Accident In Mae Jo

jackr

I turn right at this light everyday towards San Sai and besides the traffic light with the right arrow being in the far left lane, not overhead like the green light to go straight, which one can not see from the right turning lane if your in the front of the line, One thing I find incredible dangerous is that motorbike pass me on my left to make a U turn when I'm turning right , so they have to cut in fount of me, instead of them coming up on my right, which they do sometimes and but then some run the red to make a U turn. It is usually the Uni kids and I would fee l just horrible if anything ever happened to them, esp. if I was involved and since I expect this I can be ready but the first few times it was a close call. Just a heads up for others to avoid a potential accident here.

I always try to count to 3 after my light goes green, and i don`t care if the prat behind me is honking either...R.IP.

Count three seconds? That is funny.

On a thread about such a tragic event, why is that funny? R.I.P to the girl and hope the other one makes it through.

Can you imagine how the accident count would skyrocket if drivers just counted three seconds when the lights changed then drove through the intersection?

Counting three seconds serves no purpose. The only reasonable thing to do is look carefully and go when it is clear, even if you have to wait thirty seconds or seven minutes before it is clear.

Re read the thread, it is not about a tragic event.

I always try to count to 3 after my light goes green, and i don`t care if the prat behind me is honking either...R.IP.

Count three seconds? That is funny.

On a thread about such a tragic event, why is that funny? R.I.P to the girl and hope the other one makes it through.

Can you imagine how the accident count would skyrocket if drivers just counted three seconds when the lights changed then drove through the intersection?

Counting three seconds serves no purpose. The only reasonable thing to do is look carefully and go when it is clear, even if you have to wait thirty seconds or seven minutes before it is clear.

Re read the thread, it is not about a tragic event.

So a young girl being killed is not a tragedy? Where do you go for a fun night out Casualty???

1322159429[/url]' post='4870040']
1322158379[/url]' post='4870030']

Agree 100%. Taking off the second the light turns green is about as dangerous as jumping it by 3 seconds anywhere else in the world.

RIP i will try and not do that green jumping too - its endemic but i have seen many Thais take the most stupid risks

I dont think Thais are the worst drivers (go to India) but they are the most selfish

Why wait three seconds? When the light turns green look both ways to check for idiots running their red light. If you can proceed safely, do so. If you can't proceed safely, wait until you can, even if that means waiting more than three seconds.

Waiting an arbitrary amount of time does not make you safe. Using your eyes and judgment makes you safer.

Why wait three seconds? When the light turns green look both ways to check for idiots running their red light. If you can proceed safely, do so. If you can't proceed safely, wait until you can, even if that means waiting more than three seconds.

Waiting an arbitrary amount of time does not make you safe. Using your eyes and judgment makes you safer.

...common sense ??:rolleyes:

So sad seeing and hearing about these senseless Accidents.:crying:

Riding a Motor Scooter ?? Safety Tip..

ALWAYS think that the Vehicle behind you is not going to Stop and get over to the side , OUT OF THE WAY

Sad , I have seen this type of thing happen many times over my years here.

On a motor bike , never get inside the Pinch Point, very dangerous and common practice here as well.

Read a few Biking Safety Tip Blogs and play it safe.

Drive like you are INVISIBLE and after 38 years of Riding , I have yet to fall prey to the Drivers in the Boxes.,