British kick-boxer to be extradited to Thailand over murder of US Marine

Lite Beer

Why are all the Brits so argumentative?

Sweeping generalisation. How many Brits have you met and what % of the British population is that? I am a Brit an in my opinion Aldhouse should be brought back to Thailand for trial because this is where the crime was committed. It is up to the courts to decide whether he is guilty or not. There are some fair point being made about British and EU courts allowing this to happen. It does not mean that all Brits agree with this.Please leave out the ' I was a marine for 20 years and we will deal with him' crap. This is not a Hollywood movie script it's reality.

What is the the Aussies call 'em? Whinging something...

It doesn't matter to me whether this Thai boxer wannabe is British or not -- he should be held accountable for what he did in Thailand IN Thailand, not the coddling Brit system. But the Bris had to make it into a Brit thing, so there you go.

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why are all the Brits so argumentative?

Sweeping generalisation. How many Brits have you met and what % of the British population is that? I am a Brit an in my opinion Aldhouse should be brought back to Thailand for trial because this is where the crime was committed. It is up to the courts to decide whether he is guilty or not. There are some fair point being made about British and EU courts allowing this to happen. It does not mean that all Brits agree with this.Please leave out the ' I was a marine for 20 years and we will deal with him' crap. This is not a Hollywood movie script it's reality.

What is the the Aussies call 'em? Whinging something...

It doesn't matter to me whether this Thai boxer wannabe is British or not -- he should be held accountable for what he did in Thailand IN Thailand, not the coddling Brit system. But the Bris had to make it into a Brit thing, so there you go.

The Australians are essentially British, for obvious reasons, but I am not going to get into the POM thing because it has been done to death on here. I have already stated that in my opinion and we are all entitled to our own, he should be tried in Thailand. As for the coddling British system it should be mentioned that the American judicial system was based on this, again for obvious reasons. What do you mean by, 'so there you go'? Where do I go or is that just another dismissive Americanism?

Don't know why you are making this into a Brit thing.

Why on earth anyone would not want someone to be answerable to charges is beyond my comprehension. :blink:

Well are you in anyway familiar with the local justice system?

The word 'justice' doesn't really fit in to a description. :rolleyes:

You're fond of making statement like this, but so far have come up with no evidence whatsoever -- whether anecdotal, empirical, or other -- that there are more innocent people locked up in Thailand than in other country.

Regardless, it is the place the crime was committed and the only place where a trial can take place. There is no alternative, other than letting him go free to (potentially and allegedly) kill someone else.

For the record, is that what you want? And where are the "many" people who feel the same way?

*chirp* *chirp*

I've never once made a statement even close to that there are more innocent people locked up in Thailand than in other country. :blink:

Just agree that you disagree and leave it at that.

Poetic justice, that an American argue about fairness of the justice system.

( Oh I burnt myself on the coffee, I myself ordered and expected to be hot, but now I'll sue McDonalds etc etc )

If Thailand agrees to remove death sentence from possible verdicts, he will be extradited surely.

If Thai jails house more innocent people than anywhere else, its really not the point here.

Aldhouse was/is a person of interest in a murder case, and will most likely be extradited.

As Thai Police seems to have built a strong enough case against him, to persuade the courts in UK.

So its up to the justice system now.

Reason for edit : originally thought it was Starbucks that was sued over hot coffee.

Edited by peterdk

Why on earth anyone would not want someone to be answerable to charges is beyond my comprehension. :blink:

Well are you in anyway familiar with the local justice system?

The word 'justice' doesn't really fit in to a description. :rolleyes:

You're fond of making statement like this, but so far have come up with no evidence whatsoever -- whether anecdotal, empirical, or other -- that there are more innocent people locked up in Thailand than in other country.

Regardless, it is the place the crime was committed and the only place where a trial can take place. There is no alternative, other than letting him go free to (potentially and allegedly) kill someone else.

For the record, is that what you want? And where are the "many" people who feel the same way?

*chirp* *chirp*

OK, one anecdote although not about anything as serious as murder.

