Importing An Alcohol Based Product Into Thailand Help

Taayzer

Hello everyone, just stumbled across this forum today, and would like to request some help.

Now my mother, and her fiance just invented/patented a new product in Canada. This summer marked the first sales in Canada, and its been received very well thus far. They've been selling to bars/pubs/clubs/out door events/stadiums across Canada. Now that its been out in Canada for the past two months, and summer is coming to an end, they will start to look into moving to the USA market. As well, just recently they were contacted by a representative of the Dallas Cowboys stadium in America, requesting the product there, and an owner of 15 racetracks also in the USA.

Now, Ive been discussing with my mom, and and she agrees, that Asia would be a good market for this(particularly Thailand). Im currently, and have been living in China for the past 2 years, and am interested in some sort of business venture in Asia, and I think this would be great.

Now, I dont want to disclose to much information about the product, just that it would be perfect for a hot, tropical place like Thailand.

Now my question is, does anyone know of a company that does distribution of alcoholic beverages in Thailand? What are the countries laws regarding the importation of alcohol, and the taxes?

How difficult do you think it would be to get a new product into Thailand, and do you know of a company that would do this?

Im probably going to take a trip this October into Thailand to check things out, and try and meet with some people. But I am not sure where to start just yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

for any kind of food items and especially alcoholic beverages you must go through a lengthy registration process. Duties/taxes are also steep but depending on the type of beverage.

PM me more details and I can tell you more about the process. cool.gif