Can The Mrs Send Money To My Account In The Uk

My Thai wife wants to send some money back to my account in the UK from her account in Thailand. I've read that she needs to give a reason for sending money out of the country. Can she just say that she is putting money in her husband's account?

Do they use the ISBAN number for transferring money internationally. Is it a reliable way to send money?

Thanks in advance

Most unusual to see funds flowing in that direction !

It might be worth looking at why you want funds to transfer from THB to GBP. The normal mode of transfer would be via SWIFT and I am sure that 'transfer to husband' would be sufficient. IBANs are only for European use, you would need the SWIFT code for your UK bank (plus usual account details).

Have you considered getting her to transfer to your Thai bank account. You have said that you are looking to come to Thailand permanently and this would save transfer costs.

Can say its for family support on the form,

I stand to be corrected by thought the ISBAN number was UK/Europe only.

Guess she would be doing SWIFT transfer and all she needs is the bank account name/account number and the SWIFT code for the branch, and to keep the amount from flagging keep it below $10,000....:whistling:

It might be worth looking at why you want funds to transfer from THB to GBP. The normal mode of transfer would be via SWIFT and I am sure that 'transfer to husband' would be sufficient. IBANs are only for European use, you would need the SWIFT code for your UK bank (plus usual account details).

Have you considered getting her to transfer to your Thai bank account. You have said that you are looking to come to Thailand permanently and this would save transfer costs.

Hi cardholder, I've taken a lot of money out of my account during this recent trip to Thailand. I forgot to leave enough to pay off my credit card bill :(

Hi cardholder, I've taken a lot of money out of my account during this recent trip to Thailand. I forgot to leave enough to pay off my credit card bill :(

Been there, done that :).

Joking apart, if it is a one-off and not a huge sum, I am happy to transfer the money from my UK account to your UK account once your missus puts the Thai baht into my Thai account. No transfer costs. The money will be in your UK account a minute after I know the Baht is in mine.

Two requirements:-

1. You have to trust me.

2. We have to agree a notional exchange rate.

Been there, done that :).

Joking apart, if it is a one-off and not a huge sum, I am happy to transfer the money from my UK account to your UK account once your missus puts the Thai baht into my Thai account. No transfer costs. The money will be in your UK account a minute after I know the Baht is in mine.

1. You have to trust me.

Thanks for the offer cardholder, I should be OK

Going to the bank will give us an excuse to get out of the house :)

1. You have to trust me.

No problem. I normally help friends in the UK by doing the reverse - they pay into my UK bank and I transfer from Kasikorn bank to their relatives bank account.

The offer remains if you hit any snags.

1. You have to trust me.

No problem. I normally help friends in the UK by doing the reverse - they pay into my UK bank and I transfer from Kasikorn bank to their relatives bank account.

And the 3rd requirement on behlf of the OP......assurances you are not Nigerian....:D

1. You have to trust me.

And the 3rd requirement on behlf of the OP......assurances you are not Nigerian....:D

There would have to be six zero's on the transaction if I was Nigerian !!:)

1. You have to trust me.

There would have to be six zero's on the transaction if I was Nigerian !!:)

A real con man only asks a little the first time......next time in for the kill.............

There's always Western Union. It will cost a bit more than a bank transfer (though I don't know if it would from Thailand) but it's immediate and they operate weekends and outside bank hours.

Also, your Mrs can make sure she's happy with the exchange rate before commiting.

If it's regular payments, then Bangkok Bank have their international Funds transfer service. Once your wife has an account she can print the 2-page application form from the bank's website, complete it with your banks address, IBAN and SWIFT code and then go to any branch. She could stipulate any one or more of the following reasons - education, family support, gift, donation, personal/living/travel expenses. This service lasts one year (until it must be renewed) and the main advantage is that the transfers can be done online at any time thereafter, so it's quite convenient.