My husband and I (a few months after we came here) were involved in a car crash at a 3 way junction - none of the roads had any traffic lights. Unfortunately visibility was obscured as one of the roads to the junction was a small hill.

Our car stopped to check traffic, then moved into first then second gear to turn right. A car coming from the hill was doing god knows what speed, and as we were only in second gear had no chance of avoiding the collision. The other car hit us so hard our car was turned over and pushed (on its side) along the road for about 5 metres and was written off.

The police arrived as the junction was blocked and (to be fair) they were v nice - long story that I won't bore you with. We eventually went to the police station and were suprised to discover that a passenger in the other car was claiming to have been driving..... (who wants to bet that the actual driver had been drinking...).

Long story a bit shorter, the police told us that unless we 'admitted' responsibility the other 'driver' would take us to court.... They made it obvious they knew we were not in the wrong, but still basically told us we would never win.

Justice in action :rolleyes:.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

What do the Americans want, the suspect extradited , charged and tried in Thailand or the USA? Cant think of which would hold the most " Fair" trial. .Not much between them.

Any American with a brain knows he should be tried in Thailand as the US has no jurisdiction in this case. The victim was living in Thailand under Thai law.

• Like 1

Nisa in post #509

"What in the world does that have to do with you being completely unable to back up your claim that he will not receive a fair trial here."

let me quote the forum rules

15) Not to use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of any Thai court of law.

if one is not allowed to criticise Thai legal proceedings or judgements of any Thai court of law then it must either mean the courts in Thailand are perfect

or the laws are designed to hide the truth! I leave it up to you to decide!

As for the girls credibility shel was/is/isn't/wasn't a bar girl all i have to say is that she was a girl who worked in a bar where the owner did not take a % of a girls earnings through a bar fine system! The rest is speculation.

Nisa #553

"Not to mention the fact that UK courts and authorities have already determined he more than likely committed the murder even after his lawyers were able to present a case to dispute evidence presented against him.Not to mention the fact that UK courts and authorities have already determined he more than likely committed the murder even after his lawyers were able to present a case to dispute evidence presented against him."

I have to take issue with you here the UK courts would never offer a judgement stating he more than likely committed a murder, however, they would offer a judgement

stating there is sufficient evidence for the case to be answered!

Nisa #570

"Forensics Police have confirmed that the knife found at the scene was the murder weapon and a report from Vachira Hospital Phuket has confirmed that Mr Longfellow died from the knife wound, Lt Col Anukul said.

More damning evidence is available in the form of CCTV footage of a man closely resembling Mr Aldhouse entering a nearby 7-Eleven convenience store just before the time of the murder and ordering terrified staff to give him knives."

Once again you seem to be missing the point! Where is the evidence that the knife is the one allegedly stolen from 711? The evidence states the knife in the polices possession was allegedly the murder weapon only! (as far as we know)

For me there are three things to consider here in the extradition hearings.

1. The british legal system assumes that everyone else plays by the rules also and it is often left up to the ECHR to put things right.

2. The Thai police and their credibility. when we get a corrupt policeman in the UK all his cases are then reviewed and thrown out, regardless

of guilt, due to his/her/their credibility. When does one ever see this happen in Thailand? It does not and we all know beyond a reasonable doubt that there is no

police corruption in Thailand!

3. The trial, if there is one, will be ....................

We all accept that cases are often won or lost on a technicality in the USA or UK, for instance, and for me the Thai police are a huge technicality whether they are right or wrong in this particular case! We have seen many argue about the "Pit Bull's" past record is relevant evidence: let the past record of the RTP be put up to test also!

Now to the real meat behind this 30 pages of nonsense! The Brits and other English speaking nations have a very peculiar method of communication mostly based

upon jokes and wind-ups! Furthermore, The Brits are a nation of fishermen and like to cast their nets far and wide to see who or what bites and what we have learnt over the years is that there is always something or someone who bites! Isn't there Nisa et al?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Finally, some justice being done.

