Hilton Buffet

ciaociao

Have been 2 times and will go again as it is better than average available in pattaya.

Nice environment and nice view. I don't think Egon Ronay would become a regular

and can't see it getting a michelin star in the next hundred years or so.

300 baht for the buffet is good value but the drinks are top "Baht" as you may say.

Just drink the water if your economising....

If you compare it to Burger King prices its fabulous value...just don't buy a coke........

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have been 2 times and will go again as it is better than average available in pattaya.

Nice environment and nice view. I don't think Egon Ronay would become a regular

and can't see it getting a michelin star in the next hundred years or so.

300 baht for the buffet is good value but the drinks are top "Baht" as you may say.

Just drink the water if your economising....

If you compare it to Burger King prices its fabulous value...just don't buy a coke........

Are you serious.. "better than average", "if you compare it to Burger King prices its fabulous value"???

Your last comment about Burger King is ridiculous.Please tell us about where in Pattaya you'll get better value because I'll be very keen to try them.

Edited by tropo

If you compare it to Burger King prices its fabulous value....

I think that anything is good value if compared to Mcburger joints, Fried Chicken and Starbucks-type places.

Whenever I walk past them I never fail to be amazed by the astronomically high prices.

One inflammatory post removed from view. Also a quoted reply of the removed post.

If you have a point of view that differs from others please discuss nicely with resorting to flames and name calling.

i had the most amazing sashimi at night and they charged me 800!!!

but it was as good as anything back in the states, no, NEW YORK!

all you can eat, tuna, salmon, and YELLOW TAIL, fantastic

please note this is without rice!!!!

and that was only a small corner of the spread

so if that is still the case well worth it !!!!

Was that a buffet? The seafood buffet on Friday night? I just read this:

http://pattayatoday....-of-excellence/

Seems they are getting really good reviews for the hotel also. I also saw this:

Monday Lunch – Wrap & Roll featuring sushi, tortillas & other rolls

Tuesday Lunch – Pizza & Pasta featuring Italian flavor in the kitchen & some flying dough

Wednesday Lunch – Sandwiches & Burgers featuring classics & some new favorites

Thursday Lunch – Asian noodles featuring all menus about noodles

Friday Lunch – Pattaya Seafood featuring seafood on ice or from the grill

Saturday Lunch – Dessert featuring international delights & homemade cakes

I've tried most of those (except Wed & Thurs) and there's no denying, it's the best value lunch available in Pattaya.

it was dinner buffet

i dont recall which night

maybe i just got lucky

errr when was the US famous for sashimi :huh: ...In all honesty I'd bet less than 10 % of them would even know what Sashimi is :jap:

on another note, regarding kids, i was in the Zen Japanese place yesterday where a very good meal was interrupted by a screaming brat across the way .... unbelievable, does anyone smack their kids anymore ? if he was mine, i would have locked the little sh.t up in the car after a good hiding <_<

Edited by William Osborne

errr when was the US famous for sashimi :huh: ...In all honesty I'd bet less than 10 % of them would even know what Sashimi is :jap: WRONG-O!

on another note, regarding kids, i was in the Zen Japanese place yesterday where a very good meal was interrupted by a screaming brat across the way .... unbelievable, does anyone smack their kids anymore ? if he was mine, i would have locked the little sh.t up in the car after a good hiding <_<

post-72929-0-78820800-1312171557_thumb.j

on another note, regarding kids, i was in the Zen Japanese place yesterday where a very good meal was interrupted by a screaming brat across the way .... unbelievable, does anyone smack their kids anymore ?

If anyone is concerned about the moral implications of punishing their ill-behaved children in restaurants, just send them over to my table.

I will cheerfully beat the crap out of them for you.

errr when was the US famous for sashimi :huh: ...In all honesty I'd bet less than 10 % of them would even know what Sashimi is :jap:

New York has some fantastic Japanese restaurants. Not unusual given the large number of Asian residents. And I'm sure more than 10% know what sashimi is....

Several of these restaurants cater exclusively to Japanese...they are not easy to find.

Did the Evening buffet last night (Tuesday). It was very good and at least 3 times as good as lunch. Lots of sashimi (salmon & tuna etc), smoked salmon. Even rare roasted leg of Australian lamb. Well worth a visit. It was a much more pleasant dining experience without all the lunch time yobos around.

From now on I'll skip lunches (300) and concentrate on dinner (700 - sun to thurs)... 900 on Fridays for seafood buffet, but on the regular night there were loads of prawns and mussels.

i expect the lunchtime yobos found the Hilton solely because of this thread........

No, I was going there months before someone broadcasted it on here and there were still plenty of yobos in there.

As for broadcasting it on here - I really wish they hadn't, but it had to happen sooner or later.

i expect the lunchtime yobos found the Hilton solely because of this thread........

No, I was going there months before someone broadcasted it on here and there were still plenty of yobos in there.

As for broadcasting it on here - I really wish they hadn't, but it had to happen sooner or later.

Too often we give the yobbos and chavs too little credit for basic survival instincts, Of course they know about the Hilton buffet as well as all of the other buffets in Pattaya.

I went in there the other evening, just to see what it was all about.

The common area decor, whilst spectacular enough, did seem somewhat over the top with huge amounts of wasted space in the lobby and corridors. Nice pebble and light ornamental displays though. I dont like minimalist white design either so I wasnt very happy. Some of the decor did seem to be more flash than substance, and I dont know what it will look like after a few years' use.

As far as I know Hilton only manage the building: I dont think any of the money came from them. Which may explain things.

Confusing up/down elevator/escalator arrangement to get there.

Top-notch staff in the restaurant: rarely have I been so well received in Thailand.

The evening meal looked excellent, with lots of tasty looking ingedients, but as it was 8pm there was no view outside. The desserts looked particularly well-presented. Fair value for the price.

Cant say that most of the lunchtime themes appealed to me (burgers, wraps, pizza, noodles and dessert themes) but I would certainly give the seafood lunchtime one a go one Friday.

Too often we give the yobbos and chavs too little credit for basic survival instincts, Of course they know about the Hilton buffet as well as all of the other buffets in Pattaya.

You may have seen me there. I normally wear a string vest, handkerchief tied on head, union jack shorts, im shaven headed, large gut and frequent near fights with other diners...oh and i bring my own cans of beer