What's The City

Neeranam

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well there's not a lot to glean from the photo, so I'll start off by saying that it looks a bit South American to me, with lots of new apartment buildings and it's a coastal city.

:D

Correct. It's a costal city. :o:D

Is it also Soth American? :D

Well there's not a lot to glean from the photo, so I'll start off by saying that it looks a bit South American to me, with lots of new apartment buildings and it's a coastal city.

:D

Correct. It's a costal city. :o:D

Is it also Soth American? :D

Not in South America.

It is the second largest city in the country

Founded in the early 1900's

Who are you calling a crock?

In deference to the eminent poster, dingdongrb, I have used a picture taken by myself. In previous posts I have always used pictures of places I have at least stayed in. I hope he will excuse me for borrowing other pictures, as I have at least stayed in all the places I have posted but unfortunately digital cameras had not been invented then.

But really I don't give a rat's where anybody gets their pictures from and I don't see how it has any effect on the game.

post-42103-1220067217_thumb.jpg

In deference to the eminent poster, dingdongrb, I have used a picture taken by myself. In previous posts I have always used pictures of places I have at least stayed in. I hope he will excuse me for borrowing other pictures, as I have at least stayed in all the places I have posted but unfortunately digital cameras had not been invented then.

But really I don't give a rat's where anybody gets their pictures from and I don't see how it has any effect on the game.

Apologies Croc a mere typo is all. No need to get grumpy! :o

FYI. Vladivostok had the pleasure of my company for 3 years. Gambia i also worked in back in 1982. Tel Aviv however, i have never been to. Also the fact that i've been to Cayenne helped me to guess that one. I used to work next door in Paramaribo, Suriname.

From my point of view makes no difference if you been there or not either.

Anyway, back to the game...............

Apologies Croc a mere typo is all. No need to get grumpy! :D

FYI. Vladivostok had the pleasure of my company for 3 years. Gambia i also worked in back in 1982. Tel Aviv however, i have never been to. Also the fact that i've been to Cayenne helped me to guess that one. I used to work next door in Paramaribo, Suriname.

From my point of view makes no difference if you been there or not either.

Anyway, back to the game...............

Don't apologise to me. It was Boksida who didn't like being called a crock :o:D !

Well I haven't visited this thread in quite awhile and it's good to see that some of you have missed me and I'm still admired. :o

Boksida, They did have film cameras when you traveled didn't they, or are you that old of a fossil? :D Of all my filmed photos I have digitized them onto my 'photo' hard drive with the aide of what we today call a 'scanner'.... :D Great to post on my blog or share with friends.

Boksida, They did have film cameras when you traveled didn't they, or are you that old of a fossil? :o Of all my filmed photos I have digitized them onto my 'photo' hard drive with the aide of what we today call a 'scanner'.... :D Great to post on my blog or share with friends.

I did have a camera sometimes but the flash powder and plates were bulky to carry. Quite humid in the tropics and I often had trouble getting it to work, to say nothing of pesky bearers selling the plates for the silver content.

Leung Ken has come closest on the guesses so far as the photo was taken in a country contiguous with Thailand.

Hmmm, Malaysia. Burma, Laos or Cambodia ?

Try Rangoon Burma ?

No, not Rangoon.

An additional hint is that the owner of the house in the foreground achieved some international notoriety a few years ago for, (amongst other things), shooting out the tyre of a loaded passenger plane on the runway as he was annoyed with the airline for losing his luggage.

We've all felt like doing it.

Phom Penh, Cambodia?

Sorry Robert, you had snuck in your correct answer while I was replying to Ken. The house belongs to Teng Bun Ma who also owns the Intercontinental Hotel from where the photo was taken. An interesting guy, worth a Google.

Boksida, They did have film cameras when you traveled didn't they, or are you that old of a fossil? :D Of all my filmed photos I have digitized them onto my 'photo' hard drive with the aide of what we today call a 'scanner'.... :D Great to post on my blog or share with friends.

I did have a camera sometimes but the flash powder and plates were bulky to carry. Quite humid in the tropics and I often had trouble getting it to work, to say nothing of pesky bearers selling the plates for the silver content.

Leung Ken has come closest on the guesses so far as the photo was taken in a country contiguous with Thailand.

Wow, you're much younger than I expected. I was thinking that maybe you used pewter plates with bitumen.... :o

Phom Penh, Cambodia?

Sorry Robert, you had snuck in your correct answer while I was replying to Ken. The house belongs to Teng Bun Ma who also owns the Intercontinental Hotel from where the photo was taken. An interesting guy, worth a Google.

A facinating story. I'm off to pay the rent will post a new city a bit later.