Breakfast In Pattaya

nahpets2011

The problem with a lot of these places in and around Soi Bukhoa / LK Metro & Soi Diana is the lack of parking facilities if you're in a car.....

One of the advantages of living within walking distance. I'm all of 3 minutes stroll from there.

That's true but also many disadvantages of living round about there too, noise for a start, plus it stinks of shit round about there.....

JH

Soi B is very high on the stink factor meter.

It is also dangerous to walk along the soi.

But more and more action is moving in this area and it is much more competitively priced than the Beach side and Walking St.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's true but also many disadvantages of living round about there too, noise for a start, plus it stinks of shit round about there.....

The trick is to find a quiet dead-end soi near Soi Buakow/2nd Rd/3rd Rd, not on them.

My place is very quiet and apart from these last two days I've not noticed any bad smells over the last year. After the flooding, of course, everywhere stinks, and open drains always smell, no matter where you are.

Sausages make or break a good English breakfast and the Pig & Whistle on Soi 7 has had better than average sausages for years, thus garnering my vote as a stable good breakfast. I don't vote on price so I don't chase Bt59 deals like Crazy Daves but I guess the vast improvement in meat in Pattaya over the last few years means more places can offer quality bangers, but it will have to be at a price, as they are not cheap.

<br />
<br /><i>The problem with a lot of these places in and around Soi Bukhoa / LK Metro & Soi Diana is the lack of parking facilities if you're in a car.....</i><br />
<br /><br />One of the advantages of living within walking distance. I'm all of 3 minutes stroll from there.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I'm 10-15 mins walk from there, but a lot of these places are still worth it.

I had the Large English BF at Le Katai today - 150 baht and very filling, even if sausages are not top notch.

Other things I noticed were the staff are very good, orange juice is real OJ plus you get 30 mins free internet access after yr meal- bargain !

Simon

Sausages make or break a good English breakfast and the Pig & Whistle on Soi 7 has had better than average sausages for years, thus garnering my vote as a stable good breakfast. I don't vote on price so I don't chase Bt59 deals like Crazy Daves but I guess the vast improvement in meat in Pattaya over the last few years means more places can offer quality bangers, but it will have to be at a price, as they are not cheap.

I like the Pig & Whistle too.

Good food and good service.

More expensive than other places but you get what you pay for.

I like the Pig & Whistle too.

Good food and good service.

More expensive than other places but you get what you pay for.

Yes, the staff at Pig & Whistle very good, a few of them have been there for many years.....

JH

I like the breakfasts at the Golf Club on LK Metro, particularly the Wentworth. It passes the sausage test and there are no beans (beans with bacon/eggs is so wrong) and comes with good toast and proper coffee. Only 140 baht all in. The only downside is the clubby golf-bore atmosphere.

For the price, I don't think you can beat SeaSide restaurant, which is just a few doors East of

Canterbury Tales, on Soi Chaiyapoon:

Their "Full House" breakfast includes 2-eggs, sausage, 2-3pc bacon, potatoes, 2pc toast w/jam, orange juice and coffee or tea.

The price recently increased from 80-Bt and is now 90-Bt. Still a very inexpensive and decent breakfast.

Sit outside or inside in the A/C section.

For the price, I don't think you can beat SeaSide restaurant, which is just a few doors East of

Their "Full House" breakfast includes 2-eggs, sausage, 2-3pc bacon, potatoes, 2pc toast w/jam, orange juice and coffee or tea.

The price recently increased from 80-Bt and is now 90-Bt. Still a very inexpensive and decent breakfast.

Their "Full House" breakfast is a joke, i had to order 2 of them and still only had bacon enough for 3 bites,

meaning i had to get a real breakfast an hour later.

Not very different from other so called breakfast's tho, but still beats me why anyone would ever bother with such a joke for a meal

I hate English and American breakfast and all that calories :bah:

But would love to find a place that serve healthy Scandinavian breakfast , if it exists in Pattaya ?

Edited by balo

To me breakfast isn't a serious meal. It's stomach filler for COFFEE. Serious chefs disdain breakfast. Anyway, about once every five years I feel like some American style PANCAKES. The fancy kinds with fruits, fillings, the works. I wonder why someone doesn't open a tropical resort style pancake house in town. But anyway, is there a place that does that here, and well; otherwise, I'd rather sleep later.

I hate English and American breakfast and all that calories :bah:

But would love to find a place that serve healthy Scandinavian breakfast , if it exists in Pattaya ?

Try the Danish hotel in soi Buakhao, can't remember the name.

Many good breakfast to be had on Naklua road area, German restaurants. Bie Gerhard serves a very good German bf at 150 bath, cold cuts, man thats good.

Their "Full House" breakfast is a joke, i had to order 2 of them and still only had bacon enough for 3 bites,

meaning i had to get a real breakfast an hour later.

