'Men In Black' Are Policemen, Chalerm Claims

webfact

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could very well be that the unknown figure Chalerm speaks of begins with an "S" or "T"

In the current round of protests, Thaksin has secretly seeded the Red Shirts in Bangkok with former military personnel, said Viengrat Nethipo, a supporter of the Red Shirts who is an assistant professor of political science at Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok. A number of government officials and independent observers share her view.

http://www.washingto...ST2010043002908

Could very well be that the unknown figure Chalerm speaks of begins with an "S" or "T"

In the current round of protests, Thaksin has secretly seeded the Red Shirts in Bangkok with former military personnel, said Viengrat Nethipo, a supporter of the Red Shirts who is an assistant professor of political science at Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok. A number of government officials and independent observers share her view.

http://www.washingto...ST2010043002908

I apologize for being off topic but I wanted to note something that was included in your article posted:

Even Foreign Minister Kasit Piromya said in Washington last month that "we should be brave enough" to talk about reforming the monarchy. Meaningful debate has been stymied for decades by a law that criminalizes almost any criticism of the king.

The point I'd like to make is, that is only the Democrats that have ever come out in favor of reforming Lese Majeste laws and the role of the monarchy in Thailand. They have also been outspoken about curbing the powers of the military and placing them wholly under the control of a civilian government. They also stated they would need a legislative majority to make substantive inroads into either issue.

Time and time again it has been the Thaksin government(s) that have revitalized the military, whose power was on the wane after 1992. It was his particular aim to re-politicize the military to consolidate his power. He failed in that, but he hasn't stopped trying. He pays lipservice to being anti-military and anti- Lese Majeste, but in truth he's just trying to use both to benefit himself.

Edited by lannarebirth

I agree, also it is worth considering that this is a "red herring" to distract the public for something else that might be about to happen. Or might he be about to throw the sheep to the wolves to make it look good for PT? Watch this space for the next exciting episode!!:o

Bingo. He's provided a way for the military to say they didn't do it. The killing of an army officer was a major source of concern in the ranks, The Deputy PM delivered to his military friends and now we wait for the quid pro quo.

I agree, also it is worth considering that this is a "red herring" to distract the public for something else that might be about to happen. Or might he be about to throw the sheep to the wolves to make it look good for PT? Watch this space for the next exciting episode!!:o

Bingo. He's provided a way for the military to say they didn't do it. The killing of an army officer was a major source of concern in the ranks, The Deputy PM delivered to his military friends and now we wait for the quid pro quo.

As conspiracy theory it's a fine one. May I add this?

Former policeman jailed 38 years for firing RPG rocket at Defence Ministry

December 13, 2011 2:14 pm

The Criminal Court Tuesday sentenced a former policeman from Sakaew to 38 years in jail after convicting him in firing an RPG rocket at the headquarters of the Defence Ministry last year.

The court ruled that public prosecutors had strong evidences and convincing witnesses to prove that Pol Lance Corporal Banthit Sitthithoom, 44, in firing a rocket-propelled grenade at the Defence Ministry on March 20 last year.

The court convicted Banthit in five counts of charges and sentenced him to a total of 38-year imprisonment.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-12-13

Kudos to Chalerm for finally identifying the origins of the mysterious men in black. They are the Red on the outside, Red on the inside, "tomatoes".

Illuminating also that cops also took out Sae Daeng, which would explain the precise sniper head shot had to be well-trained.

He added that the mastermind behind these groups was now suffering from Parkinson's disease.

A much-welcomed update to the formerly ubiquitous and over-used, "his name begins with the letter "S"."

The politicos have now progressed to naming chronic ailments as the preferred roundabout means of identifying the accused. I eagerly await the line, "I'm not at liberty to say who she is, but she's morbidly obese."

he seems to know everything

If there's any doubt that he does, just ask him and he'll tell you. Can't wait for him to become PM after Yingluck collapses. :thumbsup:.

