Austrian Tourist Stabbed, Robbed By Phuket Youth Gang

Lite Beer

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see they are looking for ARhesus neg blood. Admins, is this still the case?

I am AR-, but I couldn't up and rush to Phuket. I could get to a local hosp in Prawet now to give 2 pints, if they transfer it?

Any ideas? Is it still needed?

-mel.

This from 91.54 Phuket FM FB page: URGENT;<br style="font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 12px; text-align: left; ">A NEGATIVE BLOOD REQUIRED<br style="font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 12px; text-align: left; ">VACHIRA HOSPITAL<br style="font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 12px; text-align: left; ">PLEASE CALL 081 8455 052<br style="font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 12px; text-align: left; ">CONTACT NAME NURSE METHAVEE........

Called. An astonishing number of farangs gave blood today, and he is stable and doing fine. Thanks for the number, but the nurse wasn't too impressed.

My help was there, even though I found out too late...:wai:

Well I might say being here 6 yrs.

I feel uncomfortable in Patong as apposed to Pattaya on many occasions and I have spent lots of time there.

Pattaya shits on it except for the beaches and the out of town Thai's! (Tuk Tuks)

My friend got married in Surin in a small village and the head cop told us he couldn't come because he had to go shoot somebody that shot somebody!!!

My mate up that way only found out after waking up and seeing police and dozens of others in uniform this morning that a serial killer was hiding under the house next door (5 killed)

Amazing TIT 5555555

I see they are looking for ARhesus neg blood. Admins, is this still the case?

I am AR-, but I couldn't up and rush to Phuket. I could get to a local hosp in Prawet now to give 2 pints, if they transfer it?

Any ideas? Is it still needed?

-mel.

It's nice to see someone respond in a helpful manner. It is not the same person, but this is a link to the thread on the person in need of blood:

Thanks.

Bangkok, considering the population of 11 million there is hardly ever a report of farang muggings.

What happened in Phuket is particularly worrisome considering it was in broad daylight and these guys stabbed to kill! It could have been any farang, just a roll of the dice. Phuket is overtaking pattaya as the number 1 crime hot spot, glad I dont live there

Phuket is a provence, not a town, although there is a town called Phuket City. This happened in Patong, which these days seems to be controlled by a local Thai mafia. The mayor is corrupt ( I read there was a criminal corruption charge against him) and his brother is the head of the Patong Tuk Tuk Association....

...they tolerate us but in the same time scam us or rob us....but they all hate us

they...all Thai

us..all Falang

What a load of BS! I might hate you as well, with that kind of an attitude...

I just found some nice statistics..

Metropolitan Police Service all of London.

Robberies ( against a person )

No. of robberies previous 12 month leading up to October 2011 : 35.923

No. of robberies previous 12 month leading up to October 2010 : 31.301

That's by the way a 14.8% increase from 2010 to 2011.

Source : http://www.met.police.uk/crimefigures/

So because someone gets robbed in Phuket ever so often - its now the worst place you could imagine ?

I just don't buy into that.

The number above equals 1 robbery every 15 minutes in London.

And that is only counting robberies against another person.

Yes well there are a few more people in London, a police force that does at least have a semblance of understanding of the rule of law, a court system that applies the law equally to all with many members of different races and generally a legal system that is moderately fair where lawyers do their job and whose charges are competitive. There is also very little corruption between the police, lawyers and the judiciary. You will not be asked to pay for the police to make an arrest, you will not be asked to pay the travelling costs of the police who have to make an arrest outside their patch either. In fact the only way you pay the police is through the taxes and maybe a contribution from traffic fines. There is a world of difference even if you want to overlook the fact that London has maybe 15 times more people in it than Phuket.

I live in Pattaya and regularly walk out on my own late at night never have a problem.

I feel safer here than in my home city of Oxford, but the more i read of Phuket the less i want to go there. I certainly would not want to take my wife and baby.

I hope those robbed and attacked make a full and speedy recovery.

