Shops Running Out Of Products

JimSiam

i suggest you read back over the thread

i and others like RabC have contributed loads of tips, reports and locations to get supplies but few want to listen or pay attention to whats offered

on Saturday afternoon i posted this picture (below) of a huge stack of water for sale in Central Pattaya

i deliberately left out the location.

you know what?

not one single person on or off Thaivisa has asked me where it is!

so much for serious problems and people taking it seriously.......

Where is this water please?

if you are serious PM me please

i am not in a terribly helpful mood with the other folk on this forum........

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on Saturday afternoon i posted this picture (below) of a huge stack of water for sale in Central Pattaya

Yes, I saw it. We had as well a few messages about water bottles in Central.

you know what?

And it's quite a good sign as well. It means they are not dying :)

Anyway I think things are slowly back to normal, a lot of people returned to Bangkok and it seems the government imported a lot of things and tried to synchronise the big retailers to deliver to the shops.

Let's hope we are heading to the end of this.

Yes, I saw it. We had as well a few messages about water bottles in Central.

you know what?

And it's quite a good sign as well. It means they are not dying :)

Anyway I think things are slowly back to normal, a lot of people returned to Bangkok and it seems the government imported a lot of things and tried to synchronise the big retailers to deliver to the shops.

Let's hope we are heading to the end of this.

not central festival shopping centre pattaya

the vicinity of central pattaya............

I never remember the name of this shop.... The spring water bottles I saw on Saturday were at the shopping center located in the ground floor of Central Festival... No idea the name of it :)

About the bottles you saw, I don't know were it was exactly, I don't remember you told about it...

I never remember the name of this shop.... The spring water bottles I saw on Saturday were at the shopping center located in the ground floor of Central Festival... No idea the name of it :)

About the bottles you saw, I don't know were it was exactly, I don't remember you told about it...

its called Tops

its in the basement of the Central Festival Centre on beach road/second road

the bottles you saw were an Australian spring water brand

you are right, i did not say where that stock of bottles in the picture was

no one asked for three days and then only one asked when i pointed out no one had asked

people are so desperate for stuff Huh?

its called Tops

And like I post earlier, some bottles from Singapore and Italy as well. I noticed 3 different brands this day.

no one asked for three days and then only one asked when i pointed out no one had asked

I take it for a good sign, they are not dying and they obviously find their water per themselves. Good news, isn't it?

For those that are interested, I just came back from Friendship Suoermarket 5pm, seemed fully stocked, even had plenty of eggs (jingjing) B40 for 6, freezers, meat, veg, bread, cheese and butter, well everything really.

I am just trying to put at ease people that might just be flying out.

To the <deleted> walking around in the store without your shirt on, please we don't want to see your <deleted> tattoo's, show respect to the Thai people. I wanted to take him to task, but he was bigger than me lol, looked a bit Neanderthal. So I thought I'd be a keyboard warrior instead

For those that are interested, I just came back from Friendship Suoermarket 5pm, seemed fully stocked, even had plenty of eggs (jingjing) B40 for 6, freezers, meat, veg, bread, cheese and butter, well everything really.

To the <deleted> walking around in the store without your shirt on, please we don't want to see your <deleted> tattoo's, show respect to the Thai people. I wanted to take him to task, but he was bigger than me lol, looked a bit Neanderthal. So I thought I'd be a keyboard warrior instead

i am very sorry to have caused offense bartender

i will consider myself told and put my shirt on next time...........

Edited by timekeeper

i am very sorry to have caused offense bartender

i will consider myself told and put my shirt on next time...........

Actually he looked a bit like you my coo ca choo.

Alvin Stardust stayed at a hotel I was managing a few years ago, really nice chap

its called Tops

And like I post earlier, some bottles from Singapore and Italy as well. I noticed 3 different brands this day.

I take it for a good sign, they are not dying and they obviously find their water per themselves. Good news, isn't it?

I wonder why they're importing water into Pattaya from these far flung countries when there's a perfectly good local supplier in Rayong?

I wonder why they're importing water into Pattaya from these far flung countries when there's a perfectly good local supplier in Rayong?

This is an excellent question.

But maybe they imported Spring Water , not drinking water?

To be honest most of the locals here have no problem finding water. I still have my weekly delivery for our cooking water (big bottles, drinkable 6 litres water. ). The problem is mostly about the brands we usually find in the big retailers, and I presume it's this kind of bottles they imported?

Edited by vediovis

This is an excellent question.

But maybe they imported Spring Water , not drinking water?

To be honest most of the locals here have no problem finding water. I still have my weekly delivery for our cooking water (big bottles, drinkable 6 litres water. ). The problem is mostly about the brands we usually find in the big retailers, and I presume it's this kind of bottles they imported?

Believe it or not, we in Bangkok have started receiving bottled water at 711 from a company in Chonburi.

Believe it or not, we in Bangkok have started receiving bottled water at 711 from a company in Chonburi.

