i am based in england and have dabbled on the stock exchange in thailand and england without succes.

i have xxxx sterling and want to sell one of the stock exchanges for £20 a point with a long term out look maybe 1-2 years with an option to cash in if i hit my target or opt out with a stop loss, i think i have the basic idea, but executing the deal i need a little impartial advice.

and a decent company

any advice thx

An easy suggestion is to avoid Refco,the new Enron,Tyco,Worldcom,etc .

I'm glad I stuck with OandaFX for forex and Scottrade for stocks and funds.

Was thinking of opening forex accounts with RefcoFX and their subsidiary FXCM as they were the biggest but thankfully never finished the applications.All the forex forums are filled with panicked traders trying to get their money out of their accounts with them and a lot are coming over to OandaFX,GFT,Saxobank,etc.

Refco's loss will be other companies' gains.Find out which are publicly traded and get some shares.

Was thinking of opening forex accounts with RefcoFX and their subsidiary FXCM as they were the biggest but thankfully never finished the applications.All the forex forums are filled with panicked traders trying to get their money out of their accounts with them and a lot are coming over to OandaFX,GFT,Saxobank,etc.

Refco's loss will be other companies' gains.Find out which are publicly traded and get some shares.

thx for the reply

saxobank rings a bell with me so i'll research them

a couple of more pointers are needed before i progress and make myself look an idiot

1, i expect the exchange to fall by up to 1000 points over the next year, so i want to sell at £20 per point how much would i have to deposit to open up an account for a transaction of this size

2.if every thing went to plan and i wanted to take profits, but not close the position

what do i do

sorry to ask these questions, i have an account with waterhouse but i have only used it for buying and selling of stocks. i have read thier information on futures but these are the areas that are not in simple understandable english for me.

for a 2nd question, i might advise that simple trick, to sell part of the position ( equal to the profit you planned), and leave the rest open if you wish. it works just the same with stocks.

when i sell stock i just ring them and agree the price and how many, if it is the same for futures they certainly have a long winded way of explaining that in thier literature.

but thx anyway

what could be the main difference??

if you buy 1000, need to realize some profit, but like to keep a position, and up lets say 30%.......so this is how much you sell, and so, back with a starting value.

i didnt read your literature source :o

Opothai,

I am based in Thaland, but Have my money in Jersey, Do you know if I can open an account in Jersy and trade from here? Do you know any good brokers in Jersey? or brokers in Thailand that have links to Jersey. I have not done any trading yet but am keen to get started! Does anyone know what markets are available to trade in Jersey or the other channel isles and if it is safe to do so?

just an update

as i said i was new to this market

i opened an account with cmcmarkets .co.uk 2 days ago

it is apparemtly not futures trading that i needed but spread betting and very simple, just buy and sell

anyway i sold the ftse at £20 a point and so far it has lost85 points since my opening bet so i've been lucky so far.

now information is tantamount to any position held,

so i expect over the next 12 months the ftse to loose up to 1000 points, does any one have any reason to doubt my position if so please state your reasons so i can research more

thx

thx for the reply

a couple of more pointers are needed before i progress and make myself look an idiot

1, i expect the exchange to fall by up to 1000 points over the next year, so i want to sell at £20 per point how much would i have to deposit to open up an account for a transaction of this size

2.if every thing went to plan and i wanted to take profits, but not close the position

what do i do

sorry to ask these questions, i have an account with waterhouse but i have only used it for buying and selling of stocks. i have read thier information on futures but these are the areas that are not in simple understandable english for me.

Saxobank will clean you out, pocket your dough and you'll have no recourse when you contact the overseeing authority in Denmark. Why? They're in Saxo's pocket.

If you're Danish you stand a better chance, but for a foreigner doing online trading, you'll be left out in the cold when you discover your STOPS are not honored, your Limit orders not filled, except against you, and a mysterious spike wiped your margin out -- but there is no evidence on the chart and the spike shows nowhere else, i.e. it never occurred.

If you're going there, marry a dane first, preferably a Great Dane!

Opothai,

I am based in Thaland, but Have my money in Jersey, Do you know if I can open an account in Jersy and trade from here? Do you know any good brokers in Jersey? or brokers in Thailand that have links to Jersey. I have not done any trading yet but am keen to get started! Does anyone know what markets are available to trade in Jersey or the other channel isles and if it is safe to do so?

if you have acces to the computer on a daily basis you can spread bet tax free and commision fre on cmcmarkets.co.uk, as for trading stocks and shares i,m afraid i do not know of any traders in jersey, but i'll have a quick look out of interest and let you know

thx for the reply

what do i do

Saxobank will clean you out, pocket your dough and you'll have no recourse when you contact the overseeing authority in Denmark. Why? They're in Saxo's pocket.

If you're Danish you stand a better chance, but for a foreigner doing online trading, you'll be left out in the cold when you discover your STOPS are not honored, your Limit orders not filled, except against you, and a mysterious spike wiped your margin out -- but there is no evidence on the chart and the spike shows nowhere else, i.e. it never occurred.

If you're going there, marry a dane first, preferably a Great Dane!

thx for the reply,

but as you can see i opted for a british based trader, as it is simply spread betting and not futures i was after, well we never stop learning do we