An unfortunate mugging and the foreigners go into knee jerk panic mode complete with the usual cries of terror. Phuket is a beach resort and like beach resorts around the world it has this type of crime. Get a grip. The locals identified the assailants, The police reacted immediately and solved the crime. Yes, it is wrongful act, but this type of incident is still not as common as in most big EU or American cities. Please keep your perspective.

It was a stupid random crime. That's all it was. It wasn't a conspiracy by the people of Phuket to hunt down Austrians on scooters, nor was it an indication of social collapse. I am still less concerned about the likelihood of a 13 year old stabbing me than I am of one of the drunk foreigners in Patong grabbing at my companion's breasts or asking her how much for boom boom. (And yes, that has happened, and even more astounding was that she was in uniform.)

Edited by Scott
formatting

To all the bashers of the police and Thais in general.

It took the police approx 3 hours 45 minutes to make the first arrest.

Ask yourselves, would this happen where you live ?

I am just imagining a boor bloke mugged and stabbed in London, New York, Paris, Rome, Berlin etc and NOT expecting an arrest within 3 hours 45 minutes.

To why these kids have chosen that career path, well its not reported is it now ?

So I see the full force of Thai / Phuket bashers out and yet again making their negative statements.

Good for you lot, that a man was stabbed, so you get to blame the Thais yet again.

Lets hope for X-mas, that you lot get a jet ski scam with fighting and injuries to multiple people.

That would be almost as good as a white X-mas huh ?

There is no comparison in "policing matter" between Phuket and all the "major global capital cities you mentioned" all those cities have multi millions of inhabitants, as a result criminals can disappear easily, and police have great difficulty locating them, but in the end they do.

Phuket on the other hand has merely a population of some 85,000, thus the police force (with there records) have a much easier task to arrest culprits there than the police force in those extremely large capital cities you selected for comparison.

"Real policing" and "crackdowns" have no effect because police do not stop crimes, they can only solve them as they did in this case and quite quickly. A heavier police action will only result in criminals getting smarter and more ruthless and local being less willing to help.

Edited by Johnny Tahoe

Thailand is dangerous with many bad characters. The streets are not safe after midnight. Too many bad characters out on the prowl "Farang Hunting".

Yeah?? You ain't lived in London mate have you?

Drama queens.............sheeeeeesh!

oi mush even though i have lived in london THIS SITE IS ABOUT THAILAND ... duh :jerk:

I just found some nice statistics..

Metropolitan Police Service all of London.

Robberies ( against a person )

No. of robberies previous 12 month leading up to October 2011 : 35.923

No. of robberies previous 12 month leading up to October 2010 : 31.301

That's by the way a 14.8% increase from 2010 to 2011.

Source : http://www.met.police.uk/crimefigures/

So because someone gets robbed in Phuket ever so often - its now the worst place you could imagine ?

I just don't buy into that.

The number above equals 1 robbery every 15 minutes in London.

And that is only counting robberies against another person.

You cannot compare crime statistics in the way you have done with 2 places which have such a population differential. It's like comparing mouse poop to cow manure, which has more flies?

Its still a 14.8% increase in London from 2010 to 2011.

And it happens every 15 minutes.

In Phuket, maybe once every 15 days if that.

So what this is really about, is where do you feel safer.

Doesn't matter if you're standing in mouse poop or cow manure does it now ( counting flies ) ?

At least in Phuket, you could safely be standing in either for 14 days ( without being mugged B) )

In London, you could only be safe, standing in either for 14 minutes....

14 days against 14 minutes ... this is incorrect statistic, an accurate calculation must be made in comparison with the population of both London and Phuket, London's population is over 10.Million, whereas Phuket has 85,000. thus, individuals in London are are pro-rata saver than individuals in Phuket.

An unfortunate mugging and the foreigners go into knee jerk panic mode complete with the usual cries of terror. Phuket is a beach resort and like beach resorts around the world it has this type of crime. Get a grip. The locals identified the assailants, The police reacted immediately and solved the crime. Yes, it is wrongful act, but this type of incident is still not as common as in most big EU or American cities. Please keep your perspective.