Yardley kickboxer Lee Aldhouse wins the right to appeal over extradition to Thailand on murder claim

James Cartledge

Feb 17 2012

A BIRMINGHAM kickboxer has won the right to appeal his extradition to Thailand where he stands accused of stabbing a former US Marine to death.

Lee Aldhouse, aged 27, of Yardley, faces a murder charge in south-east Asia after an alleged bar room brawl with ex-serviceman Deshawn Longfellow last August.

Despite Home Secretary Theresa May claiming he had forfeited his right to appeal his extradition, two senior judges ruled his complaints were “far from frivolous” and allowed him to press ahead with his High Court challenge.

Mr Aldhouse became the subject of an international search after the body of 23-year-old Mr Longfellow was found with stab wounds to his chest at a tropical resort in Phuket.

Prosecutors in Thailand have claimed Mr Aldhouse, known as The Pitbull on the kickboxing circuit, had been in a fracas with Mr Longfellow in a nightspot called The Freedom Bar shortly before his death.

The Thai government requested his extradition so he could stand trial on a murder charge and he was later told he would not face the death penalty if found guilty.

However, Mr Aldhouse has argued his extradition should be blocked because conditions in Thai jails breach Article 3 of the Human Rights Convention, which prohibits “inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment”.

In a development described as “Kafkaesque” by a senior judge, Mrs May claimed he should not be allowed to appeal because he had failed to correctly inform the Home Office of his ongoing legal battle.

Mr Justice Ouseley, sitting with Sir John Thomas, found the Home Secretary’s administrative objections should not get in the way of Mr Aldhouse’s appeal.

“Whichever way the issue might go, it is far from a frivolous one”, ruled the judge, who added: “The issues are of sufficient importance and arguability for it to be only just that the appeal be heard.

“Accordingly, we find against the Government of Thailand and Home Secretary on this preliminary issue.” No date was set for the full hearing of Mr Aldhouse’s appeal.

birminghammail.net

1. There simply isn't hard evidence against him.

2. The Prison system in which the Thai government wish him extradited to is... well... it's probably a breach of forum rules to discuss it. :D

• Like 1

Just agree that you disagree and leave it at that.

Poetic justice, that an American argue about fairness of the justice system.

( Oh I burnt myself on the coffee, I myself ordered and expected to be hot, but now I'll sue McDonalds etc etc )

If Thailand agrees to remove death sentence from possible verdicts, he will be extradited surely.

If Thai jails house more innocent people than anywhere else, its really not the point here.

Aldhouse was/is a person of interest in a murder case, and will most likely be extradited.

As Thai Police seems to have built a strong enough case against him, to persuade the courts in UK.

So its up to the justice system now.

Reason for edit : originally thought it was Starbucks that was sued over hot coffee.

There are many cities and many courts in each one.

You can not dam_n a whole system for the decision of one judge.

Most Americans think this was an idiotic verdict too.

So yes we can argue about fairness in courts.

It did in general lower the sitting coffee temperature

in most restaurants from scalding to just very hot.

What do the Americans want, the suspect extradited , charged and tried in Thailand or the USA? Cant think of which would hold the most " Fair" trial. .Not much between them.

Any American with a brain knows he should be tried in Thailand as the US has no jurisdiction in this case. The victim was living in Thailand under Thai law.

Of course. This is perfectly logical.

Some would argue against, solely because of death penalty issues,

but wouldn't have a qualm if he was justly found guilty

and spent 40 years in the Bangkok Hilton.

Yardley kickboxer Lee Aldhouse wins the right to appeal over extradition to Thailand on murder claim

James Cartledge

Feb 17 2012

A BIRMINGHAM kickboxer has won the right to appeal his extradition to Thailand where he stands accused of stabbing a former US Marine to death.

Lee Aldhouse, aged 27, of Yardley, faces a murder charge in south-east Asia after an alleged bar room brawl with ex-serviceman Deshawn Longfellow last August.

Despite Home Secretary Theresa May claiming he had forfeited his right to appeal his extradition, two senior judges ruled his complaints were “far from frivolous” and allowed him to press ahead with his High Court challenge.