Good ! I'm very happy you can find water in 7/11 there. I was telling myself it could be more difficult to find drinking water in the center of Bangkok than in the suburb of Pattaya because the number of independent drinking water makers.

The best news is we really seem to be heading out of penury.

Called into my local 7-11 today to top up the phone. they had eggs, bread, crisps, toilet tissue and other items previously unavailable.

Maybe it is slowly getting back to some sort of order.

I noticed stacks of sacks of rice on Soi 1 Pattaya Klang heading towards the Shagwell.

For those who need a reminder of how relatively good things are... be sure to stop by the Pattaya Redemptorist School/Center behind Big C Extra on Central Pattaya Road. It recently opened its doors to special needs kids from all over the country fleeing the floods (mostly because many of these kids don't function so well in the crowded mainstream flood refuge centers), in many (seems like most though) cases also their guardians. It's a bit crowded, and you'll see plenty of young men and women with all kinds of special needs. If you even have a few ounces of 'nam jai,' you'll likely do a u-turn and go back to Big C and buy goods to donate.... and I'd wager that you'll also complain a bit less about how hard it is to find eggs or mineral water right now.

:)

Edited by Heng

For those who need a reminder of how relatively good things are... be sure to stop by the Pattaya Redemptorist School/Center behind Big C Extra on Central Pattaya Road. It recently opened its doors to special needs kids from all over the country fleeing the floods (mostly because many of these kids don't function so well in the crowded mainstream flood refuge centers), in many (seems like most though) cases also their guardians. It's a bit crowded, and you'll see plenty of young men and women with all kinds of special needs. If you even have a few ounces of 'nam jai,' you'll likely do a u-turn and go back to Big C and buy goods to donate.... and I'd wager that you'll also complain a bit less about how hard it is to find eggs or mineral water right now.

Like what kind of stuff do they need? I'm sure the last thing they want is a bunch if stuff dumped in them that they don't need.

Like what kind of stuff do they need? I'm sure the last thing they want is a bunch if stuff dumped in them that they don't need.

They need the same kind of dry goods that most folks can use. It's unlikely that any donations wouldn't be used. Some of the more useful items are sanitary napkins for women, UHT milk, just about any canned food... basically think consumer goods that can be stacked and stored. Large crowds of people can always use more trash bags, tissue paper, plenty of folks apparently have brought babies along so anything that babies use.... diapers, baby formula. Just have a visit if you have free time and resources to do this kind of thing.

I suppose some less useful items would be fresh fruits and veggies, fresh meat.... but even then, I'm sure they would be stored and used to the best of their ability.

Becareful what you wish for.

One local supplier has been filling up the small 600ml bottles with chlorinated tap water. I'll address the issue tonight when I revisit my local Thai restaurant where they charged me 30 baht for 2 bottles of this vile "drinking water".

Becareful what you wish for.

One local supplier has been filling up the small 600ml bottles with chlorinated tap water. I'll address the issue tonight when I revisit my local Thai restaurant where they charged me 30 baht for 2 bottles of this vile "drinking water".

Delboy & Rodders, Peckham Spring Water leaps immediately to mind..........

post-45550-0-10784100-1320316697_thumb.j

Edited by timekeeper

Pattaya has plenty local water suppliers, but apparently, there is a national shortage of bottles! One of the major bottle factories is apparently flooded.

This is the case at Marine water on NPW; they have water to refill if you have empties but no new bottles (for new customers). Luckily, I stocked up at the start of the crisis so can get my refills.

Edited by FarangBuddha

Crisis? what crisis?

You can buy Soda in cases everywhere. 24 bottles (~400cc), 115 per case.

Nam Pao? They have these "reverse osmosis machines" everywhere. 10 Baht > 10 litres

Today in Macro, they had some pallets of "drinking water", but only the small bottles.

And, the more important thing, Macro got a fresh delivery of beer...(Cheers in my case) :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, I visited Macro with motosai today, so only two packs could be bougth.

But tomorrow...:D, I go with car.....

There are big differences in the supply chain, between 7/11 and Lotus express (which I never liked)...

The Lotus near my house has nothing....everything sold out and not restocked.

The 7/11, ~200 m the Soi up, had drinking water in bottles, (but limited to only six bottles per customer, and unknown brand), all sorts of beer, mama soup, canned fish, etc.pp....

In other words....same as before the flood crisis.

Shame on the Lotus Express supply chain/logistics :annoyed:

There are big differences in the supply chain, between 7/11 and Lotus express (which I never liked)...

The Lotus near my house has nothing....everything sold out and not restocked.

The 7/11, ~200 m the Soi up, had drinking water in bottles, (but limited to only six bottles per customer, and unknown brand), all sorts of beer, mama soup, canned fish, etc.pp....

In other words....same as before the flood crisis.

Shame on the Lotus Express supply chain/logistics :annoyed:

One 7-11 near me laid off the staff. Now 1 manager and 1 helper working there.

Shelves almost empty again now after a delivery the other day.