1. I suggest you give some sober thought to the Deputy PM's statement. These alleged police officers are alleged to have been acting on behalf of the government of the time. I do not think the term is "tomato". Rather, it is mercenary.The alleged assassins were able to operate with impunity during the administration of the former Democrat government. The apparent promotion of a sub lt. to the rank of general, most likely does not sit well with some careerpolice officers, nor does it sit will with the cadre of professional military officers that were tainted by the actions of these assassins. I also suggest that you reflect on the chaotic state of the former government when it was confronted with the mass public disorder. The police and then the regular army corps had initially refused to take violently on the protestors. Restraint was shown and to a large measure, the government was descending into a state of panic. This is why the Queens Guard units were deployed and regular military units removed from the front lines.There was significant division within the ranks and officer corps as to how to respond,

2. What's your point? The principal organizer apparently has Parkinsons. It is not unusual for people to contract fatal illnesses.

3. That's your claim. The Deputy PM is commenting on this specific case. I don't think that this secret was kept secret for very long and most of the key players knew who was involved and who did what. I wouldn't be surprised if the former PM wasn't aware of the identity of the killers.

4. The Deputy PM has demonstrated caution and prudence with his statements. There is a reason why he is making these statements now. This group is alleged to be continuing its acts of sabotage and terror. It has to be stpped. Thankfully, there is someone in government with the strength and courage to speak out. You can't wait for the Deputy PM to become PM? OK. I don't think he has plans for that, but should the need arise, he would certainly be as capable as former PM Abhisit or the members of the army junta that had previously ruled Thailand.

I have to agree with you on the one point.

"I wouldn't be surprised if the former PM wasn't aware of the identity of the killers."

Yes Thaksin knows who he hired.:D

Based on my first hand experiences... the black shirts where the militant wing of the red shirt movement, i saw them mostly as guards to the red camp during the occupation of Ratchaprasong, and they were not shy to point their guns at people who disagreed with them or refused to be searched...

... so the Deputy PM can cast his accusations all he wants, i saw it with my own eyes, The Black Shirts were aligned/are part of the Red Shirt movement. If they are in fact police then they were not the police under the control of the ex-PM.

Gts theories just go to show how desperate the red shirts are to absolve them selves of any wrong doing.

If they were innocent why all the lie's.

Going to be interesting to see how they blame the videos of them urging red shirts to burn Bangkok down on stage with men in black shirts on the Democrats.

They probably already are laying the ground work for that. In all likely hood it will involve the Easter Bunny.

When I was reading the article I kept thinking of the old time movies the keystone cops.

They are just getting more pathetic every time they open their mouth.

Give them time and they will be blaming Santa Claus :D

Gts theories just go to show how desperate the red shirts are to absolve them selves of any wrong doing.

If they were innocent why all the lie's.

Going to be interesting to see how they blame the videos of them urging red shirts to burn Bangkok down on stage with men in black shirts on the Democrats.

They probably already are laying the ground work for that. In all likely hood it will involve the Easter Bunny.

When I was reading the article I kept thinking of the old time movies the keystone cops.

They are just getting more pathetic every time they open their mouth.

Give them time and they will be blaming Santa Claus :D

At this rate Thaksin is going to hire (in addition to R. Amsterdam et al) David Icke to argue that the Black Shirts were actually reptilian humanoids from outer space.

The Criminal Court Tuesday sentenced a former policeman from Sakaew to 38 years in jail after convicting him in firing an RPG rocket at the headquarters of the Defence Ministry last year.

The court ruled that public prosecutors had strong evidences and convincing witnesses to prove that Pol Lance Corporal Banthit Sitthithoom, 44, in firing a rocket-propelled grenade at the Defence Ministry on March 20 last year.

The court convicted Banthit in five counts of charges and sentenced him to a total of 38-year imprisonment.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-12-13

You can and I'd like to add this (just for conspiracy theory sakes)

Ex-policeman held in RPG case

By The Nation

Published on May 1, 2010

An ex-policeman has been arrested in the March 20 rocket attack on the Defence Ministry.