Mr Aldhouse became the subject of an international search after the body of 23-year-old Mr Longfellow was found with stab wounds to his chest at a tropical resort in Phuket.

Prosecutors in Thailand have claimed Mr Aldhouse, known as The Pitbull on the kickboxing circuit, had been in a fracas with Mr Longfellow in a nightspot called The Freedom Bar shortly before his death.

The Thai government requested his extradition so he could stand trial on a murder charge and he was later told he would not face the death penalty if found guilty.

However, Mr Aldhouse has argued his extradition should be blocked because conditions in Thai jails breach Article 3 of the Human Rights Convention, which prohibits “inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment”.

In a development described as “Kafkaesque” by a senior judge, Mrs May claimed he should not be allowed to appeal because he had failed to correctly inform the Home Office of his ongoing legal battle.

Mr Justice Ouseley, sitting with Sir John Thomas, found the Home Secretary’s administrative objections should not get in the way of Mr Aldhouse’s appeal.

“Whichever way the issue might go, it is far from a frivolous one”, ruled the judge, who added: “The issues are of sufficient importance and arguability for it to be only just that the appeal be heard.

“Accordingly, we find against the Government of Thailand and Home Secretary on this preliminary issue.” No date was set for the full hearing of Mr Aldhouse’s appeal.

birminghammail.net

2. The Prison system in which the Thai government wish him extradited to is... well... it's probably a breach of forum rules to discuss it. biggrin.png

But the nice Mr. Bout says he prefers the Thais jails to NYC federal lockup.

Maybe Addeledhouse can supena him to come testify for him.

Yardley kickboxer Lee Aldhouse wins the right to appeal over extradition to Thailand on murder claim James Cartledge Feb 17 2012 A BIRMINGHAM kickboxer has won the right to appeal his extradition to Thailand where he stands accused of stabbing a former US Marine to death. Lee Aldhouse, aged 27, of Yardley, faces a murder charge in south-east Asia after an alleged bar room brawl with ex-serviceman Deshawn Longfellow last August. Despite Home Secretary Theresa May claiming he had forfeited his right to appeal his extradition, two senior judges ruled his complaints were “far from frivolous” and allowed him to press ahead with his High Court challenge. Mr Aldhouse became the subject of an international search after the body of 23-year-old Mr Longfellow was found with stab wounds to his chest at a tropical resort in Phuket. Prosecutors in Thailand have claimed Mr Aldhouse, known as The Pitbull on the kickboxing circuit, had been in a fracas with Mr Longfellow in a nightspot called The Freedom Bar shortly before his death. The Thai government requested his extradition so he could stand trial on a murder charge and he was later told he would not face the death penalty if found guilty. However, Mr Aldhouse has argued his extradition should be blocked because conditions in Thai jails breach Article 3 of the Human Rights Convention, which prohibits “inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment”. In a development described as “Kafkaesque” by a senior judge, Mrs May claimed he should not be allowed to appeal because he had failed to correctly inform the Home Office of his ongoing legal battle. Mr Justice Ouseley, sitting with Sir John Thomas, found the Home Secretary’s administrative objections should not get in the way of Mr Aldhouse’s appeal. “Whichever way the issue might go, it is far from a frivolous one”, ruled the judge, who added: “The issues are of sufficient importance and arguability for it to be only just that the appeal be heard. “Accordingly, we find against the Government of Thailand and Home Secretary on this preliminary issue.” No date was set for the full hearing of Mr Aldhouse’s appeal. birminghammail.net
1. There simply isn't hard evidence against him. 2. The Prison system in which the Thai government wish him extradited to is... well... it's probably a breach of forum rules to discuss it. biggrin.png

How do you claim that is justice? And what about the eye witness to the murder. The "tough guy" Aldhouse, picks a fight, he loses. He goes to 7-11 and steals the murder weapon, caught on tape. Waits in hiding and attacks an unarmed man with that knife, killing him. He then runs back to his nanny state and claims his rights may be violated. Sickening! 1zgarz5.gif

Edited by Jimi007
  • Like 1

It is rather naughty of you to try and troll this thread, Mr red green. As i'm sure you know,

the evidence against him is overwhelming and includes;

1) Multiple eye witnesses.

