Land Valuations

Jobo

5-10K per wah in a mooban.

Depends VERY much on which moo baan. In the one where I rent a house it is closer to 25K per talang wah.

/ Priceless

In Chiangmai?

Of course; Think Ban Nai Fun, or the new Koolpunt development that's on the superhighway, so very close to town. And it depends on the amenities they put in; they're not all alike. Official developer's price where I live is 15K. And for some far away derelict developments the price may even be a little less than 5K.

Is it that high now, really? I wouldn't pay that and i actually live there. My wife will be pleased to hear it anyway. Nothing special about the development IMO but the security is much better than average and the neighbors are very good and communicate often with each other. i think we've got at least 20 Thai doctors in there.

Of course; Think Ban Nai Fun, or the new Koolpunt development that's on the superhighway, so very close to town. And it depends on the amenities they put in; they're not all alike. Official developer's price where I live is 15K. And for some far away derelict developments the price may even be a little less than 5K.

High end development on Mahidol road: 35k. FWIW

Inside moo baan, if it's a new moo baan, way more expensive than outside a moo baan or in an old / ancient moo baan.

In that area, about 4000 a wah, 8 million baht for the 5 rai plot, if the good paper.

Thanks very much. Title is Nor Sor Sam which is as good as Chanote I believe.

No it isn`t.

Nor Sor san is agricultrual land that was given to the poorer communties by the Government some years ago. The are special rules applied here that the land must be used for agricultrue within a certain time. 2 years I think and there are restrictions as to what maybe built on the land.

It can still be converted into Chanote.

First the land office has to visit, measure the whole plot again and lay down cement post markers.

Usually it will transpire after measuring that the land will be less than 5 rai, probably by a third, hopefully less.

Once all this has been completed, then you can go to the land office and upgrade to chanote, the red paper.

In that area, about 4000 a wah, 8 million baht for the 5 rai plot, if the good paper.

No it isn`t.

Nor Sor san is agricultrual land that was given to the poorer communties by the Government some years ago. The are special rules applied here that the land must be used for agricultrue within a certain time. 2 years I think and there are restrictions as to what maybe built on the land.

First the land office has to visit, measure the whole plot again and lay down cement post markers.

Usually it will transpire after measuring that the land will be less than 5 rai, probably by a third, hopefully less.

Once all this has been completed, then you can go to the land office and upgrade to chanote, the red paper.

Don't forget the waiting of possibly several years. NSS is usually designated as having true boundaries within 20% of those described. The difference may accrue to your benefit or may be subtrated. You just don't know generally when you start the process.

The Land Department has been reluctant to do this since the first Thaksin administration for 3 reasons. 1) They've got practically no budget. 2) A lot of land upgrades (which generally happen area wide have been held up because Thaksin cronis have tried to sneak so much forest land into the chanote upgrade process. 3) They never know who will be leading the government next year and they don't want to do anything that will upset their new masters. Consequently they've been doing nothing.

No it isn`t.

Nor Sor Sam is agricultrual land that was given to the poorer communties by the Government some years ago. The are special rules applied here that the land must be used for agricultrue within a certain time. 2 years I think and there are restrictions as to what maybe built on the land.

I think you're confusing NSS with many of the government land reform schemes which attempt to upgrade property that falls under the domain of the Forest Department and switches it to being under the domain of the Land Department. Those land reform schemes all require some form of agricultural use, but there can be other uses as well, including building a home or resort.

NSS is under the domain of the Land Department and has no such agricultural attachments. It DOES have undefined (not finalized anyway) borders however and if purchasing it one should assume they'll eventually end up with 20% less land than is represented. If building a house there, use common sense and don't built it too close to the assumed boundary line. It is non- divisable without title upgrade.

Edited by serenitynow

Oh is that so?

i want to sell some land but have no idea of it's true market value.

Of course we were puzzled how and when a non Thai can own a land? So what is wrong with our comment then, Smart Alec!!!

I guess I touched a nerve. In his first month of participation veryruay has the heretofore unobserved distinction of engaging in name-calling on the Chiang Mai Forum, which is against the Forum rules. Large, bold, and red fonts are also bad netiquette.

Jai yen-yen. :)

You can check with Google Maps / Google Earth pretty easily that it's roughly the size you're paying for. We've only [purchased Chanote land so far, but even in that case it's worth having a look from above..

No you can't, because the boundaries that are represented to you may change in the future. What is far better is to get your neighbors together and agree both in writing and with film documentation where the borders shall be, Those may change also but it's alot better being on the same page with the neighbors. After you do this call up the land department for a GPS survey which they will produce a map from. This does not have force of law but is one more piece of documentation to bolster your boundary case when title upgrade eventually comes. All this can be a headache and take years to get done, That's why price needs to be discounted from Chanote a great deal. Even if it were Chanote I think the valuations quoted earlier are still too high, but of course I haven't seen it.

Oh, one more thing. Not much groundwater in that area.

Edited by serenitynow