Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in Pak Kret, and nearly 2 weeks ago we got flooded. The water is finally started to decrease (maybe a drop of 10 cms or so) in my village. So if we can extrapolate, we can expect the water to rise stablise then drop over a period of 2 weeks. I would say it will take another two weeks to drain significantly. On the eastern side it would seem more unpredictable though as it depends on whether the sluice gates are opened and to what degree. My area is mostly open rice fields so there isn't too much impeding flow.

If every one could update this map of thier own areas and journeys- it should help all know exactly the state of play ..

now on facebook too:

apps.facebook.com/bkkflood/

or

as-int.com/flood/

and this one as it seems to be one of the ones that Thais are using as well.

http://www.gamling.org/

Anybody care to post a screen dump of the gamling site? (I can't see it as I don't have an FB account)

Thai PBS TV has an english broadcast starts daily around 8:40 p.m.. They have a Professor who they say has been quite accurate, does a flood map

analysis of greater Bangkok. Tonite he said it will reach jatujak and lad prao in about 3 more days. Not positive but I think he said height about 50cm.

Can someone give me an update on Nonthaburi please, my gf lives on 6 Soi Tansamrit 14, Tiwanon road. She says she is ok, but I think she is being generous as I have current health issues and she does not wish to put me under any more stress. Had to cancel my flight in November due to these issues.

Would really appreciate the feedback.

Parts of Nonthaburi are under water, especially the west side of the Chaophrya. However, a good chunk of Pakkred is still dry. Tiwanond is on the east side of the Chaophrya. Not sure where soi 14 is, but it's possible it's just a minimum of flooding depending on how close to the river she is. I am further east behind Central Plaza Chaengwattana and it is bone dry. However, go a few more kilometers past Klong Prapa and the reports are the road is closed.

That's good news. Say can you tell me if it's possible to get from Muang Thong Thani, going along Changwattana, turning left up onto Tiwanon, then going to Rattanatibet road? Is that stretch dry?

Yes, no problem yet, But to be sure you take Bondstreet( Domino buildings) so you avoid pakkret.

If every one could update this map of thier own areas and journeys- it should help all know exactly the state of play ..

now on facebook too:

or

as-int.com/flood/

Anybody care to post a screen dump of the gamling site? (I can't see it as I don't have an FB account)

Go to www.gamling.org. You don't need a Facebook account. You'll need to be able to read a little Thai. The tags give a time stamp like 53 minutes ago or 4 hours ago. Pictures are sometimes included.

now on facebook too:

or

as-int.com/flood/

Go to www.gamling.org. You don't need a Facebook account. You'll need to be able to read a little Thai. The tags give a time stamp like 53 minutes ago or 4 hours ago. Pictures are sometimes included.

Well, FB account or no, all I see is a small drop shaped symbol and a white page. A screen dump will be very kind..:wai:

now on facebook too:

or

as-int.com/flood/

You do not need a facebook account to look but if you want to add items then you do need a facebook account.. If you use Google Chrome you can translate. it works well.

gamling screen dump.bmp

Can someone give me an update on Nonthaburi please, my gf lives on 6 Soi Tansamrit 14, Tiwanon road. She says she is ok, but I think she is being generous as I have current health issues and she does not wish to put me under any more stress. Had to cancel my flight in November due to these issues.

Parts of Nonthaburi are under water, especially the west side of the Chaophrya. However, a good chunk of Pakkred is still dry. Tiwanond is on the east side of the Chaophrya. Not sure where soi 14 is, but it's possible it's just a minimum of flooding depending on how close to the river she is. I am further east behind Central Plaza Chaengwattana and it is bone dry. However, go a few more kilometers past Klong Prapa and the reports are the road is closed.

That's good news. Say can you tell me if it's possible to get from Muang Thong Thani, going along Changwattana, turning left up onto Tiwanon, then going to Rattanatibet road? Is that stretch dry?

You should still be able to enter Muang Thong from the Chaengwattana entrances as the Pakkred side of CW is still dry.

Can anyone tell me about the chances of Suvarnabhum airport being flooded, or if not the actual airport, the roads around that would allow one to leave the airport direction Hua Hin?... Sorry if this has already been discussed on a previous page!