2) Video from the 7/11 security camera

3) his fingerprints on the murder weapon.

1) Multiple eye witnesses.

Incorrect.

There is only one possible claimed witness to the alleged murder, whose reported stories have changed from sleeping through the whole ordeal to seeing a man leaving, and reported quotes almost certainly weren't spoken by her. As so far reported, none of this could be classed as hard evidence in any way.

2) Video from the 7/11 security camera

The alleged murder didn't happen in a 7/11. rolleyes.gif

There is no video footage of the accused at the murder scene.

3) his fingerprints on the murder weapon.

Really? A source to this, or any source that claims the Royal Thai Police even have the accused's fingerprints and/or DNA. Thanks.

Are you going to claim there was no motive next?wacko.png

Mr. Aldhouse won't need anybody to testify for him.

He'll be home with a cup of tea, free as a bird in no time.

And rightly so.

Strange view of things wonder would you have the same comments if it was a friend or family member of yours murdered in thailand

Are you going to claim there was no motive next?wacko.png

Motive?

Plenty of motive (as far as Thailand goes) for many people really. It doesn't take much for Westerners in Phuket to get stabbed at 3 or 4am by all accounts.

The father of the deceased's girlfriend's child for example, who may have had a hurt ego over the mother of his child shacking up with a built, American war hero (I won't mention his race).

As for me 'claiming' anything, I am simply pointing out the actual evidence, or complete lack of as it happens, of the actual crime (murder - not shoplifting from a 7/11).

Thanks.

Really? Have you followed this case from the beginning? Or just making ridiculous statements as you go along?

From the very start.

TBH, I find the talk of 'hard evidence' against the accused as pretty ridiculous.

I haven't seen one report of the Royal Thai Police even having the accused's DNA or fingerprints. huh.png

Not one (credible) witness of the crime (as reported)

A knife which could have come from anywhere.

And altogether zero actual evidence of him being at the crime scene.

Evidence linking the accused to the crime and crime scene is usually important in a crime. No matter how much hysteria and emotions are involved.

Thanks.

Thai law (hahaha) doesnt do DNA , especially when it may clear a foreigner. Not a snowballs chance in hell of any foreigner getting a fair trial in Thailand, Evidence produced at any trial is often so tainted and taken with a a large pinch of salt, but of course when an accused is in Thailand they are stuck with it. and on your 3 evidence comments, very true

"I haven't seen one report of the Royal Thai Police even having the accused's DNA or fingerprints. huh.png

A knife which could have come from anywhere. "

All of these would likely be produced from the preverbial magic hat.

Edited by KKvampire

From the very start.

TBH, I find the talk of 'hard evidence' against the accused as pretty ridiculous.

I haven't seen one report of the Royal Thai Police even having the accused's DNA or fingerprints. huh.png

Evidence linking the accused to the crime and crime scene is usually important in a crime. No matter how much hysteria and emotions are involved.

Thanks.

So, there was fight between the accused and the victim at Freedom Bar that was witnessed my many, there is a video of the accused stealing a knife from the 7-11 just down the road from Freedom Bar and an hour or so later the victim, whom according to those who witnessed the fight kicked Lee Aldhouse's ass, who started the fight. He then ran as fast as he could out of Thailand and back to the safety of his nanny state not claiming his innocence, but claiming his rights will be violated by a Thai jail... Sorry, but I hope this loser does end up back here to face trial...

As myself and a few others have stated from the beginning : He is never going to get extradited, so get over it.

As long as he remains in prison, I am somewhat over it. Accused killers always seem to have more rights than their victims it seems...

From the very start.

Thanks.

He's guilty as h*ll. The evidence is there, that's why he ran home. He's even on video at the start of his crime. You are clearly just a stirer and can't be taken seriously.

Kick him back to Thailand and let him pay for his crime.