Police said he was a high profile suspect found to have been implicated in eight previous bomb attacks throughout Bangkok.

The suspect Bundit Sitthichum confessed he had actually tried to fire the rocket-propelled grenade at the Temple of the Emerald Buddha located not far away but the rocket missed the target as it hit electric wire nearby, said chief of Department of Special Investigation Tharit Pengdit.

Bundit allegedly said a man with ties to a political party paid him Bt500,000 to carry out the attack on the historic and symbolic landmark, Tharit said in a press conference.

The lone RPG round hit power wires and deflected off them before hitting the Defence Ministry which is located opposite the temple. After a police press conference announcing Bundit's arrest, the redshirted leaders spoke at the rally site at Rajprasong intersection that Bundit was paid by the government to lure the public into believing that red shirts were behind the attack.

http://www.nationmul...e-30128366.html

The men in black were the reds bodyguards that were trained by Seah Daeng the bloke who got shot by the alledged sniper on the rooftops. One of the men in black was identified as a forest ranger. Also there was a connection toa policemen being involved. I read that a policemen had been caught with a bag full of grenades near don muang airport which he was suppling to the black shirts. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The lone RPG round hit power wires and deflected off them before hitting the Defence Ministry which is located opposite the temple. After a police press conference announcing Bundit's arrest, the redshirted leaders spoke at the rally site at Rajprasong intersection that Bundit was paid by the government to lure the public into believing that red shirts were behind the attack.

As if a Red Shirt denying anything would be any indication of a conspiracy, apart from a conspiracy to carry out acts of terrorism and then deny and lie about if if caught or the revolution fails.

This webpage gives you an insite to who the black shirts are :- http://www.atimes.co...a/LE29Ae02.html

Well I hope the journalists who wrote that "article" volunteered all that information to the CRES at the time - this whole black shirt thing could have been cleared up in no time.

The article wasn't written yesterday and the info has been out there all this time. It is just, at times, drowning in the propaganda posted by some 'photojournalists' and other posters that claim to have some kind of right self-proclaimed right to determine what did and did not happen.

Good, now you understand that whoever Charlerm reveals as a blackshirt how can we believe him. He needs more than a signed confession. So what is the point of bringing this up now just after the worst flooding Thailand has ever had? You know why to gain leverage on the bring Thaksin back issue. These inquires, questioning of the opposition parties, questioning of the coup in 2006, red villages are all issues being used one way or the other to help Thaksin return to Thailand. I also think that it won't be long until Thaksin returns, theres no stiff opposition to it at the moment. The democrats are letting puea thai walk all over them.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-12-13

By The Nation

Published on May 1, 2010

An ex-policeman has been arrested in the March 20 rocket attack on the Defence Ministry.

Police said he was a high profile suspect found to have been implicated in eight previous bomb attacks throughout Bangkok.

The suspect Bundit Sitthichum confessed he had actually tried to fire the rocket-propelled grenade at the Temple of the Emerald Buddha located not far away but the rocket missed the target as it hit electric wire nearby, said chief of Department of Special Investigation Tharit Pengdit.

Bundit allegedly said a man with ties to a political party paid him Bt500,000 to carry out the attack on the historic and symbolic landmark, Tharit said in a press conference.

Having read a few more posts I can only conclude that this new government, hardly at it for a few months, hindered by worst floods in 50 years but helped by a clairvoyant Dept. PM makes for a wonderful Hollywood Christmas movie.

BTW I may have missed some posts, but did any of the UDD leaders ever indicate even the slightest hint of a possibility of being even marginally guilty by association?

Back to the OP 'Men in Black are policemen'? When Pol.Capt. Chalerm says this it surely must be true :rolleyes:

(edit: improve the odds ;) )

Edited by rubl

Good, now you understand that whoever Charlerm reveals as a blackshirt how can we believe him. He needs more than a signed confession. So what is the point of bringing this up now just after the worst flooding Thailand has ever had? You know why to gain leverage on the bring Thaksin back issue. These inquires, questioning of the opposition parties, questioning of the coup in 2006, red villages are all issues being used one way or the other to help Thaksin return to Thailand. I also think that it won't be long until Thaksin returns, theres no stiff opposition to it at the moment. The democrats are letting puea thai walk all over them.

