What is in your opinion the best way for you to get to Pattaya from Bangkok

I know a few

Taxi Private

Taxi Meter

Mini-Bus

Bus

Train

and I guess you could save yourself some money and hitch hike :o

Can someone please add the prices next to the methods of getting to Pattaya, and also your opinon on the best (As in price and comfort)

Westy

Rather than just looking at the price, you should also be concentrating on safety.

If you are travelling during the daylight hours, safety should be OK. Late at night, maybe not so. There have been many cases where taxi drivers have attacked their farang passengers.

The cheapest daylight trip is by passenger bus. The last price that I paid was about 110 baht, but this may have now increased with the price of petrol.

There will be a mini bus service that will charge a bit less than that but you will be uncomfortable for most of the trip.

I have used street taxis to travel to Pattaya from the airport. The going rate is about 1,000 baht.

If late at night, I usually arrange with my Pattaya hotel to come and pick me up at the airport. This costs about 1,300 baht.

For me there are two ways to go to Pattaya.

First, go by taxi so that you can stop when you want to. 1500 Baht for a full load of passengers.

The other way is any day that's not a public holiday! :o

1500 Baht and a few more for food and a drink is all that Pattaya will ever cost me. Once was enough!! But each to his own.

Private Car - best way after a long flight.

Not really. After a long flight the last thing one would want is a night drive on a different side of the road (in many cases).

My pick:

1. Sleep in BKK the night 1. Then get your own car.

2. Second best, get a limo from the airport and tell the driver (or people who negotiated you into the deal to tell him) that you are not in a hurry, no need to run 160kph on the highway.

Another thing is, if one has a sizeable luggage, it won't with into a taxi - there is a LPG barrel in the trunk. The limo is the way to go. Most likely it would be a Volvo.

All I did on my 20+ visits to Pattaya were the option 1.

Not really. After a long flight the last thing one would want is a night drive on a different side of the road (in many cases).

My pick:

1. Sleep in BKK the night 1. Then get your own car.

2. Second best, get a limo from the airport and tell the driver (or people who negotiated you into the deal to tell him) that you are not in a hurry, no need to run 160kph on the highway.

Another thing is, if one has a sizeable luggage, it won't with into a taxi - there is a LPG barrel in the trunk. The limo is the way to go. Most likely it would be a Volvo.

All I did on my 20+ visits to Pattaya were the option 1.

Should have been more specific - hire a private car/limo service!! (sleep in style on way down to patters after a long flight)

Aircon #1 bus is 90 baht each way between BKK (Ekkamai station) and Pattaya, 2 hour trip. There's even a toilet on the bus if you like to get your beer on in transit. Bus runs every 1/2 hour, last one leaves at 2100 hrs. Ya never know -- a hansome man like you might meet a young lady travelling on her own...

Edited by jing jing

Aircon #1 bus is 90 baht each way between BKK (Ekkamai station) and Pattaya, 2 hour trip.  There's even a toilet on the bus if you like to get your beer on in transit.  Bus runs every 1/2 hour, last one leaves at 2100 hrs.  Ya never know -- a hansome man like you might meet a young lady travelling on her own...

It used to be 90 baht but is now (at least it was a couple of months ago) as Mighty Mouse mentioned 110 baht.

I much prefer the bus and would never even consider going by taxi or limo.

Sophon

Jing Jing I'm already married to a Thai :o

I can't be doing that now :D  I will be bringing a big bag, so the bus could be a problem no?  How much for a taxi to the bus station?  thanks for all your replys!

Heheh... please disregard the handsome man bit - we wouldn't want to get in any trouble with the missus, jing jing na! Big bag no problem, goes right in the big luggage compartment on the bus. You can get from the airport to Ekkamai easily, but hey, why not spend a night in the Big Mango? Oops, almost forgot - married! :D

I know of a train from BKK to Pattaya but I saw the station in Pattaya, and you need a taxi for sure to get to the main area of Pattaya, its out in the sticks! I went there on my motobike with the wife just to check it out? If anyone has ever gone on it tho please do say :o

Jing Jing, BKK is out the question, If Im not where I should be the wife will ask questions :D

isn't there a train to Pattaya?

Yes there is - very rustic and only once a day....

