British kick-boxer to be extradited to Thailand over murder of US Marine

Lite Beer

Of course. This is perfectly logical.

Some would argue against, solely because of death penalty issues,

but wouldn't have a qualm if he was justly found guilty

and spent 40 years in the Bangkok Hilton.

40 years?

The average murder sentence in Thailand for a Westerner who murdered another Westerner is 2 1/2 to 3 years, going on recent murder cases, I see this has also been pointed out in this thread.

That was a hypothetical number about death penalty protestors not caring about.

It said nothing at all about actual Thai sentence terms.

Your estimate is Thai on Thai violence, not farangs.

But there will be pressure brought to bear to not have just a hand slap on this one.

Clearly your whole aim is the defend Aldhouse,

and apparently excuse his crime, or at least denigrate the ability to convict him.

Your bias is apparent.

Edited by animatic

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What continually comes back to me is the sheer incompetence of the Thai Police to allow him first to escape from Phuket, then from Thailand into Cambodia through a border checkpoint.

Those demanding 'justice' would be better served looking at the reasons how and why he escaped so easily in the first place.

What motivates that bias, one is prompted to conjecture. Projection? Being an associate of the accused? A real concern about the Thai justice system? A belief in this guy's innocence? If the latter, based on what?

Of course. This is perfectly logical.

Some would argue against, solely because of death penalty issues,

but wouldn't have a qualm if he was justly found guilty

and spent 40 years in the Bangkok Hilton.

40 years?

The average murder sentence in Thailand for a Westerner who murdered another Westerner is 2 1/2 to 3 years, going on recent murder cases, I see this has also been pointed out in this thread.

That was a hypothetical number about death penalty protestors not caring about.

It said nothing at all about actual Thai sentence terms.

Your estimate is Thai on Thai violence, not farangs.

But there will be pressure brought to bear to not have just a hand slap on this one.

Clearly your whole aim is the defend Aldhouse,

and apparently excuse his crime, or at least denigrate the ability to convict him.

Your bias is apparent.

• Like 1

It does sound as if the guy is guilty and should serve his 'time' in Thailand as where this is where the crime occurred.

But reading hysterical posts from Americans does nothing but 'get up the nose' of those from other countries who have seen what transpired in the OJ case, Amanda Knox case etc. etc.

In other words, most people would prefer him to receive a fair trial and then (if proven guilty - which seems likely), serve his sentance in Thailand. But the USA is hardly a beacon for 'reasoned debate' or fair trials.

Are you going to claim there was no motive next?wacko.png

Motive?

Plenty of motive (as far as Thailand goes) for many people really. It doesn't take much for Westerners in Phuket to get stabbed at 3 or 4am by all accounts.

The father of the deceased's girlfriend's child for example, who may have had a hurt ego over the mother of his child shacking up with a built, American war hero (I won't mention his race).

As for me 'claiming' anything, I am simply pointing out the actual evidence, or complete lack of as it happens, of the actual crime (murder - not shoplifting from a 7/11).

Thanks.

Really? Have you followed this case from the beginning? Or just making ridiculous statements as you go along?

And attributing racist thoughts as he see fits.

I can't see how this is doing Aldhouse any good.

Maybe it's time to dial back the steroids.

It does sound as if the guy is guilty and should serve his 'time' in Thailand as where this is where the crime occurred.

But reading hysterical posts from Americans does nothing but 'get up the nose' of those from other countries who have seen what transpired in the OJ case, Amanda Knox case etc. etc.

In other words, most people would prefer him to receive a fair trial and then (if proven guilty - which seems likely), serve his sentance in Thailand. But the USA is hardly a beacon for 'reasoned debate' or fair trials.

You take one limited exception OJ, and one that took place in Italy,

and then pretend that is the only level of justice found in USA.

You likely watch too much FoxNews and TV movies, methinks.

I've sat jury duty in NYC and we gave totally fair weighing of the facts,

full airing and a balanced decision based on them.

You clearly don't know the reality only the tabloided impression.

Edited by animatic

No, actually I made that post as I was tired of the hysterical over-reaction from Americans who were going over-board about this one low-life - whilst not realising that miscarriages of justice are prevalent everywhere, including the USA.

What motivates that bias, one is prompted to conjecture. Projection? Being an associate of the accused? A real concern about the Thai justice system? A belief in this guy's innocence? If the latter, based on what?

I was thinking that. Friend or family?

The evidence is there,

Of him being at the scene of the murder through video, CCTV or witness? (not the barworker who was first reporting that she slept through it, then whose reports were that she saw a male leave through a smashed glass door, then was 'quoted' in native speaking English) ?

Of him being linked to the murder scene through DNA or fingerprints?

Can you supply a link please?

Thanks.

Please remember that there isn't a request for extradition on shoplifting charges.

We have to conclude that nobody involved in this thread (so far) can provide one report of hard evidence linking the accused to the murder or murder scene. :(

I guess he stole the knife to help his girfriend peel the carrots for dinner then. Still no reply on your association with the accused, nor why you think he may be innocent.

The evidence is there,

Of him being at the scene of the murder through video, CCTV or witness? (not the barworker who was first reporting that she slept through it, then whose reports were that she saw a male leave through a smashed glass door, then was 'quoted' in native speaking English) ?

Of him being linked to the murder scene through DNA or fingerprints?

Can you supply a link please?

Thanks.

Please remember that there isn't a request for extradition on shoplifting charges.

We have to conclude that nobody involved in this thread (so far) can provide one report of hard evidence linking the accused to the murder or murder scene. :(

Believe what you wish. Neither your beliefs nor mine will affect the legal outcome, unless perhaps you're appearing as a character witness, or were an eyewitness. It seems you are neither. Just another Joe with an opinion. ;-)

I guess he stole the knife to help his girfriend peel the carrots for dinner then. Still no reply on your association with the accused, nor why you think he may be innocent.

