than six months)? Over the past several years, I have only provided them with a copy of the marriage certificate (Kor Ror 3) as part of the application and that was sufficient. However, there are indications that some immigration offices are now requiring a current Kor Ror 2.

Thanks.

Hi,

it's always wise to be up-to-date with the Paperwork . The Kor Ror 2 is the only prove that your Marriage is still legit / registered

And it only costs (to the best of my knowledge) around 20 Baht at the Amphur / District Office

Thanks.

I don't know, sorry. We married in Europe about 17 years ago. Except for a complicated and expensive embassy and foreign office validation of the marriage certificate once, they haven't asked for updated version.

As an update, just returned from my annual extension based on marriage at Chonburi immigration. Regarding form TM7, they accepted 2 originals with 2 photos attached. For the marriage documents, I initially only provided the marriage certificate (as done in prior years), however, they now requested two copies of the Kor Ror 2. I only had a copy of my originally issued Kor Ror 2 from 5 years ago (since I did not have a chance to update at the District Office) and this was accepted. Got my "under consideration" stamp.Hope this info is useful.

Also, forgot to mention. For the first time, I was asked to sign a statement (written in Thai) in which I acknowledged the various documents I had submitted - at least that's what I was told it said since I don't like to sign documents blindly. I also needed to sign a second document (written in English) declaring that I was living in Thailand for the purpose of supporting my Thai wife.

Normally there are additional documents but one is often the bio data/interviewing officer paper (they often have you fill out the top portion) and this year they added a paper to confirm you understand that loss of reason for extension (wife/work/education/etc) means loss of the extension of stay (that might have been the second document you signed).