Anyone With Experience Using Ford In Phetchaburi

patekatek

I have been shopping for the new ford ranger and since I have a townhouse in Chonburi, I checked the local Ford dealer here. But, because we have started building a new house in Kaeng Krachan area, we stopped and talked to the Phetchaburi Ford dealer. I was impressed with the looks of the business itself and the fact that the owner of the dealership took the time to talk with us about the new ranger. So, has anyone done business with this dealer or had service done there?

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Before, I owns a Ford Escape, bought this in Phuket, where the service was ok, but I moved, the same as you, to the Keng Krachan area, and bring the car for service and maintenance to Ford in Hua-hin and later to Petchaburi. My experiance by both was very bad. Very high prices and bad service. One of the reason for don't buying a Ford anymore.

With regards,

Peter.

Hello,

Before, I owns a Ford Escape, bought this in Phuket, where the service was ok, but I moved, the same as you, to the Keng Krachan area, and bring the car for service and maintenance to Ford in Hua-hin and later to Petchaburi. My experiance by both was very bad. Very high prices and bad service. One of the reason for don't buying a Ford anymore.

With regards,

Peter.

Thanks,Peter. I bought a Toyota PreRunner instead. I look forward to moving to Kaeng Krachan in about 4 months, when the house is complete. I really like this area. Cool breeze, quiet, very little traffic, etc.

Is KK actually a decent sized town with some bars and restaurants? I've never been there but was under the impression that it was mainly a village or two beside a (national?) park with a good sized dam. Friends have told me the golf course is good.

KK is really laid back. Very small town with no bars. Lots of various eating places around the south side of the lake. However, I don't think I would trade our building site for any other in Thailand. Quiet, breezy, cool (especially right now) and scenic. I have heard that the fishing in the lake is pretty good. I can't verify this as of yet but I did bring some Fenwick rods with me from the States and will give them a try when our house is done in about 3 or 4 months.

I drove to the golf course the other day and it looks great. Not sure about the cost because it was late when I was there.

We are building a mile north of 3499 approximately a mile south of the entrance to the Kaeng Krachan Country Club. I bought a 34 rai chunk of land when visiting the area in January/Feb of 2011, had it cleared and now building on it.

• 3 weeks later...

I can say "We bought a New Ford ranger Wildtrack 2.5 ltr diesel From Srinakarin road in Bang Na close to Seacon square.I can tell you we took it back 4 times to get things fixed that They didn't do right.The car it's self handles like a dream and I thought sticks to the road much better than the Toyota .We ordered orange leather seats and they put vinal on.Bad luck for them I had a leather business for 20 years.So after talking to the owner of the business who was very helpful(everybody else was very polite but must have thought I was a dumbshit ) everything was fixed.My worry is if you can't trust them with things I can see "how can I trust them with things I can't see"

Can any body tell me anything good bad or ugly about the dealer in Chumpon or Hua Hin Or Any place at all???Only needs a service every 15000KM.We live in Bangsaphan .North of Chumpon but happily would tour any place In Thai to get a service we can Trust.

Thanks