Russian Patron Accused Of Attempting To Choke Restaurant Waitress

Rimmer

Russian accused of choking waitress at Walking Street Restaurant

PATTAYA: -- A Russian Tourist was accused of assaulting a waitress at a Walking Street Restaurant in the early hours of Tuesday. Mr. Timafey Borishev aged 45, who claimed he was a high-ranking Russian Government Official, was detained and taken to Pattaya Police Station along with the alleged victim, a waitress working at the Food Fair Restaurant at the far-end of Walking Street. She claimed that Mr. Borishev and his wife had settled their bill but decided to have a dance before they left at the bar area at the front of the restaurant which features a live band playing Russian dance-floor classics. When they returned to their table, two Russian women had already taken their seats. The waitress came over and told the couple that they had lost their seats as they had already paid their bill. At this point, the waitress claimed Mr. Borishev placed his hands around her neck and seconds later other staff intervened and detained Mr. Borishev

Full story and pictures HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-11-22

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

The other day I sat down on two Russian birds who were hogging three seats on an otherwise full baht bus as they refused to budge otherwise. It's seems please move, excuse me, "this isn't a private taxi", and lowering my arse slowly didn't cut it. Perhaps someone here saw that; that was me. I might be more careful next time as there appears to be some kind of incendiary territorial Russian cultural thing with SEATING. Not sure if I recommend repeating such actions as I wouldn't fancy making the local excuse for news.

Edited by Jingthing

The other day I sat down on two Russian birds who were hogging three seats on an otherwise full baht bus as they refused to budge otherwise. It's seems please move, excuse me, "this isn't a private taxi", lowering my arse slowly didn't cut it. Perhaps someone here saw that; that was me. I might be more careful next time as there appears to be some kind of incendiary territorial Russian cultural thing with SEATING. Not sure if I recommend repeating such actions as I wouldn't fancy making the local excuse for news.

They must have had quite large bottoms, Does this baht bus make my bum look big?

The other day I sat down on two Russian birds who were hogging three seats on an otherwise full baht bus as they refused to budge otherwise. It's seems please move, excuse me, "this isn't a private taxi", lowering my arse slowly didn't cut it. Perhaps someone here saw that; that was me. I might be more careful next time as there appears to be some kind of incendiary territorial Russian cultural thing with SEATING. Not sure if I recommend repeating such actions as I wouldn't fancy making the local excuse for news.

They must have had quite large bottoms, Does this baht bus make my bum look big?

No they were normal sized. Their tactic was to appear blind and deaf, which they weren't, but sitting on them jump started their senses. They were pretty and the ironic part is I think they thought I was perving on them by sitting on them. (True story.)

Edited by Jingthing

Police arrived. Discussions between the two parties took place but neither side could come to an amicable conclusion. Police decided to send both parties away and the case was closed.

Useless...

but isnt this a clean cut case of ABH ? ...... how useless of the police !!!!!

but the russians do appear to have short tempers, and this is nothing compared to what have seen them do there kids !!!

The other day I sat down on two Russian birds who were hogging three seats on an otherwise full baht bus as they refused to budge otherwise. It's seems please move, excuse me, "this isn't a private taxi", and lowering my arse slowly didn't cut it. Perhaps someone here saw that; that was me. I might be more careful next time as there appears to be some kind of incendiary territorial Russian cultural thing with SEATING. Not sure if I recommend repeating such actions as I wouldn't fancy making the local excuse for news.

I do similar when they hog the footpaths and refuse to let me pass. ...They don't see me.... I dont see them....

I step on their heels and try to pull them out of their shoes.

Opps...sorry....

It's fun. Try it. It will make you feel better.

The headline for this article would have been priceless if the waitress had been named "Gai" (chicken).

Russian chokes Chicken in restaurant. :rolleyes:

..perhaps this hig-rank govt official misunderstood the phrase "getting a stranglehold on Pattaya" as opposed to throttling one it's workers!

I am not Russian but went to the new Russian resteraunt on the ground floor in central next to tops a few weeks back after being seved some lasagne type salad I felt like choking the waitress also ?

Oh, you had the Salmon under the fur coat mayonnaise surprise!

I do similar when they hog the footpaths and refuse to let me pass. ...They don't see me.... I dont see them....

Opps...sorry....

Yes and no. I didn't mention those pretty women had burly male comrades sitting opposite. It was a most uncomfortable ride. Be careful with the cross cultural exchanges in town; there is danger lurking.

One post discussing moderation has been removed,

For that poster's information the rule that applies here is as follows:

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Opps...sorry....

Yes and no. I didn't mention those pretty women had burly male comrades sitting opposite. It was a most uncomfortable ride. Be careful with the cross cultural exchanges in town; there is danger lurking.

Agree, there is danger lurking around here and you never know when it'll rear it's ugly head. Add the basic cultural differences between the people that come here; not being able to communicate together and waaaay too much alcohol and... anything can, and does, happen in Pattaya. Just as we Westerners don't know what moves people to be so rude & selfish (bums on the bus story...) we also don't really know what moves some folks to assault another person for a seemingly innocent and minor transgression (choke the waitress story) . Be aware, make your point, but tread carefully, I'd say... you never know what's gonna happen next 'round here. Wait...

B)

PS- A new verb has now been coined: to perve. Ie: I perve, you perve, he/she perves, they perve, we all perve. Possible common usage: "Honestly officer, that ladyboy perved me when I wasn't lookin'!"

Opps...sorry....

