Are You A Winner Or A Loser

PattaniMan

Your comments do nothing more than reveal your own insecurities and inferiority issues.

Your questions compel people to weigh themselves against other people - money, achievements etc.

If you do that, you're a loser. You can't be anything else.

You sound depressed. Let's look at another comment you wrote:

The treatments for cancer are often worse than the disease. Better off dying and saving the money for your family.

See a doctor. Ask him to prescribe you a course of anti-depressants.

Good luck.

Edited by PattaniMan

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your comments do nothing more than reveal your own insecurities and inferiority issues.

Your questions compel people to weigh themselves against other people - money, achievements etc.

The treatments for cancer are often worse than the disease. Better off dying and saving the money for your family.

Good luck.

PattaniMan, why is a winner (you) worried about losers (the rest of us)?

Don't get upset that someone suggests you're a loser in your own thread asking that question.

But according to another poster , you ran out of money in Thailand and had to leave, you don't even live here anymore.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Winner or Loser ?

Edited by MrsMills

Good luck.

I'd say you're the depressed one here - running around trying to be a winner and looking for losers to measure yourself against.

That's a mighty depressing existence.

You need to get a grip on reality and see that it has nothing to do with winning or losing. It's choosing your parents well that counts most in life.

Just count your lucky stars you didn't choose to be born in Ethiopia or Bangladesh.

I'm sure it wasn't intentional but the very nature of this thread invites people to partake in a "pissing-up-the-wall" contest to be judged in the court of forum opinion. One bloke genuinely believes he's got it made cos he's hooked up with that holy grail of expat legend, the well-educated, well-connected Chinese-Thai lawyer or banker with gravity-defying baps, another bloke says he's got it made better cos he's got two lovely kids - shit, even sewer rats have kids, mate - and then another bloke rocks up, pisses on both their cornflakes and proclaims he's attained a level of enlightenment reserved only for the most dedicated expatriate Jedi by casting off his attachment to material wealth.

For a fleeting moment, I considered lining up and aiming my chopper at the wall with the rest but then I figured, who really gives a flying <deleted> what the Thaivisa forum demographic thinks of someone daft enough to lay out his/her "achievements" at the request of a wannabe life coach?

I can pick my nose with the best thai around.Also i have more cash now than 8 years ago,i have more yearly income than i had 8 years ago,i have more assets than 8 years ago,btw,i retired at 50, 8 years ago and came to live in Thailand.

My 10 yo stepson can now speak,read and write thai,english,Lao,speak khmer and is learning chinese,a clear winner.

I came to LS to vegetate in a warm climate, and have some agreeable female company.

As I have achieved my objective, I consider myself a winner.

PS. I am now far more hansum and sexy than ever I was back 'ome, if that counts

U are a real winner and a HAPPY one too,not like some of these boring farts on here lol lol

I'm sure it wasn't intentional but the very nature of this thread invites people to partake in a "pissing-up-the-wall" contest to be judged in the court of forum opinion. One bloke genuinely believes he's got it made cos he's hooked up with that holy grail of expat legend, the well-educated, well-connected Chinese-Thai lawyer or banker with gravity-defying baps, another bloke says he's got it made better cos he's got two lovely kids - shit, even sewer rats have kids, mate - and then another bloke rocks up, pisses on both their cornflakes and proclaims he's attained a level of enlightenment reserved only for the most dedicated expatriate Jedi by casting off his attachment to material wealth.

For a fleeting moment, I considered lining up and aiming my chopper at the wall with the rest but then I figured, who really gives a flying <deleted> what the Thaivisa forum demographic thinks of someone daft enough to lay out his/her "achievements" at the request of a wannabe life coach?

I had to lookup what the (colloquial?) word 'bloke' means, but I get your point and agree with most. Ain't nothing wrong with sharing, however. For people who don't feel comfortable sharing, it's within their right not to do so.

Despite the OP's disinterest for constructive commenting, I was nonetheless able to gain from reading some of the responses. Hell, I was even inspired by some of the posts.

I had to lookup what the (colloquial?) word 'bloke' means, but I get your point and agree with most. Ain't nothing wrong with sharing, however. For people who don't feel comfortable sharing, it's within their right not to do so.

Despite the OP's disinterest for constructive commenting, I was nonetheless able to gain from reading some of the responses. Hell, I was even inspired by some of the posts.

I thought we were all just having a bit of fun.

You think too mut!

I'd say you're the depressed one here - running around trying to be a winner and looking for losers to measure yourself against.

You need to get a grip on reality and see that it has nothing to do with winning or losing. It's choosing your parents well that counts most in life.

Just count your lucky stars you didn't choose to be born in Ethiopia or Bangladesh.

You can choose your parents?!?

If you take a deep breath, and then read again, slowly, you will see that he suggested 180* other way,

-your success is heavily dependent on what sort of parents you had

I thought we were all just having a bit of fun.

You think too mut!

Yes, yes. Words spoken in my direction often. jap.gif

You can only be a 'winner' or 'loser' if you have entered the competition.

Why on earth would someone who wants to be a 'winner' come to live in Thailand in the first place?

Exactly . Even if you wanted to be loser why would you come to Thailand in the first place .

If you take a deep breath, and then read again, slowly, you will see that he suggested 180* other way,

-your success is heavily dependent on what sort of parents you had

While I wholeheartedly agree that one's success is heavily dependent on what sort of parents they had, tropo's use of the words 'choosing' and 'choose' implies a deliberate decision before conception - hence my somewhat sarcastic response. I apologise I didn't use the sarcasm font, I assumed the question in itself would have been enough...

Why on earth would someone who wants to be a 'winner' come to live in Thailand in the first place?

If a "loser" comes to Thailand he becomes more of a "winner" or less of a "loser" the moment he disembarks... more chicks, more money, more handsome and so on as so forth....:D

PattaniMan have started 3 topics, read them and draw your own conclusions. :whistling:

Are you that weirdo from the other thread who checks up on what people have written in the past?

If so, are you now suggesting that you also record (and track) previous threads that forum members have started?

Jesus Christ -- you really need to get a life.

No actually not entering the competition at all would make you a loser by default, where as the warrior would consider giving it your all as winning in itself, while the Mr. and Mrs. Citizen would only consider the (financial) outcome as success. Such is life different for different folks.

with you on this one semper.....this is quickly turning into a "why pattaniman is the greatest loser who ever lived thread?"

PattaniMan have started 3 topics, read them and draw your own conclusions. :whistling:

Are you that weirdo from the other thread who checks up on what people have written in the past?

If so, are you now suggesting that you also record (and track) previous threads that forum members have started?

with you on this one semper.....this is quickly turning into a "why pattaniman is the greatest loser who ever lived thread?"

+0.5

I agree a bit in that PattaniMan seems to enjoy just spectating with the occasional flame or personal attack to keep the thread going. He/she seems to be rather good at it, as well.

However, I refuse to draw abstract conclusions about PattaniMan because the truth is that he/she might very well be quite accomplished in life. Accomplished antagonists do exist.

I would love to hear from him/her on this, his/her own, topic, but I fear that he/she has an agenda that does not involve his/her opening up.

Edited by ThailandMan