Chev Captiva Minor Change

captivadriveoffline.jpg

The first Captiva minor change rolled off the production line last Friday, and will get it's official public launch next month.

Changes include revised external styling, and a new E85 compatible flex-fuel gasoline engine.

Chev's next generation 2.2L Diesel is also earmarked for the Captiva this year, but it's not yet clear whether it's made it's way into this production cycle.

The new 2.2L can be factory tuned from 150HP in standard trim, or up to 184HP with an uprated turbo - and when it lands in the Captiva, the latter is expected, which would make it a clear leader in the segment from an emmissions, performance and fuel economy standpoint.

The Cruze minor change and all-new Colorado pickup will also be inheriting this new 2.2L diesel later this year.

Looks allot like an Audi front-end!

I always liked the looks of the old Captiva...not sure about this more agressive look but beauty is always in the eyes of the beholder...never liked the price, however. Recently had the chance to ride as a passenger in the rear seat of a friend's older Captiva CDi (top line spec) from Pattaya to Bangkok and was surprised how shaky and rattly the ride was. It was a very uncomfortable ride (don't know if riding up front would be different. Considering the price-point...was pretty shocked.

So how much would the Cruze with this new 2.2 diesel cost? Any ideas?

first it moves up two levels in excice tax. one for not being E20 compatible ad 5%, one for being more than 1999cc ad 5%, total 10%

then ad cost for upgraded techs, 100k? so total ad 200k? I d guess 1,1-1,2 like Focus 2,0 diesel

Captiva moves one excicelevel from 2,0 diesel to 2,2, lets say 60k baht, ad cost for tech, 120k? baht total

but only Chev knows how they want to position them in price ;)

first it moves up two levels in excice tax. one for not being E20 compatible ad 5%, one for being more than 1999cc ad 5%, total 10%

then ad cost for upgraded techs, 100k? so total ad 200k? I d guess 1,1-1,2 like Focus 2,0 diesel

Captiva moves one excicelevel from 2,0 diesel to 2,2, lets say 60k baht, ad cost for tech, 120k? baht total

The new Mazda Diesel, out next year should be good news .

Well, when compared to the current 2.0L diesel, the 2.2L diesel will attract an additional 5% excise tax only (E20 compat N/A to both of course).

The new E85 compat gasoline engine will get a 3% excise tax reduction over the existing 2.4L model.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

• 4 weeks later...

Looks allot like an Audi front-end!

I always liked the looks of the old Captiva...not sure about this more agressive look but beauty is always in the eyes of the beholder...never liked the price, however. Recently had the chance to ride as a passenger in the rear seat of a friend's older Captiva CDi (top line spec) from Pattaya to Bangkok and was surprised how shaky and rattly the ride was. It was a very uncomfortable ride (don't know if riding up front would be different. Considering the price-point...was pretty shocked.

Surprised to hear that, we just got rid of our 2008 Captiva LT (top of the line diesel) and the thing that sold us on it in the first place was the ride comfort compared to everything else in it's class and of course the styling. I thought the price was fair and our resale on it was great IMO not at all the horror story so many claimed it would be when we dared to buy anything other than a Toyota.

Saw one in the showroom a few days ago while we were having our Captiva serviced.

I quite like it. Also the interior has been re-designed and looks very orderly, only downside I found was that there is no way one can use the armrest, its just too far back.

Otherwise I was impressed with it, personally I like the new front end.

What I did not like about Captiva's is why they have the grey panels on the front and back?

We have a white one and we sprayed the panels black, looks much better on white than grey, very pleased with the overall look.

Would definaltley get a new one when ours is 3 years old, maybe they will have resolved the armrest problem by then