Isara City Hotel Mini Review

4evermaat

Didn't see anything on the internet, so I figured someone else may be thinking about where to stay.

560 baht/night, no deposits and no known discounts, so paying only for 1-2 days at a time is advisable. Private parking for car. No breakfast included. Queen size bed w/ extra long bench someone else could lay down also. Air cond (check when you first go in the room). Western toliet with the poop spray and shower has lots of strong hot water. They do have WiFi included, along with cable tv which is a big plus. Some people smoke in some of the rooms....so would have to check to ensure they air out the room properly, which they are usually good about doing. Room is cleaned daily and you will get a phone call about 11am if you have not paid for the next day already. Otherwise, they leave you alone. No noise problems.

One negative is that you do not get a room key. They have runners that run you to your room. They are really good about taking your bags and opening your door quickly. Turns out in practice not to be much of a problem. Just lock your door on your way out :). Another negative is some of the rooms they won't allow the windows to be open. Something to do with some customers ran off without paying or something along those lines.

It's about 20-30 baht motorbike ride from Wong Wien Yai BTS station. Isara hotel is on Soi 14 (i think) near the corner of the street parallel to and behind Robinson shopping mall. Soi 14 has a Family Mart at corner; Isara hotel is on the opposite side half of soi 14 If you were in front of the Robinson in a car, you would continue straight one way to the first light, make left, then make an immediate left onto the next street. Before you get to the big roundabout (that could bring you back to Robinson), you'll see Family Mart on Left. Isara Hotel is on right, about 50 meters into Soi 14. There is a fat guy who makes some good thai food on the same corner. I've ordered vegetarian fried rice from him before and even bring some of my own vegetables. And he can make it "jay" (vegetarian....no fish/meat sauce or flavoring)

It's about 80 baht taxi ride to either Siam Paragon, MBK, Pantip, or Rama 2 with NO traffic. add 20-30 baht if there is traffic, which is hit/miss even during off-peak hours. in peak hours going to Siam Paragon, sometimes it is better to take BTS / tuk-tuk combo.

Overall, I think it is good value for the money, considering the location. We didn't check everywhere, but I wasn't able to find one cheaper where we did check that accepted foreign guests. There was another hotel somewhere nearby for about 700 baht/night. Never stayed, but I think the amenities are similar.

• Like 1

I'm sorry. It is Soi 12, not soi 14. Everything else above is accurate. Phone #s: 02-861-4898, 02-437-2871, 02-437-6865 . The reception desk is open from 07:00- 22:00 give or take, but you can always call. Here is a self-interpretation of my GF's pronunciation of the address:

495 Isara-pap Rd, Soi Isara-pap12,

Quang-Sum-Det-jou prat-ya

Ket Krong-san, Grung-tep (Bangkok), 10600

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

This sounds like a love hotel?

Im not against them, somr of best value in Thailand - but canyou clarify that?

Hookers in the bldg? Curtains covering the car parking...

Thx

I have no idea what you are talking about. No visible hookers anywhere in that area and the parking lot was open (no curtains). It's actually more of a hotel vs guesthouse in that they have a phone in the room. They will call you around 11am to make sure you are checking out if you have not paid for another day:) I have stayed there repeatedly with my gf and now son/daughter; never a problem. They can fill up on fri/sat or a major holiday, and they rarely take reservations unless you prepay. Always clean and honest as far as I can tell, and no-haggle 560 baht/night. The location is pretty good to get to Wong Wien Yai BTS, or Pahurat (พาหุรัด) / Yaowarat ถนนเยาวราช (china town) via Bus or tuk tuk. I've seen guesthouses charge 800 baht and not have hot water. I think there is another hotel somewhere close by for 700-1000/night with a slightly better arrangement in wong wien yai. Don't remember the name.

In that area of bangkok, I do not know where p4p type of company is. I'm sure it is around, but I do not know where.

Edited by 4evermaat

This sounds like a love hotel?

Im not against them, somr of best value in Thailand - but canyou clarify that?

Hookers in the bldg? Curtains covering the car parking...

Thx

I have no idea what you are talking about. No visible hookers anywhere in that area and the parking lot was open (no curtains). It's actually more of a hotel vs guesthouse in that they have a phone in the room. They will call you around 11am to make sure you are checking out if you have not paid for another day:) I have stayed there repeatedly with my gf and now son/daughter; never a problem. They can fill up on fri/sat or a major holiday, and they rarely take reservations unless you prepay. Always clean and honest as far as I can tell, and no-haggle 560 baht/night. The location is pretty good to get to Wong Wien Yai BTS, or Pahurat (พาหุรัด) / Yaowarat ถนนเยาวราช (china town) via Bus or tuk tuk. I've seen guesthouses charge 800 baht and not have hot water. I think there is another hotel somewhere close by for 700-1000/night with a slightly better arrangement in wong wien yai. Don't remember the name.

In that area of bangkok, I do not know where p4p type of company is. I'm sure it is around, but I do not know where.

I did like the no key response.

'they have runners for you' 'no problem, just lock the door on the way out'

Bit <deleted> pointless locking your door if reception holds the key aint it????

This GF of yours...............did she stay the whole hour??

Bit <deleted> pointless locking your door if reception holds the key aint it????

I usually lock my room door if I leave stuff in there. I've seen other variations of this, where the hotel will ask you to leave your key at the front desk when you go out. The reception always has some sort of master key anyway for all of their rooms, don't they?

If you see any p4p, you can post it here and show where it is. Gf usually come with me from another province when we stay in bangkok for a few days and we go back home together.

I would suggest when you have time to go and check the place out for yourself. Then you can share your experience here or start a new thread. Edited by 4evermaat

I usually lock my room door if I leave stuff in there. I've seen other variations of this, where the hotel will ask you to leave your key at the front desk when you go out. The reception always has some sort of master key anyway for all of their rooms, don't they?

If you see any p4p, you can post it here and show where it is. Gf usually come with me from another province when we stay in bangkok for a few days and we go back home together.

I would suggest when you have time to go and check the place out for yourself. Then you can share your experience here or start a new thread.

The day I stay in a 590bht a night hotel room and post about it here is the day you will see me with a plastic cup at the bottom of nana skytrain steps with a sign around my neck saying I only need 3000 baht for a flight ticket home!

Do us all a favour and stick to posting on Ajarn.com. More your crowd I think!

I would suggest when you have time to go and check the place out for yourself. Then you can share your experience here or start a new thread.

The day I stay in a 590bht a night hotel room and post about it here is the day you will see me with a plastic cup at the bottom of nana skytrain steps with a sign around my neck saying I only need 3000 baht for a flight ticket home!

Do us all a favour and stick to posting on Ajarn.com. More your crowd I think!

Your harsh, nothing wrong with saving money if needed. You are one of those idiots that looks down on people with less money then himself.. What a stupid attitude.