Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SLB23.jpg

Gentlemen,

The name of the game is "What's The City?"

According to Neeranam's original post;

Here is a new game called 'What's the City?"

All you do is post a photo of a city or a famous landmark in the city.

If no-one can guess, then clues can be given.

With all due respect Pete, this picture sucks. I would not describe this as a city. This particular picture could be any small town (not city) in the American Midwest or Canadian prairie provinces. Furthermore, there are no features that give any indication of this place... geographical, architectural, famous landmarks or buildings, or anything else that would allow a person to figure out what this place is without making a lucky guess or taking a lot of hints / directions. There is absolutely nothing interesting or unique to identify it. A signifiicant number of recent images fall into this boring unidentifiable category.

Can we all do something to improve the quality of the pictures, so that this game can start moving like it used to, and be more fun for everyone?

Boksida, would be closest.

I'll go for Ulan-ude then, in the right area and on the railway line.

With all due respect Pete, this picture sucks. I would not describe this as a city. This particular picture could be any small town (not city) in the American Midwest or Canadian prairie provinces. Furthermore, there are no features that give any indication of this place... geographical, architectural, famous landmarks or buildings, or anything else that would allow a person to figure out what this place is without making a lucky guess or taking a lot of hints / directions. There is absolutely nothing interesting or unique to identify it. A signifiicant number of recent images fall into this boring unidentifiable category.

There all manner of cities on the planet.

I mhave no problem with many of the posts recently.

Many cities have very distinctive items, archtecture, sculptures and parks etc,

Makes things more interesting to be a little less obvious.

This forum is for fun, this has been fun, let it ride man, OK.

Hi Boksida.......

Yer've done it agin.

Gofrit.

Gentlemen,

The name of the game is "What's The City?"

According to Neeranam's original post;

Here is a new game called 'What's the City?"

All you do is post a photo of a city or a famous landmark in the city.

If no-one can guess, then clues can be given.

Can we all do something to improve the quality of the pictures, so that this game can start moving like it used to, and be more fun for everyone?

In defence of Zpete, the answer to his picture took two guesses. According to Wikipedia, Ulan-Ude is the 3rd largest city in Eastern Siberia and is the capital city of the Buryat Republic. It is served by two airports and the Trans-Siberian rail line. It is the twin city of Taipei and Berkeley, California. Apart from being a major trade link between Russia and Mongolia, it boasts the largest statue in the world depicting the head of Lenin. Of course none of this can compare with the grandeur of the Americam midwest or the Canadian prairies.

I sniffed it out by recognizing the Russian rolling stock, typical Central Asian terrain and distinctively crappy buildings and electrical systems common to railways in that region.

As capital cities of Republics are now apparently disallowed, presumably all state and provincial capitals in North America and elsewhere are now off the agenda. This leaves us with national capitals. Can anybody guess what this city is:

post-42103-1212746742_thumb.jpg

It's beer o'clock, I'm outta here.

Hi boksida, ta for your support.

My posts are usually easily found.

You having fun noe at the expense of (bino ).... LOL

Unless there is another duplicate sumplace, The London eye, or woteva it is called, makes me think this must be the City of Westminster, UK.

Not to ne confused with City of Westminster, Colorado.

this has been fun

You're right. "Has" being the key word.

With regard to my previous post... I guess the answer is simple. If I don't like it, I don't have to play / post.

and another good thread dribbles off into oblivion.

goodbye and thanks for all the fish.

I'm with you Ken. Crying shame it is, because this thread used to rock. We would go through two or three cities a night, and it was a race amongst about 10 or more regular players who enjoyed the game to see who would find or know the city and get the right answer.

All of the other regulars seem to have lost interest, and I'm joining them. The bright side- I'll save a lot of hours that I used to spend here, and might get more work done!

Have at it guys. Will the last one to leave turn out the lights?