Jet Ski Scam Pattaya When Will It Stop

saintofsilence

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked like they were using the doctors photos as I saw a the guy with the long blond maine of hair and giant chain return with prints.

Months ago, I personally watched a lady on the beach (Soi 11) with a computer downloading the photos and manipulating them.

A crowd of the jet ski thugs gathered around and were amused at her handiwork.

Edited by pauljones

The beach is totally out of control with the scams everywhere again yesterday and today no law enforcement anywhere . Three Indian Guys rented jet ski's at soi 11 they drove careful and kept apart from each other.

When they come in the scammers grabbed two of them and showed photo's which would have been manipulated the scammers got aggressive making threats and threatened one friend who was videoing the scam.

Anyway not sure what happened but they were kept on the beach a long time.

How much hope does a tourist have when he is up against a

1 manipulated photo's

2. indian and farang guides who makes out they working for police.

3.Threats and intimidation by a drunken bunch of thugs who will attack you with the first object hey get in there hand

4. No safety measures in place for tourists to Pattaya

5. Corrupt Police.

6. Call centers and tourist police who wont respond.

7. A Town Hall that makes promises of new regulations and safety measures but then does absolutey nothing.

8. Every Jet Ski Vendor in Pattaya is in on this they work as big group and support each other.

Edited by saintofsilence

Report Today On Pattaya Future Facebook

Another Indian Tourist was assaulted and punched in the face by the group at Soi 11 at approx 4.30 this afternoon he had just finished renting a jet ski. This is because you have not enforced regulations on these operators and Pattaya City Hall should take responsibility.

http://www.facebook.com/PattayaFuture

Edited by saintofsilence

Slowly it is becoming an unwelcoming place for tourists.

Some few years back there were huge cane umbrellas permanently fixed on Jomtien beach.These were perfect for folks coming with their own beach towels or beach chairs.A whole family could comfortably sit under one large umbrella.

They were also perfect for walkers along the beach as when not in use you could actually SEE the beach and the sea..

But nobody made any money from these well thought out beach free facilities..

Jomtien now???

the beach should be free of deck chairs unless required.

In all seaside resorts in England I visited years ago the deck chairs were only given to buyers who wanted them.Otherwise they were kept in a large pile.Empty deck chairs were regularly collected as the vendors would lose their licence.

The jet ski scams are no problem for me as I never use them and would be happy to see the end of them.

Edited by 4.real

Wretched people do wretched things.

Every single one of the people who are scammed will go home and tell people about it. Then those people probably won't come here, or at least won't rent jet skis. Some will post on the internet, warning others, and some will only have bad, horrible things to say about Thailand and especially Pattaya. All of which will be deserved.

While the mob bosses may make a lot of money now, there will come a time when they won't make any from this scam, and the scammers will still be dirt poor, and the bosses may be poor too. But most of all, they all will still lead wretched lives and live a horrible, pathetic, existence. I get solace knowing this.

On the flip side, any moron who watches multiple scams happen right in front of them and STILL rents a jet ski, probably deserves to be scammed.

Phoned the tourist police again.

They pick up, then hang up without speaking.

The tourist police are often useless. I've personally tried calling them several times on different occasions, and I know many people who have done the same, and either they don't answer, say they can't help, or just hang up. Truly pathetic.

Most of the foreign ones can't even speak Thai, so they are of no use either if someone needs to them help translate during a situation.

Edited by Tokay

Phoned the tourist police again.

They pick up, then hang up without speaking.

The tourist police are often useless. I've personally tried calling them several times on different occasions, and I know many people who have done the same, and either they don't answer, say they can't help, or just hang up. Truly pathetic.

Most of the foreign ones can't even speak Thai, so they are of no use either if someone needs to them help translate during a situation.

I sincerely hope you are using public phones and NOT your home phones or mobiles.......

I hope that one day a group of young foreign guys will gather, and decide to teach the Thais a lesson and kick their butts. That would get some attention in the world press.

Of course that could happen, but the foreigners would go to jail! Even though lots of us want to, none of us should sink to their level. One fine day, however, they will scam a Russian mafia type :) Until that day I can only ask: How many minutes in one hour? That would get some press.

Edited by Awohalitsiktoli

The Pattaya Jet Ski Scam Still Going Strong

Interesting to see that some of the people in these pictures are still doing exactly the same thing that they were back in March one particular man with floral shorts stands out and works opposite soi 11 where some indian tourists have been assaulted recently.

http://thailandlandofsmiles.com/2011/05/14/pattaya-jet-ski-scam-still-going-strong/

Edited by saintofsilence

The scene I saw yesterday was really sickening.

The jet ski guy was yelling at the tourists and they were being surrounded by the beach thugs, intent on robbing these tourists.

For every report you see here, there are probably a hundred more that go unreported.

I walk the beach almost every day and once in a while I do not see a scam. About 90% of the time, I do see it happening.

It's much more common to witness a robbery on the beach than not when taking a walk.

I would not be surprised if they have killed tourists and covered it up.

The scene I saw yesterday was really sickening.

The jet ski guy was yelling at the tourists and they were being surrounded by the beach thugs, intent on robbing these tourists.

For every report you see here, there are probably a hundred more that go unreported.

I walk the beach almost every day and once in a while I do not see a scam. About 90% of the time, I do see it happening.

It's much more common to witness a robbery on the beach than not when taking a walk.

I would not be surprised if they have killed tourists and covered it up.

I have had the same thoughts as you Paul and now and again reports pop up of unidentied body found in bay , I have also read that the media are advised not to do follow stories .

Just go to the beach any day and you will never see any law enforcement around areas such as soi 11 or near royal garden these are protected areas for the scammers .

Yesterday I saw 4 lots of robberies they were tourists from India only walked the beach once it's almost asbad now as it was last year.

Every year, Chonburi's elite toast fugitive Kamnan Poh, known as the godfather of Chonburi.

The former mayor was sentenced in absentia in 2006 to five years and four months in prison for corruption involving the sale of a forest reserve for use as a garbage dump.

Local administrative officials have attended a party to celebrate the birthday of fugitive Somchai Khunplome, father of Pattaya Mayor.

The Pattaya Mayor, son of Kamnan Poh, oversees the resort town on the east coast of Thailand where tourists are being defrauded and attacked, daily, in broad daylight, on Pattaya's garbage strewn beaches lined with illegal businesses, drug dealers, gangs and hookers.

It is estimated the Pattaya Beach Gangs are taking 300,000 from tourists each day.

Edited by pauljones

Putting the dots together with a bit more resesarch and you may find connections with TAT and have reason to question if connections control the whole country .

It may also explain why complaints of jet Ski scams to TAT have gone unanswered.

This issue needs to be taken on as a National concern it may have more impact if central government pursue it and not close their eyes.

Edited by saintofsilence

Plenty of scams going on again today Soi 11 and Soi 13 short guy Mr Floral Shorts with colours in the hair shorts {see pic in post 176) involved again but he also travels on a bike between the different scam areas to intimidate tourists , also they are still using a foreign person to help scam and showing photo's.

Plenty of scams going on again today Soi 11 and Soi 13 short guy Mr Floral Shorts with colours in the hair shorts {see pic in post 176) involved again but he also travels on a bike between the different scam areas to intimidate tourists , also they are still using a foreign person to help scam and showing photo's.

he is a busy guy the one with the fancy hair and big neck chain. I have lots of pics of him on the beach