Things To Do In C.m For 3 Days Visit?

BKKDUDE

Hi,

Me & my GF are coming from BKK to chiang mai for 3 days sightseeing.

I have few questions, appriciate for any advice:

-I heard the is fllod in C.M, is it safe to visit now?

-How many hours is by Fast train and bus from BKK? generaly which

is more comfortable and pleasing to travel with?

-Can i get a scotter for rent for 3 days? Any accomodation with

morebike rental, so i don't need to deposit hefty cash or passport?

-which part of city is to stay? and any recommanded place around

$500 per day for a clean and safe place.

my interst is to see more nature, mountains and lakes (may be fishing)

C.M downtown,.....

I'm not intersted visiting temples or elephent rides, what else to do?

Thank you

Hi,

Flood ?  What Flood,  We haven't had a flood for two weeks now !!

Would seriously advise to check out flying.  One hour vs 12 hrs by train or bus and maybe cheaper, with some of the new discount airlines.

This one I can really help you with.  My next door neighbor runs a little guest house and if you are looking for something to do, well he sells draft beer at 45 Baht per mug, with the second one free [course you have to eat something]  Now I think if you offer him even less, say $495. per day, he will possibly throw in the room and maybe an additional free beer  Then you can forget the scooter!!

C.M downtown,.....  

The really good fishing in CM Downtown is over now. Two weeks ago was very good.  I had one on the line in the night market that bent my rod almost double, but alas she got away when the money line broke. Just trolling now.

Thank you

post-22124-1129678508_thumb.jpg

Have a Happy Halloween

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Fly in and ask taxi for Satanee Rot Fai. Get on train and go SOUTH. South is best. No temples or riding elephants. Go South.

P1P I really think you should tell BKKDUDE the truth......

Yes we had a flood, As you know all the guesthouses and hotels are either on the Ping River or surrounding the city moat...... they were all destroyed! :o

The cause of the flooding was too much water in the lakes and resevoirs, so the Thai government has drained our lakes and resevoirs. :D

And if this isn't bad enough, the flooding from the mountains stripped off all the vegetation and so we know have mountains like Afghanistan. :D

On a bright note (Maybe), we have no elephants! They are all in Surin on Holiday getting rounded up, but they might return in a week or so! :D

Now since all the roads were destroyed during the flood, the only mode of transport are motorcycles, but they are in high demand and extremely costly. :D

I would be more than willing to rent you out my spare bedroom for the $500/day and throw in my spare motorcycle to boot! :D

But actually, I understand that Pattaya is nice this time of year! :D

Hi,

C.M downtown,.....

Thank you

rather to spend a bit more which is much much better by plane frm BKK

bike rental is only from 120 to 150 baht, deposit of 2000 baht.

your $500 is in which currency? if is 500 baht, there is alot of guest house and you can check it out at this forum.

there is many plenty sightseeing...check it out

Finally a quality response :o

Hi,

Flood ?  What Flood,  We haven't had a flood for two weeks now !!

Would seriously advise to check out flying.  One hour vs 12 hrs by train or bus and maybe cheaper, with some of the new discount airlines.

This one I can really help you with.  My next door neighbor runs a little guest house and if you are looking for something to do, well he sells draft beer at 45 Baht per mug, with the second one free [course you have to eat something]  Now I think if you offer him even less, say $495. per day, he will possibly throw in the room and maybe an additional free beer  Then you can forget the scooter!!

C.M downtown,.....  

The really good fishing in CM Downtown is over now. Two weeks ago was very good.  I had one on the line in the night market that bent my rod almost double, but alas she got away when the money line broke. Just trolling now.

Thank you

post-22124-1129678508_thumb.jpg

Have a Happy Halloween

Finally a quality response :o

Hi,

Its a loooong train ride up there from bkk but you get to see some great scenery

Much better than a bus i think.

my gf and i took the plane from cm to phuket when we left. i think thats

the best way as you don't want to see the same scenery twice.

if you like mountains then check out Doi inthanon park

http://www.1stopchiangmai.com/what_to_see/...g/doi_inthanon/

Fly in and ask taxi for Satanee Rot Fai. Get on train and go SOUTH. South is best. No temples or riding elephants. Go South.

Yes we had a flood, As you know all the guesthouses and hotels are either on the Ping River or surrounding the city moat...... they were all destroyed! :D

The cause of the flooding was too much water in the lakes and resevoirs, so the Thai government has drained our lakes and resevoirs. :D

And if this isn't bad enough, the flooding from the mountains stripped off all the vegetation and so we know have mountains like Afghanistan. :D

On a bright note (Maybe), we have no elephants! They are all in Surin on Holiday getting rounded up, but they might return in a week or so! :D

Now since all the roads were destroyed during the flood, the only mode of transport are motorcycles, but they are in high demand and extremely costly. :D

I would be more than willing to rent you out my spare bedroom for the $500/day and throw in my spare motorcycle to boot! :D

Spoke to the wife last night (2 p a min to mobile ...rip off) who is now up in C.M. and she confirms that she is wearing her life belt and green wellies although staying on the fift floor of her mates condo building beside the moat.....must be bad. :o

Yes we had a flood, As you know all the guesthouses and hotels are either on the Ping River or surrounding the city moat...... they were all destroyed! :D

DB - I think you're painting an unnecessarily bleak picture. After all, the recently-introduced 2,000 baht per day visitor tax will go a long way to sorting out many of the problems you've mentioned within a decade or two........... :o

And, looking on the bright side, nearly all the guesthouses now have their own pools - many of them inter-connected so you can swim from one to the next.......... :D

Not to mention that there are interesting new recipes for cooking the now-abundant water snakes and crocodiles............ :D

Spoke to the wife last night (2 p a min to mobile ...rip off) who is now up in C.M. and she confirms that she is wearing her life belt and green wellies although staying on the fift floor of her mates condo building beside the moat.....must be bad. :o

oh dear, maybe your wife is seeing things as it has been dry for two weeks.

I will be there this weekend, so have been checking

on the other hand, if any tourist is thinking of going to CM, your wife could be right

You ruined my thread with your useless posts.

What i should call you guys? 

:o

Why not LAZY, like you....... Go to GOGGLE.COM and type in Chiangmai and follow the threads from there, or are you waiting for us to do it for you? It seems to me that at 1:19am, you should have plenty of speed on the internet to pretty much get it all sorted out in 15 minutes.....