Best Internet Package In Chiang Mai

limegreenpatato

Hey, i'm looking at getting internet for my house. Just wondering whats the best package is around here. Im looking at 3bb and True. True's cable internet looks the best...but when the surveyer comes out tomorrow im guessing he will tell me there's no service in my area.

In terms of speed which one is the best? Ive heard alot of the time in thailand you can buy the faster package and it ends up being just the same speed as the lower package.

thanks

Im using a USB Dongle (D-Link) on a DTAC EDGE connection and its great 199 baht for 70 hours. Plus i can travel anywhere in Thailand that can receive a mobile phone connection.

I often connect to the internet while i am on the CNX to BKK vip bus.

Streaming video is slow though. But there are 3g services from other providers which are fast for video.

Tried all of them as well here, and now I'm pretty happy with True.

TOT, worst thing I've ever seen in terms of information, communications and billing.

3BB is equally hopeless but their service is more readily and their "premier" package gives a real good latency to international servers.

True is the most cost effective and the most reliable as of now in my opinion. I'm using 50Mbps and I always get that speed within Thailand, and about 20Mbps internationally. You can also get "double play" on their cable system now with True Visions cable and you pay less for the internet.

Tried all of them as well here, and now I'm pretty happy with True.

TOT, worst thing I've ever seen in terms of information, communications and billing.

3BB is equally hopeless but their service is more readily and their "premier" package gives a real good latency to international servers.

True is the most cost effective and the most reliable as of now in my opinion. I'm using 50Mbps and I always get that speed within Thailand, and about 20Mbps internationally. You can also get "double play" on their cable system now with True Visions cable and you pay less for the internet.

cool, is that the cable package?

from what i've been told by my friend, everyone says true is shit. and 3bb is the best. But so far from this thread.....it seems everyone likes something different. no real clear cut answer i guess!