I have friends coming on 8th and 9th November, and need to know whether they will be able to get from the airport down to Hua Hin... Husband keeps saying 'Toll Roads will be fine' but friends are being advised back in the UK to cancel their flights!!!

am overseas but was able to speak to the missus on the phone earlier today - about 8pm BKK time - she said the water has risen from knee height (last friday) to waist level (today) inside the house. (Ram Indra soi 19 Tharaeng)

she also said that electricity was still on in the area.

that's not good

anybody any updates for that area - much appreciated

Paddybkk

Yes, no problem yet, But to be sure you take Bondstreet( Domino buildings) so you avoid pakkret.

Thanks thats good to know. I don't need access there yet, but maybe when my shool is supposed to open on the 15th. My house is in Pak kret but got flooded 2 weeks ago. I'm now out of town. I think that part of pak kret and Tiwanon must be more elevated too + the levee put along the klong prapa too.

You should still be able to enter Muang Thong from the Chaengwattana entrances as the Pakkred side of CW is still dry.

Thanks, won't dare access from the other side:)

Busiest thread so: What/who/where best organisation to direct contributions via my site, business links and facebook etc?

Mods please move as appropriate but I can't find any specific thread and looking for most 'efficient' set up to channel aid.

Ta.

Thai PBS TV has an english broadcast starts daily around 8:40 p.m.. They have a Professor who they say has been quite accurate, does a flood map

analysis of greater Bangkok. Tonite he said it will reach jatujak and lad prao in about 3 more days. Not positive but I think he said height about 50cm.

Yes, I caught last night's segment. His name is Assoc. Prof. Seree Supratid MD Sirindhorn Internaltional Environment Park and he comes displaying many different flood maps (attached). The first map quaintly shows water coming in from the North and Northwest as trains, with each car holding how much water? How long is that train, exactly? How unstoppable are these trains?

The second map focuses on northern Bangkok, Ramintra area with the recent flooding and that's where he stated Lad Prao in ... that would be only 2 1/2 days, now, The question now is where is it going to flood more than where is it now flooded.

post-120659-0-70556600-1320190157_thumb.

post-120659-0-53285200-1320190184_thumb.

Edited by MaxYakov

Can anyone tell me about the chances of Suvarnabhum airport being flooded, or if not the actual airport, the roads around that would allow one to leave the airport direction Hua Hin?... Sorry if this has already been discussed on a previous page!

I have friends coming on 8th and 9th November, and need to know whether they will be able to get from the airport down to Hua Hin... Husband keeps saying 'Toll Roads will be fine' but friends are being advised back in the UK to cancel their flights!!!

At this point nobody knows. Water may even get as high as the elevated expressway, if the conditions are right.

Bangkok Tide Charts

http://www.pattayadivers.com/bangkok-tide-charts/

this one is acurate little more cause the 1 given in thailand live is not working times are all wrong

Thanks for posting this.

Can you explain what the levels take as reference point? I see high tides going over 3m. 3m above what?

Average sea level? Is ASL 0m?

At this point nobody knows. Water may even get as high as the elevated expressway, if the conditions are right.

How are things around Watcharaphon Tom? Bang Khen has been told to ecavuate. Are you still at home? If you are can you do me a huge favour? Please go down Ruam Mit Phatthana and have a look at Noble Geo Village which is on the left just pass the small canal that crosses the road..

The management sent us an sms saying village is flooded but didn't say by how much.

Best of luck to you.

Bangkok Tide Charts

http://www.pattayadi...ok-tide-charts/

this one is acurate little more cause the 1 given in thailand live is not working times are all wrong

Thanks for posting this.

Can you explain what the levels take as reference point? I see high tides going over 3m. 3m above what?

Average sea level? Is ASL 0m?

think will be the ASL but not know for sure at what point, as i read it would be at the mouth of the Chao Phraya River

I'm sure that by the time they get here things will start looking up. I think your hubby's right saying expressways won't be flooded (or affected).

Life still goes on you know, esp. in central Bangkok and I'm sure the 'refugee towns' are brimming with activity as well. Cancelling flight at this point seems a bit late. If SUV airport ever closes, they'll probably divert the plane to Kuala Lumpur anyway and Malaysia is quite nice as well.smile.gif

I don't think it will come to that though.cool.gif

The airport is still dry, but impossible to say how it will be a week from now.

I flew out yesterday (November 1st) on a dry and sunny day, but plenty of water 5 miles north of the airport.

post-119133-0-71397500-1320200471_thumb.

post-119133-0-00796300-1320200521_thumb.