Yep your right Charlem wants to muddy the waters so bad that any amnesty looks like it benefit all rather than the one.

This webpage gives you an insite to who the black shirts are :- http://www.atimes.co...a/LE29Ae02.html

Well I hope the journalists who wrote that "article" volunteered all that information to the CRES at the time - this whole black shirt thing could have been cleared up in no time.

The article wasn't written yesterday and the info has been out there all this time. It is just, at times, drowning in the propaganda posted by some 'photojournalists' and other posters that claim to have some kind of right self-proclaimed right to determine what did and did not happen.

I am quite aware it wasn't written yesterday - I read it at the time and dismissed it as propaganda posted by some 'photojournalists' with an unfortunate taste for sensationalistic hyperbole;

A cigarette hanging from his lips, a sinewy man with a knotted-up beard perched on the back of a plastic chair and spoke into a military-grade radio.

''Happy birthday," he said in English. Moments later a sonorous detonation boomed from afar in the heart of the Thai capital.............

They let us inside their secret world on one condition: if we took any pictures, they would kill us.

There is an award for the worst written sex scenes in novels - I think there's room for another award..............

I am quite aware it wasn't written yesterday - I read it at the time and dismissed it as propaganda posted by some 'photojournalists' with an unfortunate taste for sensationalistic hyperbole;

A cigarette hanging from his lips, a sinewy man with a knotted-up beard perched on the back of a plastic chair and spoke into a military-grade radio.

''Happy birthday," he said in English. Moments later a sonorous detonation boomed from afar in the heart of the Thai capital.............

They let us inside their secret world on one condition: if we took any pictures, they would kill us.

There is an award for the worst written sex scenes in novels - I think there's room for another award..............

I suggest we strive for an award to those journalists / reporters who with disregard of their own safety bring us inside-full and controversial news items. We might even name it for our house reporter, the yearly NN price. The news item selected must be of a controversial nature to at least 60% of TV members in order to qualify :rolleyes:

Back to the OP 'Men in Black are policemen', who would have thought, apart from Pol.Capt. Chalerm ?

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-12-13

By The Nation

Published on May 1, 2010

Anyone who would suggest the "elites" would pay someone to blow up the Emerald Buddha is either an idiot or knows absolutely nothing about... things. :ph34r:

Anyone who would suggest the "elites" would pay someone to blow up the Emerald Buddha is either an idiot or knows absolutely nothing about... things. :ph34r:

Do some investigation before you label people as idiots. The Defence Ministry is rather a large building that was in the line of sight from the point of fire to the emerald buddha. The convicted policeman offered that up as his first "confession" about the target. He would have needed an emerald seeking rpg round to hit it and I'm not sure that they exist.

Do some investigation before you label people as idiots. The Defence Ministry is rather a large building that was in the line of sight from the point of fire to the emerald buddha. The convicted policeman offered that up as his first "confession" about the target. He would have needed an emerald seeking rpg round to hit it and I'm not sure that they exist.

Here a clear case of a statement answered by a non-related other statement.

Whatever the convicted policeman intended, wanted, had as tools to try, etc., etc., has nothing at all to do with why the chap did what he did, or if he was paid to do so, or by whom he might have been paid had he been paid.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-12-13

By The Nation

Published on May 1, 2010

Well we know that red-shirt leaders lie like pigs in shi-t, don't we, as evidenced by

"DSI chief Tharit Pengdit said former Pol Lance Corporal Bandit Sitthitum, 43, and Supanat Ui-yawet, 43, were paid 500,000 baht by Pol Lt Col Supachai Tuikaewkam, whose wife, Juriporn Sintuprai, is a red-shirt leader from Pattaya."