Not very different from other so called breakfast's tho, but still beats me why anyone would ever bother with such a joke for a meal

I have eaten at the Seaside 2 at this location but never a breakfast. Their portions are always very generous and I have a hard time believing their breakfasts are not the same. I suggest you try the Lek or Apex breakfast buffets in future if you are still hungary after 2 "full house"| breakfasts.

(beans with bacon/eggs is so wrong).

You must be joking - always need to have the beans there to add a bit of colour and some moisture to a fried breakfast - the more the better I say - especially piled on top of some fried bread :o

sounds good

charlie

It think the UK pension fund administrators must have encouraged the english full (fried) breakfast with the fried bread! Over time it should take many years off a healthy life :whistling: and ensure pension payments will continue for many more years with the increased mortality. Having beans to "add color" is a great idea but maybe red roses and a defibrilator would be more practical.

Edited by gerry53

You must be joking - always need to have the beans there to add a bit of colour and some moisture to a fried breakfast - the more the better I say - especially piled on top of some fried bread :o

sounds good

charlie

It think the UK pension fund administrators must have encouraged the english full (fried) breakfast with the fried bread! Over time it should take many years off a healthy life :whistling: and ensure pension payments will continue for many more years with the increased mortality. Having beans to "add color" is a great idea but maybe red roses and a defibrilator would be more practical.

Do you want to live forever? A good big breakfast is worth dying for!

Do you want to live forever? A good big breakfast is worth dying for!

I have some other accomplishments I want to achieve before I die so I'll skip the "full english" brekkie (except 4 days a month). They are only rentals anyway and only stay with us 1 - 2 days. Actually some of my accomplishments seem to be rentals also ;) .

Casa Pascal also do various waffles and omelettes etc. to order, included in the buffet. Special teas too.

But did you pay 175 or 187.50?

This place is all hype and they serve very mediocre slop IMO,

one look at the huge whales sitting around stuffing their faces is a dead giveaway.

The omelets are cooked in solid grease and the little cubicle where the nasty little bits of cold cuts are laid out

is not impressive in the least, nor is the limited thai food offered.

Tried to like this place the few times I've eaten there but seems the same old sad regulars are ever present and one guy had such bad body odor it nearly killed me , it sure knocked out my appetite , funny thing is he was being called "Rocky" by the other group of slobs he was dining with.

Best breakfast ?

I'd say the Continental for the muesli with fresh fruit and yogurt is a healthy choice but the owner must be a royal cheapskate as the aircon is never on cool and too many smokers sitting on the outside veranda.

Best English breakfast may be The Sportsmen on Soi 13 , not a cheapie meal but always well prepared.

Casa Pascal also do various waffles and omelettes etc. to order, included in the buffet. Special teas too.

one look at the huge whales sitting around stuffing their faces is a dead giveaway.

The omelets are cooked in solid grease and the little cubicle where the nasty little bits of cold cuts are laid out

Tried to like this place the few times I've eaten there but seems the same old sad regulars are ever present and one guy had such bad body odor it nearly killed me , it sure knocked out my appetite , funny thing is he was being called "Rocky" by the other group of slobs he was dining with.

Best breakfast ?

I'd say the Continental for the muesli with fresh fruit and yogurt is a healthy choice but the owner must be a royal cheapskate as the aircon is never on cool and too many smokers sitting on the outside veranda.

Best English breakfast may be The Sportsmen on Soi 13 , not a cheapie meal but always well prepared.

Good to find at least one Thai member here with taste. Yes, Pascal was as bad as that other hyped place in Jomtien Plaza.

Sportsman probably is the best in Pattaya but the best in my mind is still in the West. :) The imagination some places show has never been matched in most of

Asia as imagination is not a strong value here.

Best breakfast ?

Your biased opinions on Casa Pascal and the negative remarks on their clientel suck. It serves decent food, good value in a nice atmosphere. Did you run out of Prozac or have you always been this sweet mouthed?

sounds good

charlie

Take it you have never worked on a building site in the middle of winter, try a poncy muesli before setting foot on site and see how far you get, wouldnt make it to the first tea break.

Nothing wrong with this type of food, provided you can work it off, not suited to those who work in an office, for those who lead an active life style, rabbit food is not an option.

When was the last time you indulged yourself in a black pudding sannie? go on admit it, you know you want to, lashings of HP sauce, sure beats the heck out of one of those healthy life style choices they sell in M&S.

sounds good

charlie

Take it you have never worked on a building site in the middle of winter, try a poncy muesli before setting foot on site and see how far you get, wouldnt make it to the first tea break.

Nothing wrong with this type of food, provided you can work it off, not suited to those who work in an office, for those who lead an active life style, rabbit food is not an option.

When was the last time you indulged yourself in a black pudding sannie? go on admit it, you know you want to, lashings of HP sauce, sure beats the heck out of one of those healthy life style choices they sell in M&S.

Why are you POMs so obsessed with your food ???? I'll pass on the black pudding "sannie" - I think they are going to have to send a bunch of american teachers over to your little island to teach you proper english :D .

Edited by gerry53