Asus Transformer 2

Tywais

The Transformer 2 is now expected to be released by the end of year and the rumors of a delay are not correct. Looks like a very nice device though the expected price will be around $500.00 versus $400.00 for the Transformer 1. Some info below.

Will be based on the Tegra 3 5 core and up to 1.5 GHz/core processor though suspect the Transformer will use lower frequency for power optimization. The info on the link shows a significant reduction in power use from the Tegra 2.

Tegra 3 specs:

Processor: Quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore, up to 1.5 GHz (fifth, low-power transistor 'Companion' core limited to 500 MHz)[18]

12-Core Nvidia GPU with support for 3D stereo

Ultra Low Power GPU mode

40 nm by TSMC

Video output up to 2560x1600

NEON instruction sets from ARM

1080p H.264 High Profile video decode

The Kal-El chip (CPU and GPU) is to be about 5 times faster than Tegra 2[19]

Estimated release date is now to be Q4 2011 for tablets and Q1 2012 for smartphones

OS will be Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) which is scheduled to be previewed on the Android developers channel.

Transformer 2 On Way, Android Ice Cream Sandwich End of Year

The Android faithful might be interested in this little piece of news from Asustek’s CEO Jerry Shen, as The boss of Asus has stated that reports of the Asus Eee Pad Transformer successor, the Transformer 2 being delayed are false and the next generation Android tablet is still on schedule.

According to an article over on Slash Gear by way of DigiTimes, not only did Shen allay fears that the Asus Eee Pad Transformer 2 would be delayed, the CEO also says that Android 4.0, or otherwise known as Android Ice Cream Sandwich will arrive by the end of the year.

It has previously been rumoured that the Asus Eee Pad Transformer 2 would be released this month, however that was just unconfirmed rumour, while specifications for the Android slate are sketchy but it is rumoured the slate will pack the new Kal-El quadcore processor, again unconfirmed, but Shen says the T2 will have a price point of $499 US.

As for Android Ice Cream Sandwich, we recently ran a poll on Phones Review asking our readership which operating system they wanted the most, ICS or iOS 5, and the results proved to be overwhelmingly Ice Cream Sandwich at on last checking, 323 votes for ICS and 126 votes for iOS.

Source

• 5 weeks later...

Here is an update.

Thanks for that info. That's unfortunate that it is not showing the Tegra 3 model as available. That would have been an ideal kit and one I would like to buy. :(

Also, see Invadeit was asked to pull it from the site as being premature.

Conflicting information regarding Tegra.

First Nvidia Tegra 3 Launching With Asus Transformer 2 On November 9

While old news confirms that the first Nvidia Tegra 3 is launching with the 10-inch Asus Eee Pad Transformer 2 tablet, it has recently come to notice that the both the tablet and Nvidia new generation chip are going to arrive on November 9. Though Nvidia hasn’t announced an official date for its release of the first Tegra 3 chip but Asus did for its Transformer 2 tablet which is supposedly run on a Tegra 3 chip. Nvidia’s co-founder and CEO Jen-Hsun Huang has confirmed that the Tegra 3 chip will be officially called Kal-El.

Crazyengineers

Which one would your choose "Tywais" the tranformer 2 or the slider?!?

Otherwise, you are correct a Malaysian friend told me earlier today that the transformer 2 will be on sale within two days in Kuala Lumpur, the slider is already in the shops.

Unlimited free cloud storage on both model is also a great advantage.

As soon the wound on my leg will get better -still too scary to walk in dirty water- I will be off for a visarun to K.L. cool.gif

Most likely the Transformer 2 as the weight of the slider seems to be an issue due to the built in keyboard. A dockable keyboard, at least for me, is a better choice as I wouldn't need it all the time but convenient to have available. Will need to wait for full post release reviews to decide.

Most likely the Transformer 2 as the weight of the slider seems to be an issue due to the built in keyboard. A dockable keyboard, at least for me, is a better choice as I wouldn't need it all the time but convenient to have available. Will need to wait for full post release reviews to decide.

jap.gif