Transport Min To Begin Building 3 More BTS Skytrain Lines This Year

webfact

Transport Min to begin building 3 more BTS lines this year

BANGKOK, 23 August 2011 (NNT) – The Transport Ministry has promised to begin the construction of three new routes of the BTS Skytrain within this year while more studies will be conducted in detail for other pending lines.

After chairing an event to commemorate the 19th anniversary of the Mass Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand (MRTA)’s establishment, Transport Minister Air Chief Marshal Sukumpol Suwanatat revealed that the Ministry would press on with the construction of ten more BTS routes in Bangkok. Within this year, he said three lines were expected to have their bidding processes completed and construction commenced.

The three new lines consist of the Green Line extensions from Mo Chit to Saphan Mai and from Bearing to Samut Prakan, the Orange Line from Taling Chan to Min Buri with a distance of 37.5 kilometers and the Pink line from Khae Rai to Min Buri with a distance of 36 kilometers.

As for the existing master plan covering a total of 12 BTS routes, ACM Sukumpol insisted that it was appropriate; however, some routes might be extended to cater to more commuters. He said the Ministry thus far had not studied the matter and would need to do so thoroughly in due course.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2011-08-23 footer_n.gif

I'm confused... I was under the impression that the Orange and Pink lines were supposed to be MRT (and mostly underground).

Oh, and what about the SRT between Bang Sue and Taling Chan? It is supposed to have started already. I rarely go around this area, but I'm curious to know if there's some work done.

I wish there was a regularly updated map of what's available, under construction, planned and projected... The best I found was updated a few years ago.

I'm confused... I was under the impression that the Orange and Pink lines were supposed to be MRT (and mostly underground).

Oh, and what about the SRT between Bang Sue and Taling Chan? It is supposed to have started already. I rarely go around this area, but I'm curious to know if there's some work done.

I wish there was a regularly updated map of what's available, under construction, planned and projected... The best I found was updated a few years ago.

Dont let it worry you mate.... it will be done when its done.... have you not learned ... nothing is on time in Thailand except your last breath..!