What's The City

Neeranam

Probably the second biggest city in Tunisia. Can't make it any easier than that!

Sfax....*

I heard about a lot of cities but have to admit I never heard about this one before... :D

* Sfax (Arabic: صفاقس‎, Safaqis, or /sfa:qs/ in Tunisian Arabic, whence the French name) is a city in Tunisia, located 270 km southeast of Tunis. The city, founded in AD 849 on the ruins of Taparura and Thaenae, is the capital of the Sfax governorate, and a Mediterranean port on the Gulf of Gabes. Sfax has population of 340,000 (2005), and is an industrial center for processing phosphates. The city is often described as Tunisia's Second city, because only Tunis has more inhabitants.

But...here it says that Sfax has a population of 881.000....so, it grew fast in 1 year ........ :o ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_citie...#Largest_Cities

LaoPo

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Probably the second biggest city in Tunisia. Can't make it any easier than that!

Sfax....*

I heard about a lot of cities but have to admit I never heard about this one before... :D

* Sfax (Arabic: صفاقس‎, Safaqis, or /sfa:qs/ in Tunisian Arabic, whence the French name) is a city in Tunisia, located 270 km southeast of Tunis. The city, founded in AD 849 on the ruins of Taparura and Thaenae, is the capital of the Sfax governorate, and a Mediterranean port on the Gulf of Gabes. Sfax has population of 340,000 (2005), and is an industrial center for processing phosphates. The city is often described as Tunisia's Second city, because only Tunis has more inhabitants.

But...here it says that Sfax has a population of 881.000....so, it grew fast in 1 year ........ :o ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_citie...#Largest_Cities

LaoPo

Sfax is correct. I haven't been there for over 20 years so can't make any guesses on present population. Quite a nice place. Over to you LaoPo.

No, wrong country, but it's in the Med...

LaoPo

Greece?

Greece it is :D

The island is famous (or infamous.... :o ) for it's nightlife.

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Ios?

No.......but...........it belongs to the same group of islands. You're close.

Another photo of this city on the island:

post-13995-1211902408_thumb.jpg

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Small mining village or city.. :o

LaoPo

Somewhere in between, but hard to tell the difference on the prairies. They call themselves a town and a nearby mine is the main industry. Grain is also an industry as it is on a main railroad. They even have an airport, which doesn't prevent it from being extremely boring.

POTASH is one of Canada's largest resources and a major export commodity. Saskatchewan's Potash reserves are large enough to supply the world fertilizer demand for several hundred years. Potash is a nutrient essential for plant growth. Ten mines in Saskatchewan produce Potash from 1000 to 1800 meters below the surface. This is a 2 billion dollar per year business.

Located on HWY 22 in the Town of Esterhazy, Saskatchewan

North Battleford, but more likely, Regina, have chat friend there.

East of Regina, almost in Manitoba. Ask your friend if he knows where the Potash Interpretative Centre is.

I looked up, Potash place, said Saskatchewan..... lol,,,,,,, so Sakatoon....... grrrr

Is it India?

Must be India, or sthn continent, only place ya find Morris Oxford look alikes......Haaaaaa

Try Mumbai, but does not seem busy enuff

Edited by Zpete