\

If this is how you choose to conduct yourself in public, then i fear it is you that will be in the headlines soon (as well as JT and he should know better!!) Just avoid the confrontation...next we will be hearing " Obnoxious fat arsed whitey found dead on Baht bus - suspected lethal injection of poison through woman's knitting needle/stilletto heel/poison dart/poison pen.............be careful lads!!!

PS- A new verb has now been coined: to perve. Ie: I perve, you perve, he/she perves, they perve, we all perve. Possible common usage: "Honestly officer, that ladyboy perved me when I wasn't lookin'!"

Not so new. I picked it up from an Aussie movie.

Perve (noun & verb) : staring lustfully at the opposite sex

http://www.aussieslang.org/strine/p.php

Opps...sorry....

\

If this is how you choose to conduct yourself in public, then i fear it is you that will be in the headlines soon (as well as JT and he should know better!!) Just avoid the confrontation...next we will be hearing " Obnoxious fat arsed whitey found dead on Baht bus - suspected lethal injection of poison through woman's knitting needle/stilletto heel/poison dart/poison pen.............be careful lads!!!

Well you weren't there. At the point I sat on them, I had two choices, sit on them or walk off a bus that clearly had LOTS of space for another rider to any civilized human being with vision. This wasn't a squeeze situation when you have seven people on one rail. There were four normal sized people on the rail, and those Russkie birds were hogging it like it was their private cocktail party. When I did sit on them, it was like I had broken into their apartment and plopped on their couch. It was very funny for the spectators. Indeed, it was situational. As is life. Baht buses as a metaphor for life ... I love it.

(Expecting a nit about the back rail, it was full, but I don't ride the back rails anyway, so not relevant.)

Edited by Jingthing

I am not Russian but went to the new Russian resteraunt on the ground floor in central next to tops a few weeks back after being seved some lasagne type salad I felt like choking the waitress also ?

Oh, you had the Salmon under the fur coat mayonnaise surprise!

Yes thats what it was I could only eat a small amount to heavy and sickly.

Not so new. I picked it up from an Aussie movie.

Perve (noun & verb) : staring lustfully at the opposite sex

http://www.aussiesla...rg/strine/p.php

All I can say is:

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie... Oy, Oy, Oy (vey!)

B)

I take the sardine special baht bus most days from Jomtien hill to town pretty much every day. The latest scam from the Russians is to ride the song teow into town, press the button when they reach Pattaya, usually at the Royal Garden with traffiic building up behind. Sometimes three or four of them will get off, the usual MO is for one of them to go to the window to pay whilst the others walk away to a safe distance. The payee will then proffer a 1,000 baht note to the driver. Of course the driver has no change. For a 40 baht fare! I have seen this a few times now, obviously the word has got around in the Russian community that this a good way of saving 40 baht. Difficult to believe that out of four people nobody has got smaller than a 1,000 note. Watch them standing there shrugging their shoulders at the driver with a big grin on their face. Seen this a few times now, at first i gave them the benefit of the doubt, but the other day i saw three of them sorting their money out before they pressed the bell, a pocket full of small notes between them. Three of them got off, two of them retired to a safe distance and the 1,000 baht note was proffered through the window. After a few minutes the rest of the passengers were getting very peed off with the delay, so i pulled a 100 baht note out of my pocket, waved it at the Russkie and said, "your friend have, why you not tell him to pay?" Well, if looks could kill! The baht bus driver, (who was a lady as it happens) was getting really agitated with traffic hooting etc. Of course in the end she pulled away with a face like thunder and wrote off the 30 baht. The three Russians walked away into the Royal Garden laughing, not exactly giving each other high fives but not far short. Another 30 baht saved. Quality tourists indeed! I would love top see signs on the Baht buses from Jomtien saying,"No Russians". Then what would they do? Because as sure as hell they will not hire them for 100 baht a go.

I take the sardine special baht bus most days from Jomtien hill to town pretty much every day. The latest scam from the Russians is to ride the song teow into town, press the button when they reach Pattaya, usually at the Royal Garden with traffiic building up behind. Sometimes three or four of them will get off, the usual MO is for one of them to go to the window to pay whilst the others walk away to a safe distance. The payee will then proffer a 1,000 baht note to the driver. Of course the driver has no change. For a 40 baht fare! I have seen this a few times now, obviously the word has got around in the Russian community that this a good way of saving 40 baht. Difficult to believe that out of four people nobody has got smaller than a 1,000 note. Watch them standing there shrugging their shoulders at the driver with a big grin on their face. Seen this a few times now, at first i gave them the benefit of the doubt, but the other day i saw three of them sorting their money out before they pressed the bell, a pocket full of small notes between them. Three of them got off, two of them retired to a safe distance and the 1,000 baht note was proffered through the window. After a few minutes the rest of the passengers were getting very peed off with the delay, so i pulled a 100 baht note out of my pocket, waved it at the Russkie and said, "your friend have, why you not tell him to pay?" Well, if looks could kill! The baht bus driver, (who was a lady as it happens) was getting really agitated with traffic hooting etc. Of course in the end she pulled away with a face like thunder and wrote off the 30 baht. The three Russians walked away into the Royal Garden laughing, not exactly giving each other high fives but not far short. Another 30 baht saved. Quality tourists indeed! I would love top see signs on the Baht buses from Jomtien saying,"No Russians". Then what would they do? Because as sure as hell they will not hire them for 100 baht a go.

Despicable; that really sucks.