Please quit dreaming. I have never said I am associated with the accused, or whether I think he is innocent or guilty.

I have asked for actual evidence of him being at the crime scene or committing the crime.

There is none. :rolleyes:

He will be convicted for Pre-Meditated murder and will spend his time in a Thai Prison and rightfully so. Could not beat the Yank in a bar fight so stabbed him to death later.

I think the point is where will he be tried. If the Thai's fail to extradite him there may be a problem to try him in the UK?

Glad you accept you have less evidence of his innocence than there is circumstantial evidence of his guilt. Let the court decide. The rest is opinion.

Believe what you wish. Neither your beliefs nor mine will affect the legal outcome,

Absolutely, I'm glad the penny has dropped.

The legal outcome will be reached through legal proceedings, be it through the extradition of the accused being refused (almost a 100% certainty), or trial.

Should it be the latter, actual evidence of the accused being at the crime scene or committing the crime should be vital (except that TIT).

There is no evidence of this, yes?

No, actually I made that post as I was tired of the hysterical over-reaction from Americans who were going over-board about this one low-life - whilst not realising that miscarriages of justice are prevalent everywhere, including the USA.

Yes, they are but we should argue against them happening EVERYwhere also.

I am hardly hysterical by the way, disgusted fits though.

Glad you accept you have less evidence of his innocence than there is circumstantial evidence of his guilt. Let the court decide. The rest is opinion.

'Evidence of innocence', that would be zero hard evidence linking him to the crime or crimescene? Pretty large that.

And I hate to break it to you, but a court won't decide, he'll soon be at home with his feet up and the case will rightfully never be heard.

I was under the impression that it was a foregone conclusion that regardless of where his trial is heard, it will be decided by a court. It is for murder.

And I beg to differ, the case will be heard.

...If anybody has any evidence of the accused being at the murder scene it would definitely be interesting to see it.

Thanks.

A link to Longfellow's gf's account of the murder in the Phuket Gazette:

http://www.phuketgaz...rticle9088.html

Also some links to Thai news sources giving more info on the incident:

Siangtai Daily

Khomchadleuk

Phuket Post

...If anybody has any evidence of the accused being at the murder scene it would definitely be interesting to see it.

Thanks.

Also some links to Thai news sources giving more info on the incident:

Siangtai Daily

Khomchadleuk

Phuket Post

I hope this satisfies you 'red1green0' as you dont seem to know much about the case or what happened if you are asking for proof. It's quite overwhelming from what I have previously seen and the links above. Personally the scumbag deserves everything the law gives him. I hope it's in Thailand.

Thanks.

The 'quotes' attributed to her are blatantly a native English speaker.

The publication cannot even spell her name consistently in one short article... Please.

I think if "Ms Oi's" statement has been taken and recorded by the police, it really doesn't matter who attributed the 'quotes' to her in the news article.

Looks very much like an eye witness to me. Or do you think she would be bias because she watched her boyfriend being stabbed to death in front of her?

It would be a sad day for justice if this guy was guilty and got off on technicalities.

It would also be a sad day for justice if the wrong person got convicted for this crime.

I hope for the sake of justice enough evidence can be found to convict the person who murdered this US marine, who ever it was.

It would be a sad day for justice if this guy was guilty and got off on technicalities.

It would also be a sad day for justice if the wrong person got convicted for this crime.

I hope for the sake of justice enough evidence can be found to convict the person who murdered this US marine, who ever it was.

It was a sad day when the incompetent and corrupt Thai Police let him escape.

IMO, he appears to be 'guilty as hell'. The USA wants him as well, what is his excuse for not to be extradited to the USA?

Forensic evidence could be gotten from the 2 knives.

How did he leave Thailand without a passport? Was he a dual national or did he have a forged one?

They have a video of this guy stealing 2 knives from the

7-Eleven store

just before the murder.

[Thai authorities have his passport and say they are confident they will catch him soon as he is running out of money.]

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/15697575

IYHO. Let the real courts decide, based on the evidence presented to them, not the snippets available to us. The publically available circumstantial evidence, however, doesn't look good for the accused. Since you agree our opinions count for zero, it seems incongruous that you keep pushing yours. Flogging a dead horse? Thanks.

IMO, he appears to be 'guilty as hell'. The USA wants him as well, what is his excuse for not to be extradited to the USA?

Forensic evidence could be gotten from the 2 knives.

How did he leave Thailand without a passport? Was he a dual national or did he have a forged one?

They have a video of this guy stealing 2 knives from the

7-Eleven store

just before the murder.

[Thai authorities have his passport and say they are confident they will catch him soon as he is running out of money.]

http://news.sky.com/...rticle/15697575

Is there an extradition warrant issued by the USA - if not why does he need an excuse.

Though the US has the legal jurdistiction to do this and the burden of proof to extradite to the US is far less than that for Thailand - basically they just have to ask for him - I would be unsure they would want to do that as they would need to try him based on the possibly compromised evidence of the Thai police.

I think if "Ms Oi's" statement has been taken and recorded by the police,

Which statement, slept through it, got up to see a man leave, saw the whole thing with a Yorkshire accent?

Ok folks, don't reply to the troll. He was another member under suspension and created a duplicate account in order to troll.

As myself and a few others have stated from the beginning : He is never going to get extradited, so get over it.

As long as he remains in prison, I am somewhat over it. Accused killers always seem to have more rights than their victims it seems...

He will probably stay in UK jail for awhile, but I'm convinced that none of our "civilized" countries will extradite us back to a place that is known for corruption, unfair trials and medieval prison conditions. I do agree that if he is guilty he needs to be in prison.