Daily Flood Locations Nov. 18Th & 19Th

cdnvic

yesterday I read the following question;

I have to drive from Chonburi to Nakhon Sawan tomorrow.

Does anyone have an update on the Ringroad East number 9 Kanchanpisek. Is it possible to pass with a normal car? A couple of days ago the area around lamlukka was still flooded.

I am interested in that road as well..

Anyone??

Edited by jumbo

Good morning all,

I hope I can ask this here concerning the flooding. If not please delete.

I have to drive from Bangkok to Hua Hin tomorrow.

Normally I enter the highway on Rama 4, take the Chaloem Maha Nakhon elevated tollway over the Rama 9 bridge and then Rama 2 Road (number 35) which leads into Phet Kasem highway (number 4) to Hua Hin.

I tried to find some info if this regular way is passable or not. I didn't find clear news that it isn't passable for a sedan... which normally is a good sign.

Could someone please let me know if there is any problem on this way - and if yes - which detour I should take?

Thanks in advance!

Good morning all,

I hope I can ask this here concerning the flooding. If not please delete.

I have to drive from Bangkok to Hua Hin tomorrow.

Normally I enter the highway on Rama 4, take the Chaloem Maha Nakhon elevated tollway over the Rama 9 bridge and then Rama 2 Road (number 35) which leads into Phet Kasem highway (number 4) to Hua Hin.

I tried to find some info if this regular way is passable or not. I didn't find clear news that it isn't passable for a sedan... which normally is a good sign.

Could someone please let me know if there is any problem on this way - and if yes - which detour I should take?

Thanks in advance!

Yesterday my wife did this route from Hua Hin to Bkk and found no problems at all.

Can anyone update on whether the water has gone up in Saimai or Bang Khaen after the locals tore down part of the defence wall. I have only just got home and do not particularly want to do a runner again!

Carl

I have the same question, but for Ram Inthra/Khu Bon area. Will check on this when we go to check the area today.

Looking out the window on to Ram INthra 69, it is still dry.

Edited by EvilDrSomkid

Yesterday the water around Vippavhadi Rangsit as you come off the expressway and drop down towards Central was around 20cm - today it's pretty much dry.

Phaholyothin near to Lotus/Horwang/Central was wet yesterday 10cm now is dry.

Yesterday evening Ratcha/Yothin was still 20 - 30 cm I guess because it's in a bit of a dip.

All in all this area looking good - brooms out, clean-up underway, back in the office.

Hi

I am stuck in Issan because my house got over a metre of water on Chinnaket near Ngam Wong Wan. I would really like to get back home now as im bored as hell here and want to get back to work. Does anyone know if they have pumped chinnaket dry yet?

My staff sent me a picture of Chinnakhet 1 in front our offcie from yesterday. Water is down to 15 cm. Our location is closer to the back entrance of Garden City Lagoon, near the intersection with the 7-11 and the market. Couple of weeks ago our section was around 60 cm.

I noticed yesterday they have dyked up the first khlong east of Chalermprakiat (i.e. east of Rama 9 park)on Chalermprakiat 28, after letting a lot of water through the previous several days. Water levels in the khlong had dropped materially (as per the BMA map), but are building up again. No water coming out of the drains though except for Wednesday, but only for a little while and it quickly dried up. Clearly, they are controlling the water levels coming through Prawet.

Good to stay home, but had to go back to the apartment for a shower. Water from the pipes smells like rotten eggs. :bah: Don't know how long that will take to fix!

Happy to hear you are home Tom. Our moo Baan Noble Geo Watcharaphon is also drying up. I will be going there for an inspection tomoorow, but am still gonna keep living downtown for awhile as don't want my kids having risk of dengue. My daughter had it already once and a second time increases chance greatly of being fatal.

Is there alot of mould around your house?

Let's hope BBB breach dosn't bring water back.

Edited by ohcanuck

Good to stay home, but had to go back to the apartment for a shower. Water from the pipes smells like rotten eggs. :bah: Don't know how long that will take to fix!

Happy to hear you are home Tom. Our moo Baan Noble Geo Watcharaphon is also drying up. I will be going there for an inspection tomoorow, but am still gonna keep living downtown for awhile as don't want my kids having risk of dengue. My daughter had it already once and a second time increases chance greatly of being fatal.

I'll be in and out, like you. I just wanted to spend a night in my bed! No way I'm getting in the shower though, peeee-u! So nice to see the W. Road, I noticed your road is quite lower as well, I suppose you will be happy when you get back to see most of the lake is gone.

Oh, and didn't spend a lot of time examining, but the water never actually reached as far as the house. Lots of slime on the driveway, hopefully no mould, but will check it out more on Sunday when I go back for most of the day to do some cleaning up.

My Client expects to reopen their Bangkok office on Monday. It is in Shinawatra Tower 3 that is on Vip-Rangsit between Central Ladprao and the Rachada intersection, close to SCB Plaza almost opposite the DMF tower (where FROC is based).

They are closing the Pattaya office today.... much, much sadness.

