Freelance Tech Jobs

girlx

Curious if anyone on here has tried to use sites like sologig.com or elance.com to pick up freelance projects from Thailand... if so can you tell me your experiences? I wouldn't mind picking up an occasional extra project, but am reluctant to pay their fees if there aren't any real legitimate jobs posted on their sites....

Curious if anyone on here has tried to use sites like sologig.com or elance.com to pick up freelance projects from Thailand... if so can you tell me your experiences? I wouldn't mind picking up an occasional extra project, but am reluctant to pay their fees if there aren't any real legitimate jobs posted on their sites....

rentacoder.com has a huge market, the only problem is you have to "fight" with a lot of people from India,Romania,Urss to get the job. They are very professional and due to their economy they work for peanuts compared to western standard.

I'm also tempted to try, the secret is to accept a few jobs and build your reputation on good results, when you are well known by the community, you can ask for a proper amount of money, but as anything it takes time and hardwork.

well just my 2 satangs

ciao

yeah i played around with rentacoder once but it had so many ridiculous projects listed (ie. a comprehensive database-driven e-commerce site with maximum bid of $100), that i didn't bother with it. have also heard many reports of people not getting paid for the projects they pick up there. not so interested in e-lance or guru because of the bidding system, which allows indians to bid 1/10th of the price everytime, so there is no hope of getting a fair price for your work. i am most interested in Sologig, so anyone with experience with it, do tell! you have to pay a minimum of 3 months up front and i am reluctant to do so blindly!