If you're coming from the airport; take taxi or limo. As has been said you can stop on the way if you feel like it etc etc......

It's only 1.5 to 2 hrs to Pattaya and well worth it to avoid all the hassle of going into Bkk and out again the next day.

As for safety....there have been SOME incidents but put against the number of trips every day that is really only a minor consideration. -and why at nigfhtrather than in the day?? I'm not sure there's a lot of difference.

If you're coming from Bkk, the same applies really - buses are for people with big bladders and small budgets...

one oither thing - check which vehicle you are actually going in....I've been offered some vehicles that were so old they didn't even have fitted seat belts in the front!

I know a few

Taxi Private1800bt thai limo DO NOT USE THEY HAVE USUALLY BEEN WORKING ALL NIGHT AND SOMETIMES THE BASTAR-S FALL ASLEEP

Taxi Meter900-1000

Mini-Bus NOT VIABLE UNLESS A FEW TRAVELING TOGETHER

Bus100 TO BKK EKAMIE THEN 90 TO PATTAYA THE 40 BY BAHT BUS TO HOTEL

TrainTAKES TO LONG YOU COULD WALK IT QUICKER.

BEST TAXIMETER GO UP TO DEPARTURES AND GET ONE THAT HAS JUST DROPPED OFF.

Can someone please add the prices next to the methods of getting to Pattaya, and also your opinon on the best (As in price and comfort)

Westy

• 7 months later...

My Parents are going to Pataya from Bangkok, so they asked me to find out how to get from arrival terminal in Bangkok Airport to the Eastern Bus Terminal (Ekkamai). They want to get the Air-con bus.

Do Any one know the details on above ? please let me know asap. Thanks for you help anyone. :o

My Parents are going to Pataya from Bangkok, so they asked me to find out how to get from arrival terminal in Bangkok Airport to the Eastern Bus Terminal (Ekkamai). They want to get the Air-con bus.

Do Any one know the details on above ? please let me know asap. Thanks for you help anyone. :o

I've never got the bus from Bkk to Pattaya.....

The reason is that you can go direct from the airport to Pattaya. the airport is outside Bkk and needs a taxi ride into the bus station.

I have always taken a taxi (1500 to 1800 baht) or a minibus (300 baht?) straight from the airport.

I think there is a bus service as well but I'm afraid I don't know the details.

The taxi journey is about 2 hours with a stop-off for toilet and refreshments. One of the best things about a taxi is you can ask them to pull over wherever you like.

If you go from Ekamai etc you'll haveeto get into town and then change onto a bus which sounds like an awful lot of effort, especially if you are carrying luggage.

I know a few

Taxi Private1800bt thai limo DO NOT USE THEY HAVE USUALLY BEEN WORKING ALL NIGHT AND SOMETIMES THE BASTAR-S FALL ASLEEP

Taxi Meter900-1000

Mini-Bus NOT VIABLE UNLESS A FEW TRAVELING TOGETHER

Bus100 TO BKK EKAMIE THEN 90 TO PATTAYA THE 40 BY BAHT BUS TO HOTEL

TrainTAKES TO LONG YOU COULD WALK IT QUICKER.

BEST TAXIMETER GO UP TO DEPARTURES AND GET ONE THAT HAS JUST DROPPED OFF.

Westy

This advice is poor and inaccurate...you can get a minibus and share it.

Not all drivers have been working all night....everybody has to start sometime!

Taxi drivers are no different from Limos in the hours they work.....why bother going into town when you can go straight from the airpport...I believe there is even a bus to Pattaya from the airport..

Edited by wilko

Eh...Thailand drives on the right side which is the left which is correct :o

I think you'll find that the poster is referring to a CAR & DRIVER not self-drive. You can then tell them to stop whenever you want etc. by far the most civilised way of getting from A to B.

In Thailand they drive on the left, s othe driver sits on the right....that's the theory anyway.....same as 40% of the world's roads.

From the airport the nearest major bus station is Morchit not Ekkamai. Take a taxi to Morchit it is about 100 to 130 baht then a aircon bus to Pattaya for around 110 baht. If they arrive at day time hours ask about the airport to Pattaya direct bus, I believe there is 3 a day but I always do it the Morchit way.