Yamaha Fino

Daffy D

Hi

The wife's old Fino is dripping a bit of oil, not much just a few drops on the ground each morning.

A couple of question, if you would be so kind for those with more knowledge

There is a screw in plug with dipstick thingy to check oil but there are no markings on it so how do you check the level of oil?

Do you check with the bike level? (not leaning on it's stand).

Do you check with the plug in place? (unscrew it and check level)

Do you unscrew it clean the end and just poke it in the hole to get the level?

Is that the only oil level to worry about? (Same oil for engine and transmission unit?)

Finally what oil would I need to fill up here?

And before anyone asks, no I don't have the service book and Googling only threw up "Yamaha Vino" and a manual that wouldn't download.

Thanks in advance. :wai:

(Give me a CAT or Detroit Diesel any day, these new fangled kiddy things are a bit of a mystery to me :shock1: )

Thanks "Tywas" that was quick.

Where did you find that manual? I obviously need to hone my keyword search skills B)

Scrolling through all 300plus pages gave me a bit of a headache :blink::blink: but I found the relevant page and with the help of the wife got it sorted.

For anyone interested you stand the bike level and check the oil while hot. Unscrew the dipstick plug thingy and just put it back in the hole (without screwing it in) The correct level should be about the middle of the little dippy stick.

Thanks again :jap:

Where did you find that manual? I obviously need to hone my keyword search skills B)

I used Yamaha Fino manual as the search criteria, probably the same as you did. 1st page of search had some forums but no luck there. 2nd page had a torrent ebook site and there it was. Bitsnoop.com. Wasn't sure you had a torrent client so downloaded and then uploaded to my university server. Didn't take long for the transfer.

I used Yamaha Fino manual as the search criteria, probably the same as you did. 1st page of search had some forums but no luck there. 2nd page had a torrent ebook site and there it was. Bitsnoop.com. Wasn't sure you had a torrent client so downloaded and then uploaded to my university server. Didn't take long for the transfer.

Well there's my problem silly me I searched the Yamaha web site, B)

:)