I can't post a link, but a Google on rpg + "emerald buddha" will get you there easily.

'Men in black' aka 'Black Shirts'

actions speak louder than lies

the 'Black Shirts' actions were anti govt

& pro 'Red Shirts' (Red Guard/Khmer Rouge)

Col. Jessep: *You can't handle the truth!*

"A Few Good Men" (1992)

Edited by wxyz

Kudos to Chalerm for finally identifying the origins of the mysterious men in black. They are the Red on the outside, Red on the inside, "tomatoes".

Illuminating also that cops also took out Sae Daeng, which would explain the precise sniper head shot had to be well-trained.

He added that the mastermind behind these groups was now suffering from Parkinson's disease.

A much-welcomed update to the formerly ubiquitous and over-used, "his name begins with the letter "S"."

The politicos have now progressed to naming chronic ailments as the preferred roundabout means of identifying the accused. I eagerly await the line, "I'm not at liberty to say who she is, but she's morbidly obese."

he seems to know everything

If there's any doubt that he does, just ask him and he'll tell you. Can't wait for him to become PM after Yingluck collapses. :thumbsup:.

1. I suggest you give some sober thought to the Deputy PM's statement. These alleged police officers are alleged to have been acting on behalf of the government of the time. I do not think the term is "tomato". Rather, it is mercenary.The alleged assassins were able to operate with impunity during the administration of the former Democrat government. The apparent promotion of a sub lt. to the rank of general, most likely does not sit well with some careerpolice officers, nor does it sit will with the cadre of professional military officers that were tainted by the actions of these assassins. I also suggest that you reflect on the chaotic state of the former government when it was confronted with the mass public disorder. The police and then the regular army corps had initially refused to take violently on the protestors. Restraint was shown and to a large measure, the government was descending into a state of panic. This is why the Queens Guard units were deployed and regular military units removed from the front lines.There was significant division within the ranks and officer corps as to how to respond,

2. What's your point? The principal organizer apparently has Parkinsons. It is not unusual for people to contract fatal illnesses.

3. That's your claim. The Deputy PM is commenting on this specific case. I don't think that this secret was kept secret for very long and most of the key players knew who was involved and who did what. I wouldn't be surprised if the former PM wasn't aware of the identity of the killers.

4. The Deputy PM has demonstrated caution and prudence with his statements. There is a reason why he is making these statements now. This group is alleged to be continuing its acts of sabotage and terror. It has to be stpped. Thankfully, there is someone in government with the strength and courage to speak out. You can't wait for the Deputy PM to become PM? OK. I don't think he has plans for that, but should the need arise, he would certainly be as capable as former PM Abhisit or the members of the army junta that had previously ruled Thailand.

I'm sorry but you are wrong when you say, " The Deputy PM has demonstrated caution and prudence with his statements." He has not demonstrated any caution or prudence with his continued statements!

He spouts off continuously as if he were the "ALL SEEING EYE". If he knows so much then he knows too much to not possible be involved himself. He is fomenting negative public opinion just like his BOSS Thaksin.

Take note anyone - the report doesn't support phiphidon's preconceived notion of what happened that day so clearly the reporter and photojournalist (oddly labeled as 'photojournalists' by phiphidon) must be writing fiction and not be truthful at all.

Now where did I remember some posters being outraged at any such speculation or accusation against a photojournalist before, even after he ended up professing his allegiance and bias...

Here is the URL again for those that haven't read it yet: http://www.atimes.co...a/LE29Ae02.html

Here a clear case of a statement answered by a non-related other statement.

Whatever the convicted policeman intended, wanted, had as tools to try, etc., etc., has nothing at all to do with why the chap did what he did, or if he was paid to do so, or by whom he might have been paid had he been paid.

And just how is my statement not related to the AleG statement? Tharit stated that the policeman "confessed" that he was aiming for the emerald buddha.This was later denied by said policeman. I was basically demonstrating why I was not, in AleG's words, "an idiot". If you're happy with being insulted without basis, up to you, I am not.