Britmaveric

CharlesDavid

What do you think of his PCN posts?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i for one would like to see more of his postings regarding the antics of foriegners and (pattaya) lowlife in thailand.

they make a welcome diversion from the run of the mill postings on visas , bambinas armpit , work permits , thaksin the terrible and bird flu.

i'm sure we all read those pattaya stories and think "how easily i could have fallen into that trap etc." and thank our lucky stars we are not on the front page of that rag or tv show whatever it is.

most of us , despite out pretensions of intellectual superiority are drawn to sleaze and the sleazy , and the closer to the gutter it is the better.

so , keep posting britmaveric , those stories about swedish drunks , thieving bargirls , yob brits , corrupt cops and taxi drivers and dumb yanks.

keep feeding our basic but irrational need to stereotype !! :o

the stories only stay on page 1 if they are well received , many of them die a death also.

I like them so much I have bookmarked the PCN webpage, as thats the place I can get the amusing photo essays that back up the story.

Sometimes its so wild they themselves even have to remove their article. Eg the 'anal savants' story. Fortunately I reprinted it on my blog.

I think Brit makes a valueble contribution to this forum, but there's also a point to be made about pushing some topics back too soon as well. Brit will have to make sure he doesn't overdo the news posts, and I think for the most part he does ok at this.

cv

vote " Very useful we need to know what's going on"

i read his patter - news that he posted from time to time ... some are interesting

if it bother you guys, why you take a look at it? it does not make any sense for someone who just dont like his news and still click the thead and take a look

:D:D:o

I think Brit makes a valueble contribution to this forum, but there's also a point to be made about pushing some topics back too soon as well. Brit will have to make sure he doesn't overdo the news posts, and I think for the most part he does ok at this.

cv

Nicely said. :o

Simply a question of balance in my view.

I appreciate the fact that Brit posts items from PCN. I read the initial post, and make my own choice as to whether I care to enter the thread. Frankly, I don't go any further with most of them. But I find enough of them useful and interesting to feel no irritation at all about those that don't interest me.

Thanks, Brit!

George

I enjoy brits posts, keep em up mate.

Folks, use your settings to change the default number of threads per page, it really helps and you have less pages to turn.

Thanks for that tukyleith, I had no idea there was an option. :o

For others who were unaware:

My Controls • View New Posts • My Assistant • 0 New Messages

Options

Purchase Paid Subscriptions

Manage Your Attachments

Manage Ignored Users

Email Settings

Board Settings

Change Email

Number of topics to show for each forum page

To answer the OP`s question Brit`s posts are informative and lead to many discussions which must be of benefit to TV members.

Although some of PCN`s news is shall we say basic and at times not what we would expect to see in the tabloids in the West, we must remember that TIT and it is accepted by the authorities that these sometimes gruesome events should be shown in order to make people aware of what is going on and also to deter and help catch offenders.

It would certainly be a less entertaining forum without these posts and the subsequent follow ups.

Keep up the good work Brit. :o

that these sometimes gruesome events should be shown in order to ......make people aware of what is going on and also to deter and help catch offenders.

dont you mean...

that these sometimes gruesome events should be shown in order to ...... keep rubberneckers glued to the screen and keep coming back for more

that these sometimes gruesome events should be shown in order to ......make people aware of what is going on and also to deter and help catch offenders.

dont you mean...

that these sometimes gruesome events should be shown in order to ...... keep rubberneckers glued to the screen and keep coming back for more

I note that you read them as well :o

I think the whole PCN thing is make for good content, i have never had a problem venturing onto the second page of threads and can only imagine that an idiot of the calibre of Big Tony would struggle to do this.

Whether Brit posts this stuff or not does not matter to me and this thread is almost a slur against him for adding content to this forum. that is not fair in my opinion and i dont see why his name is mentioned on this thread at all.

The thread a couple of months back regarding the electrician who electrocuted himself breaking into his own apartment was priceless and will live (no pun inteneded) in my memory for a long time.

Carry on listing the PCN stuff, theres normally a few cheap gags to be added, and thats fine by me. :o

I note that you read them as well

i read them religiously , but i dont believe for one minute that they are published as some sort of service to educate the public.

they are shown purely to feed our insatiable appetites for observing the sufferings , pain and bad luck of others , and of course to increase the advertising revenue obtained for the company.

any benefits to society , such as warnings and public awareness of the dangers of drinking and going shirtless are purely incidental.

its the thai press for f*cks sake !!!

:o

I note that you read them as well

i read them religiously , but i dont believe for one minute that they are published as some sort of service to educate the public.

they are shown purely to feed our insatiable appetites for observing the sufferings , pain and bad luck of others , and of course to increase the advertising revenue obtained for the company.

any benefits to society , such as warnings and public awareness of the dangers of drinking and going shirtless are purely incidental.

its the thai press for f*cks sake !!!

I didn`t say educate the public I said making them aware of what is going on.

Educating would mean to train mentally and morally and to instruct. :D

Following on from Big Tony's thread I would be interested to find out the general consensus on Britmaverics posts.

Is he relegating too many threads to the second page too soon with his multiple news posts each day or is he providing a useful service for us all?

So why can?t he do it once every 24 hours?

Or Thai visa give him a special place that won?t push

threads down the board?

Suppose that would up set his total postings.

As for every one running to his side in defense

Well that?s about what you get with an old boys club.

and that is what you have now on Thai Visa.

Zimmer racing down soi Yamoto look out for pot holes boys.

Have a nice day.