It was a stupid random crime. That's all it was. It wasn't a conspiracy by the people of Phuket to hunt down Austrians on scooters, nor was it an indication of social collapse. I am still less concerned about the likelihood of a 13 year old stabbing me than I am of one of the drunk foreigners in Patong grabbing at my companion's breasts or asking her how much for boom boom. (And yes, that has happened, and even more astounding was that she was in uniform.)

Ask the guy in ICU (if he lives) if he thinks it was a stupid crime!!!! And as for it being random, one of the little thugs said it was the third robbery he had commited in about 2 weeks.

talking of Police action for a falang, has anyone hear-ed how the Thai lady who killed people because she was on her phone on the tollway, Na just another crime number,and then you read about Thailand want to encourage tourists back to Thailand,

Contrary to most comments here, I sincerely believe that it is in the police best interest to investigate these gang robberies. I am very confident that they will be p[punished. Problem is that there is no possibility to send their parents to jail. They might deserve the punishment as much as these boys.

I agree... Police have more to gain from tourists than from small-time hoodlums.

It is in Phuket's best interest to protect foreigners and I believe they generally act accordingly.

Thais may not really like Farang, I am the first to feel/admit it... but I do feel safer here than in most European countries I have visited.

jap.gif

I never get the feeling that Thais do not like us. maybe I live and move in a different circle .

I am just imagining a boor bloke mugged and stabbed in London, New York, Paris, Rome, Berlin etc and NOT expecting an arrest within 3 hours 45 minutes.

To why these kids have chosen that career path, well its not reported is it now ?

So I see the full force of Thai / Phuket bashers out and yet again making their negative statements.

Good for you lot, that a man was stabbed, so you get to blame the Thais yet again.

Lets hope for X-mas, that you lot get a jet ski scam with fighting and injuries to multiple people.

Wow, it took 32 posts for the first Thai apologist to speak up.

On the flip side, how many 13 - 14 year old "gang" members do you hear about attacking random strangers in western countries?

On the flip side, how many 13 - 14 year old "gang" members do you hear about attacking random strangers in western countries?

Have you seen the Thai police tactics , find some one you think did it beat them into a confession , then go on TV and get some one to point at them , crime solved, Not

Remarkable that so many of the audience seems so sure about what’s reported from Police and what they report to the media are he fact when as a controversy the local Government can`t do anything even when know what (who) the problem is!

There is a wide fence here and few are outside of it.

Most 'normal' people don't want to see kids thrown in jail with adults.

No, but they can sure serve time for their crimes in a juvenile institution until the reach the age of adulthood. Then throw their asses into the general population where they will become the bitches of some guy named Big Jim Slade.

Well, it it clear beyond reasonable doubt that you have never lived in an American city. Please, do stop by Oakland (for example) and ask one of the helpful teens on most corners for directions. I might suggest you pay close attention to your choice of clothing...the wrong color will earn you an instant dose of lead poisoning.

or New York, Chicago, Houston or LA... Been to any large cities in South America lately? How was tea in Belfast? Do the words "Russian Mafia" ring a bell?

What remote planet are you from, without any understanding of the absolute reign of terror gangs have in major cities all over the world?

AmAzInG !!!!

Crime or any crime like this only sums up the numbers of my confirmation that the police are good for nothing rather than collecting money illegally as their main responsibility.

If it corruption is not eliminate, it will always a LOS to it corruptors.:angry::lol:

It's the tourist's fault, if he hadn't have been there it never would have happened.

Correct, absolutely 100% the tourists fault, he should have stayed home, Phuket, shit hole of Thailand.

Oooh! Nasty word! Personally I would use it when referring to the brain that generated the post. This could have happened dam_n near anywhere in the world. Your sarcastic innuendo is not justified and you definitely have not done much travelling.