Wetv - Should I Be Worried?

wolf5370

Hi,

just moving house and (for the first time in a year and half) going to get WETV put back in as the new house is in the covered area.

Still awaiting a site check (even though others near by have it, so seems pretty sure that it's available) - Mrs is going to call today for an update. However, just checking their phone number online, it seemed the web site (wetv.co.th) was down. With further checking, it seems it is expired and in a Status Regestry-Hold (i.e. it has expired and can't be used for a period until release to general public again - see Who Is result below). To my way of thiing, if they can't afford to keep up a web site domain, are they on their way out? Digital a step too far? (may be all that advertising along Mahidol road did it???)

It expired on the 26th of July this year.

Is the TV still being pumped to users?

This may just be a oversight (maybe they are changing the company name or something, though usually one would redirect existing user online rather than just leave the URL to die) - or plain incompetance from their web masters, but worried frown now applied to forehead.

Domain: WETV.CO.TH

Registrar: T.H.NIC Co., Ltd.

Name Server: NS1.THAIHOSTSERVER.COM

Name Server: NS2.THAIHOSTSERVER.COM

Updated date: 22 Jul 2011

Created date: 27 Jul 2006

Renew date: 27 Jul 2010

Exp date: 26 Jul 2011

Domain Holder: World Entertainment Television Co., Ltd. ( บริษัท เวิลด์ เอนเตอร์เทนเมนท์ เทเลวิชั่น จำกัด )

36/1-2 Huay Kaew Rd., Changpuek, Muang, Chiangmai

TH

Tech Contact: 168565

บริษัท เวิลด์เอนเตอร์เทนเมนท์ เทเลวิชั่น จำกัด (WETV)

เลขที่ 22/4 ถนนราชภาคินัย ซอย 1 ตำบลศรีภูมิ อำเภอเมือง จ.เชียงใหม่

TH

>>> Last update of whois data: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 08:17:17 UTC+7 <<<

Edited by wolf5370

Yup, WE TV is still on the air, but I can see your concern. I was able to download the PDFs for their August movie schedule of Channels 17,18 and 19 in early August from the website, so it was still up then. Can't get to the website now. Just get a message that Internet Explorer can't connect. Hope they get it resolved soon so I can download the September movie schedule.

We live close enough to their office that I'll just walk over and ask them on Friday for the September movie schedule if the website isn't back by then.

Edited by NancyL

I've told the Mrs to tell them about the web site when she calls - and assuming she does (which is not necessarily odds on), then they will at least know (again assuming the telephone answerer bothers to pass it on of course).

The WETV website is down frequently - sometimes for up to 7-10 days at a time. I was able to access it about 2 weeks ago to download the movie schedule.

It seems that they are somewhat disorganized over there. We have called three times about getting the new digital box. The 1st time, the girl who answered the phone didn't know anything about it!, the 2nd time they told us that they were too busy to talk about it then and would call us back (which they never did), the 3rd time they told us that the technician would be here in the next 2 days to install the box...that was more than two weeks ago.

The WETV website is down frequently - sometimes for up to 7-10 days at a time. I was able to access it about 2 weeks ago to download the movie schedule.

It seems that they are somewhat disorganized over there. We have called three times about getting the new digital box. The 1st time, the girl who answered the phone didn't know anything about it!, the 2nd time they told us that they were too busy to talk about it then and would call us back (which they never did), the 3rd time they told us that the technician would be here in the next 2 days to install the box...that was more than two weeks ago.

We have a new house in Urbana Village. Several months before house was complete I called to check if WETV was available in our area. The girl didn't know the answer but promised the right person would call back quickly.

Within an hour we did get the return call, girl seemed to understand my question totally and she said in good English WETV will be available in your area within a few weeks and I'll call you back when it's available.

No call, so quite a few weeks on I called again. Next girl spoke good English, checked that she understood my question then said 'sorry, WETV will never be allowed to provide service in your area' and she went on to give me several phone numbers for satellite providers.

I guess disorganized could be an appropriate word.

WE TV finally put their September movie schedule on their website -- on September 3. That's par for the course, unfortunately. Frankly, I figured we wouldn't see it until Monday when it hadn't been updated by the close of business yesterday.

Let's see -- here's what we missed on Channels 17, 18 and 19 Sept 1-3 all because they hadn't updated their website -- Braveheart, Behind Enemy Lines, Spiderman, La Vie En Rose, Blackhawk Down, Ghostbusters, Men of Honor, Vampire's Kiss, Vera Drake, Keeping the Faith, Wedding Crashers, Mona Lisa Smile, The Flintstones, Batman Begins, The Patriot and The Matrix. There was much drek that I didn't even mention. I don't think I would have watched all of these movies, but it would have been nice to know about them.

Come on, WE TV -- you've got some good movie programing -- just let us know about it.

I've sent them emails about this that are totally ignored.

WE TV finally put their September movie schedule on their website -- on September 3. That's par for the course, unfortunately. Frankly, I figured we wouldn't see it until Monday when it hadn't been updated by the close of business yesterday.

Let's see -- here's what we missed on Channels 17, 18 and 19 Sept 1-3 all because they hadn't updated their website -- Braveheart, Behind Enemy Lines, Spiderman, La Vie En Rose, Blackhawk Down, Ghostbusters, Men of Honor, Vampire's Kiss, Vera Drake, Keeping the Faith, Wedding Crashers, Mona Lisa Smile, The Flintstones, Batman Begins, The Patriot and The Matrix. There was much drek that I didn't even mention. I don't think I would have watched all of these movies, but it would have been nice to know about them.

Come on, WE TV -- you've got some good movie programing -- just let us know about it.

I've sent them emails about this that are totally ignored.

Of course your ignored. You're just a Farang in the perfect land full of perfect people and it's all your fault that they can't be efficient enough to supply us with details of movies before they are actually shown. TIT.