Britain charges six in connection with suspected terror plot

News_Editor

Britain charges six in connection with suspected terror plot

2011-09-26 06:08:51 GMT+7 (ICT)

BIRMINGHAM (BNO NEWS) -- British police charged six men on Sunday in connection with a suspected plot to carry out a series of suicide bombings in the United Kingdom, officials said. A seventh man is still being questioned.

The men, all from Birmingham, were arrested a week ago as part of a major operation carried out by the West Midlands Counter Terrorism Unit. Police said the operation was pre-planned and intelligence-led, but few details were released.

Those arrested and charged in connection with the suspected plot have been identified as 30-year-old Nasser Irfan, 26-year-old Khalid Irfan, 26-year-old Ali Ashik, 25-year-old Ahmed Rahin, 28-year-old Ali Bahader, and 32-year-old Rizwan Mohammed.

According to police, both Nasser Irfan and Khalid Irfan had the intention of committing acts of terrorism within the United Kingdom. They are both accused of traveling to Pakistan for training in bomb, weapons and poison making. They are also both accused of making a martyrdom film and planning a suicide bombing campaign.

Ashik also faced similar accusations but did not travel to Pakistan, although he did allegedly learn about making explosives and detonators. Rahin is accused of assisting others travel to Pakistan for terror training and collecting money for terrorism.

Nasser Irfan, Khalid Irfan, Ashik and Rahin were all charged with Engaging in Conduct in Preparation of Terrorist Acts. Bahader was charged with Information About Acts of Terrorism and Entering Into a Funding Arrangement for the Purposes of Terrorism. Mohammed was only charged with Information About Acts of Terrorism.

Other details about the alleged terror plot were not immediately released. The seventh suspect, a 20-year-old man who was arrested on Thursday, remains in police custody and is being questioned. Officers have until Thursday to charge, release or apply for a further warrant of detention.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-09-26

So they went to Pakistan for training in murder. It's indeed a mystery why the U.S has anything to do with them and an even bigger mystery why the UK seems so keen to increase links with Pakistan as Cameron's recent visit seems to show. I'm sure the immigration from a hostile culture which hates ours will continue unabated though. :annoyed:

I'm sure they will be described as nice young men, very devout and all that, wouldn't hurt anyone etc.

That's religion for you.

No, that's political correctness gone mad.

The guys won't have much to worry about even if convicted, serve half the time they get from a court ! And if innocent no doubt get compo from the government lol

I'm sure they will be described as nice young men, very devout and all that, wouldn't hurt anyone etc.

That's religion for you.

No, that's political correctness gone mad.

Do you write editorials for the Daily Mail? :ph34r:

I presume you don't like the Daily Mail and the views it prints then laugh.gif

The owner, Lord Rothermere, said in 1933:

"The minor misdeeds of individual Nazis would be submerged by the immense benefits the new regime is already bestowing on Germany."

They haven't changed a lot since. :lol:

The owner, Lord Rothermere, said in 1933:

"The minor misdeeds of individual Nazis would be submerged by the immense benefits the new regime is already bestowing on Germany."

They haven't changed a lot since. :lol:

And this is not off topic??

hahaaa

That was until they started going to Friday prayers at the community center (sic) and were lead astray by an Iman who was preaching there, all at taxpayers expense. <_<