I noticed yesterday they have dyked up the first khlong east of Chalermprakiat (i.e. east of Rama 9 park)on Chalermprakiat 28, after letting a lot of water through the previous several days. Water levels in the khlong had dropped materially (as per the BMA map), but are building up again. No water coming out of the drains though except for Wednesday, but only for a little while and it quickly dried up. Clearly, they are controlling the water levels coming through Prawet.

GM Link

post-120659-0-41478200-1321591771_thumb.

Hi

I am stuck in Issan because my house got over a metre of water on Chinnaket near Ngam Wong Wan. I would really like to get back home now as im bored as hell here and want to get back to work. Does anyone know if they have pumped chinnaket dry yet?

My staff sent me a picture of Chinnakhet 1 in front our offcie from yesterday. Water is down to 15 cm. Our location is closer to the back entrance of Garden City Lagoon, near the intersection with the 7-11 and the market. Couple of weeks ago our section was around 60 cm.

An update....sorry to disappoint, but when I actually talked to the staff member today, something got lost in the translation in email. It's not 15 cm. He indicated calf to knee deep in the street, which I guess meant about 15 cm overlapping the sidewalk area. He thought it might be a couple more weeks before it's dried out. Still only passable for big trucks. He thought it would be unsafe for my Ford 4WD still.

Water level in Raminthra Soi 23 down another couple cm overnight. Some cars my find it passable. Boats still getting through, but our boat taxi yesterday bumped along the road in several places. So the era of boat taxis nears an end.

Yesterday maid visited MIL's house near Wat Phrasee, at Phaholyothin/Raminthra Wong wian. Still flooded, the Phaholyothin tunnel still full of water. She didn't say how much water was in the street.

I'm returning to Hawaii tomorrow. Many thanks to all and TVC for being an excellent source of news.

Best to all. My work here is done!

Edited by PlanetMan

I drove Bangkok - Saraburi passing Wang Noi last Friday evening, no more than 20 cm flooding but it took me 5.5 hours to drive 100 km... I will go to Loei passing Wang Noi again this evening

Any information how much conditions have improved passing Wang Noi? Is traffic still really bad?

From Thai PBS 'Thailand's Worst Flood' English-language segment, 17 Nov 2011, Dr Seree Supharatid and hosts Dr. Rungthip Chotnapalai, Mr. Suphajon Klinsuwan and Ms. Darin Klong-Ugkara got another 5 minutes of programming time covering, primarily the three Big Bag Barrier Breaches (B4 or B-Cubed) - image 11_15h.

There was some discussion about the third B-cubed, how it happened, what the result may be.

The estimated B-cubed water flows from the English-language map (11_15h):

B-cubed #1) 12 CM/sec

B-cubed #2) 3 CM/sec

B-cubed #3) 29 CM/sec

Total : 44 CM/sec

Total per/day = 86.4 x 103 sec * 44 CM/sec = 3.802 x 106 CM/day (3,802,000 cubic meters per day)

The total daily B-cubed flow (based on Dr. Seree's flow estimates) would be enough to cover an area 1,950 x 1,950 meters, 1 meter deep (providing I didn't blow it somewhere).

GM Link The largest-volume breech is above the Sai Mai area and threatens to increase its existing water depth if the khlongs cannot transfer the volume rapidly enough to the west.

The Thai-Language segment was much longer and two additional Thai-Language flood maps were discussed:

Maps 1,2,3 - Western Bangkok ) 11_17a,c,e

Map 4 - Central/Eastern Bangkok) 11_17d

So there you have it:

1) English-language presentation covered only B-cubed

2) Thai-Language presentation covered two additional Bangkok areas.

View the entire English-language segment of Thai PBS 'Thailand's Worst Flood' 17 Nov 2011 when/if they post it.

post-120659-0-94753200-1321598650_thumb.

post-120659-0-89488600-1321598922_thumb.

post-120659-0-28819000-1321599070_thumb.

post-120659-0-99920300-1321599122_thumb.

post-120659-0-01120900-1321599360_thumb.

Edited by MaxYakov

I missed the TPBS news last evening ( Nov 17, 2011 ). on MaxYakov's image #5 ( or the the TPBS Thai map

http://www3.thaipbs.or.th/flood54/infographic.asp?newsid=C0002141

) I spotted on the breach of BBB at Sai Mai / klong Hok Wa. is it 2.9 CMS, or 29 CMS ? that makes a big different :-(

I need stronger reading glasses :-)

I missed the TPBS news last evening ( Nov 17, 2011 ). on MaxYakov's image #5 ( or the the TPBS Thai map

http://www3.thaipbs.or.th/flood54/infographic.asp?newsid=C0002141

) I spotted on the breach of BBB at Sai Mai / klong Hok Wa. is it 2.9 CMS, or 29 CMS ? that makes a big different :-(

I need stronger reading glasses :-)

it was 29 CM/sec but I saw some video today that indicated the Sai Mai breach may have been closed.

Edited by MaxYakov